Ms. Marvel TV Series in the Works for Disney+

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
Ahead of the Disney+ Showcase taking place at D23 Expo later today, The Hollywood Reporter brings word that a Ms. Marvel TV series is officially in the works for the streaming platform, focusing on the relavaitely new, and fan-favorite character of Kamela Khan

British writer Bisha K. Ali (Four Weddings and Funeral) will reportedly write and act as showrunner for the series. An official announcement could come in just a few hours.

Ahead of the Disney+ Showcase taking place at D23 Expo later today, The Hollywood Reporter brings word that a Ms. Marvel TV series is officially in the works for the streaming platform, focusing on the relavaitely new, and fan-favorite character of Kamela Khan

British writer Bisha K. Ali (Four Weddings and Funeral) will reportedly write and act as showrunner for the series. An official announcement could come in just a few hours.

Read more at https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/...s-in-the-works-for-disney#R9SsdtPA7AzuLXI4.99

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I've hated this character as she is portrayed in the animated Avengers series. So... I hope they go in a different direction of constant self-doubt, hero-worship, and the absolute worst fashion sense.

NateD1226

Tweet gone. What was it?
Iman Vellani in the Ms. Marvel suit

1619903708797.png

NateD1226

MisterPenguin

Premium Member

NateD1226

Ummm... there's nothing in the article I can see that says Hawkeye will be "next."
Did my quote not show up? In the first line of the first paragraph it says “In the wake of Loki, the next live-action MCU series due on Disney+ is Hawkeye…”

Besides it wouldn’t make sense to promote Hawkeye first if Ms. Marvel was first

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Did my quote not show up? In the first line of the first paragraph it says “In the wake of Loki, the next live-action MCU series due on Disney+ is Hawkeye…”

Besides it wouldn’t make sense to promote Hawkeye first if Ms. Marvel was first
Thanks. Don't know why my eyes passed over that over and over again.

I think I need to take a nap.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Take this with a grain of salt

Well... if it were to start before Hawkeye, it would have already started. Not counting tomorrow, there's only 8 Wednesdays left before Hawkeye starts. And What If...? is taking us to Oct 6 (Oct 13 if there is a 'making of' episode).

Hawkeye's six episodes and the 'making of' episode ends on Jan 5.

So, yeah, very likely moved to 2022. More likely for Jan than Feb, I would guess.

Lucky Rabbit

Take this with a grain of salt

It’s likely correct. Who knows why it got delayed, but it’s likely the next show after Hawkeye, unless there’s some serious reshoot issues. Obviously they want to give people plenty of time to see this character before her appearance in The Marvels.

I’m guessing this show moving from 2021 to 2022 bumps Armor Wars out of 2022.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom