Ms. Marvel TV Series in the Works for Disney+

Disney Irish

Premium Member
When do they announce the new seasons nowadays?

In my day, September was the start of the new TV season, and in August you'd get all sorts of buzz and publicity for the new stuff coming to the three networks. Then in October you'd get the start of the new model year for cars, and all the car dealerships in town would hold debut parties with free hot dogs and Pepsi and balloons for the kids so you could see the new models and collect all the brochures. Autumn was fun back then.

How does it work now? Is it just randomly at any time of the year a new show is announced, or is it still in the fall?

I ask because I'm just wondering when we should expect an announcement of Season 2 for Ms. Marvel. This summer?
Shows, especially streaming shows, are no longer bound by the legacy linear schedule of old that you're used to. This is because there is no "season" schedule for streaming, new shows/new seasons debut all the time. New shows/new seasons are announced any time of the year.

If an announcement was to come soon I would suspect it would be either at Comic-Con in July or D23 in August.

LSLS

Phase One didn't have Thanos appear until a 30 second post-credit cameo scene in Avengers. So there was no "big bad" in all of Phase One and pretty must most of Phase Two, so no people didn't know where it was leading to until later in Phase Two. Heck they didn't even really truly start introducing the Infinity Stones (the overarching story) until Guardians 1, which was almost the end of Phase Two.

And so by all accounts Phase Four was a reset, a "post-Blip/post-Endgame" Phase One. So the next "big bad" wasn't going to appear in any of the Phase Four films as it was suppose to introduce the next set of character arcs. And really Kang wasn't even originally suppose to be the next threat anyways, just like Thanos wasn't originally suppose to be the "big bad" of the Infinity Saga either. It was only after the Loki series and seeing Majors performance that they moved to having Kang being the "big bad", and well it just didn't pan out for obvious reasons and now need to pivot.

So to me it never felt rudderless because I knew it was still leading to something even if that wasn't yet known, just like Phase One.

Also No Way Home had Strange in it as well, which is part of the MCU, and don't forget the D+ series and its characters which are part of Phase Four too, so that is half of all Phase Four having at least some cross-over with other characters.

The word you're looking for is praised not panned for her performance. :)
They may not have been building to Thanos in the beginning, but they were building to at least Avengers movies. Each movie, you saw call backs to what was in the previous movies, and more characters added on. Phase 4 especially, there was almost none of that. Even the new characters introduced kind of disappeared and don't really show up again. I admit I haven't watched everything yet (I'll point out Black Panther and GotG were my two least favorite films, but I know I'm a minority), but has Shang Chi or the Eternals or even Spiderman or America Chavez shown up again yet? Just feels like nothing was building at all, especially in Phase 4. In fact almost the opposite. You had a core who were still around from Phase 3, and now you have Spiderman who is connected with nobody now, Wanda is gone, and Strange is off wandering the multiverse.

erasure fan1

Where did I say Phases 4 and 5 were executed well? Never did, execution wise I think they failed overall.
I said you seem reluctant to give credit to phase 1 & 2. When I talked about what they did in comparison to how it's gone in these last phases, you very much played it down. They had no plan, no villain.... Obviously our definition of what makes it rudderless is different, and that's fine. It just seemed like you were making excuses for 4 & 5 by underplaying how well the first two phases went.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I said you seem reluctant to give credit to phase 1 & 2. When I talked about what they did in comparison to how it's gone in these last phases, you very much played it down. They had no plan, no villain.... Obviously our definition of what makes it rudderless is different, and that's fine. It just seemed like you were making excuses for 4 & 5 by underplaying how well the first two phases went.
I'm not reluctant to give credit to Phases 1 and 2, as both built the MCU. If you haven't gathered by now from all our interactions over the years or even my avatar, I'm a huge Marvel specifically MCU fan. So I'm perfectly fine giving them credit. But what I'm doing is giving the right proper credit to the reality of Phases 1 and 2 and to making sure its understood that they weren't as clearly planned and pieced together as you (and many others) are giving it credit for, ie giving too much credit. Because looking back at it now without knowing the history of what actually happened makes it seem like Phases 1 and 2 were completely planned out. That is the legend of Feige, I even bought into it in the early days of the MCU. You can probably find posts of me here saying the same thing years ago. But we 100% know now they had no real plan or villain for all of Phase 1 and half of Phase 2. They had some broad strokes of what they wanted to do for an interconnected universe and that is basically it. The rest was just thrown against the wall and saw what stucked and worked. And to their credit they figured out what worked and its now one of the greatest franchises in the history of the planet, and I'm here for it. Its why I have more faith in the process and am fine with what has come out, as I have faith in Feige. But that doesn't mean I don't think it could have been executed better. Overall, while I like the individual pieces, I think the overarching story of Phases 4 and 5 (so far) could have been better. Hopefully they will stick the landing with the rest of Phase 5 and 6.

And yes we have a different definition of rudderless, as to me rudderless means to aimlessly drift with no direction. In my opinion I don't think or feel they are aimlessly drifting in no direction. As I think they have a direction, maybe just not clearly defined or conveyed to you in the way you would like or expect, but they have a direction and end goal for where they want this ship to land in the current saga. We know the direction currently is Secret Wars in the short term to complete the Multiverse Saga. And then longer term Young Avengers and Mutants. The latter, to bring this back to the topic of the thread, is where Ms Marvel is going to play a role. How large of a role is still to be determined. But this to me is why this has not felt rudderless. As I see the direction they are going, and am here for the ride. I'm sorry you and some others here haven't felt the same way. Like I said hopefully they stick the landing and it feels more in-line with your expectations.

Wendy Pleakley

It was a bit of a darned if you do, darned if you don't situation to me.

I wanted a bit more build up in terms of developing a central villain. A character asking "who's Thanos" in Infinity War spoke to a lack of a central storyline to me.

On the other hand, people didn't like it when movies spent time connecting to a broader story. Age of Ultron got a lot of criticism for setting up other stuff at the expense of being a good standalone movie.

Watching Ultron now, with hindsight, I give it a lot of credit for setting up the future. Knowing what they would ultimately achieve with Endgame makes me appreciate that they laid the groundwork.

erasure fan1

I wanted a bit more build up in terms of developing a central villain. A character asking "who's Thanos" in Infinity War spoke to a lack of a central storyline to me.
I can see that. It didn't bother me because we knew what was coming by that point. It makes sense that not every character would know in my opinion. Everything just felt more connected, to each other, the overarching story. Even if something felt like it wasn't connected, there was something to tie it to the universe. Something like antman had a tie to shield and gave you insight into why Hank left it. It also gave us info that was going to be helpful for civil war and referenced back to winter soldier with Falcon. I just haven't gotten that same feeling from phase 4 and beyond. But like I've said, part of it could just be the quality of content hasn't been as good so I haven't been invested like the infinity saga.
Watching Ultron now, with hindsight, I give it a lot of credit for setting up the future. Knowing what they would ultimately achieve with Endgame makes me appreciate that they laid the groundwork.
It's funny you say that. I rewatched Ultron not that long ago and I would have to say it's one of the most underrated mcu films in my opinion. I liked it when it released, but it wasn't in my top rotation of rewatching. But going back to it after everything, was a completely different experience for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom