MSEP coming to Orlando?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Yeah but .... what makes you think TDA wants it back?
Fair point but… It’s still an asset. If they didn’t want it, I’d have to think they’d have dismantled it by now. I’m guessing there are/were vague plans for PTN to return to DCA and that’s why it’s still assembled and in storage.

el_super

Fair point but… It’s still an asset. If they didn’t want it, I’d have to think they’d have dismantled it by now. I’m guessing there are/were vague plans for PTN to return to DCA and that’s why it’s still assembled and in storage.

Yeah to be fair I don't think it's that they don't want it... they just don't need it. Fantasmic and World of Color can both pull their weight, and the fireworks are basically icing on the cake (esp since you can basically see them from both parks). Running a parade down the middle of the crowd waiting for fireworks/woc or while people are trying to exit from Fantasmic was always just ... a bad idea.

jrhwdw

Granted I'm not an insider hasn't this been debunked by these Boards over and over again?????? Why is Blog Mickey starting this again????? Unless something really changed this time?????

doctornick

Yeah to be fair I don't think it's that they don't want it... they just don't need it. Fantasmic and World of Color can both pull their weight, and the fireworks are basically icing on the cake (esp since you can basically see them from both parks). Running a parade down the middle of the crowd waiting for fireworks/woc or while people are trying to exit from Fantasmic was always just ... a bad idea.

Well, they are going to run MSEP sometime in the near future, so if it's a "bad idea" they don't seem to care...

doctornick

Very interesting. If this is true and PTN goes to DHS, looks like F! won't be coming back in spring/summer.

I couldn't imaging F! Exiting into a parade route... 😬
They could run them at roughly the same time and force people to choose (which is what they generally would do with the Star Wars fireworks at Fantasmic!). Or they could stay the parade a bit before Fantasmic! so that it clears out by the time F! is done.

If the parade did indeed come to DHS, would there be the same concerns about space that there is at MK? I believe the thinking is that the Mack (Cars) float cannot make the sharpest turns at MK.

jrhwdw

Very interesting. If this is true and PTN goes to DHS, looks like F! won't be coming back in spring/summer.

I couldn't imaging F! Exiting into a parade route... 😬
Question is how quick can PTN get to WDW?? Unless it's already backstage here and people missed it?

Might we here about F!/WOC at DLR as well at D23? What's holding those up?

el_super

Well, they are going to run MSEP sometime in the near future, so if it's a "bad idea" they don't seem to care...

I don't have any information on specifics yet, but if it follows the same pattern it did last time, it will probably run from Jan-Mar, while the park hours will not allow for Fireworks/Fantasmic.

Amidala

also! why do WDW fans want other parks' nighttime parades so badly? get disney to make a brand-new one, one that'll blow all others out of the water

isn't that better than the constant hand-me-downs that WDW has been getting since spectromagic?

i mean, of course it's better. but the odds on that happening are so slim it's hardly even worth discussing, and at the end of the day i'd rather have something than nothing...especially when it's a relatively modern parade like PTN (as opposed to MSEP coming back to the east coast again, like this thread originally suggested). ideally i would love to see a brand new parade @ WDW similar to tokyo's dreamlights, but who knows if/when we'll ever get something original here with the aggressive post-pandemic cost cutting.

i won't hold my breath, though...this rumor seems too good to be true, even if the source is pretty reputable. we've heard it so many times before. and if they have the entertainment cast to run PTN here, that begs the question of why FoF still isn't back yet...and also why they practically halved the entertainment cast in once upon a christmastime

culturenthrills

This rumor is very strong. Having it come to DHS will help pull some people of away from MK and help DHS which has been weak at night for years. Fantasmic is not the draw it used to be and thr Star Wars fireworks have never been a huge draw. Also DHS parade route is wide enough to handle the Mack Float but the drawback is it isn't very long.

jrhwdw

I don't have any information on specifics yet, but if it follows the same pattern it did last time, it will probably run from Jan-Mar, while the park hours will not allow for Fireworks/Fantasmic.
How quickly we forget that DL had F!/MSEP from 1992-1996 when F! opened, F!/PTN for the 60th before F! 1.0 closed for SWGE and MSEP/F! 2.0 in 2017 & 2019. DL can do all 3 if they want too! Also, DL is open long enough on Weekends in winter to allow for Fireworks/F! so that's not a problem with MSEP.......

Crazydisneyfanluke

They could run them at roughly the same time and force people to choose (which is what they generally would do with the Star Wars fireworks at Fantasmic!). Or they could stay the parade a bit before Fantasmic! so that it clears out by the time F! is done.

If the parade did indeed come to DHS, would there be the same concerns about space that there is at MK? I believe the thinking is that the Mack (Cars) float cannot make the sharpest turns at MK.
There are two turns at DHS that Mack might not be able to make. Turning down Hollywood Blvd, and turning off Hollywood Blvd. I think they are 90 degree turns.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom