Ms. Marvel TV Series in the Works for Disney+

LSLS

Yeah, it seems Ms. Marvel will have a different tone than the other MCU movies. And that's fine with me. The MCU has avoided "super hero burnout" by delving into different genres.

Obviously, we wouldn't expect a Punisher level vibe of dark, gritty hyper-violence from a young teen coming-of-age story. If you want that, then check out The New Mutants.

So, it's going to be more attuned to the aesthetics of Y.A. fare. Which won't be for everyone. But it seems to be designed with the hope of reaching a new generation of fans.

Which is exactly what the comic book version of Ms. Marvel was doing.
Totally agree. I'm not super excited for this. But the kid who watches the old liv and maddie/girl meets world/etc. shows probably think this looks great

doctornick

I thought the trailer was interesting. I can see the comparison to a teen TV show, but I think the key element is the quality not the genre. I expect this to be better than your typical YA fare on the WB or Freeform.

Moka

I'm surprised with the amount of positive reviews I saw today, after all the negative talk. I'm excited to see what it offers.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Totally LOVED this first episode!

Totally HATED what they did to her powers. This had better turn out to be
an inherited ability from her Nani or a Chosen One situation as they seem to be setting up and not just "I found a magic thing and now I'm a super hero!" Ugh.

tcool123

While Disney may not be able to use Marvel as in comics or cinematic universes in the parks they can us Marvel when its Ms. Marvel!

B9A978DA-0CDB-4104-BB7C-A815C2D3AB92.png

This means Ms Marvel is the 6th MCU property that can be used in the parks. The other ones being is Guardians, Strange, Eternals, Shang Chi and Moon Knight.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
While Disney may not be able to use Marvel as in comics or cinematic universes in the parks they can us Marvel when its Ms. Marvel!

View attachment 644490

This means Ms Marvel is the 6th MCU property that can be used in the parks. The other ones being is Guardians, Strange, Eternals, Shang Chi and Moon Knight.
Just an FYI, and I'm sure you probably know, but there is no limitation in any of the other Parks around the world only at WDW. DLR for example can use any character without hesitation and they have. And even then there appears to be some loop holes in which characters can be use as Dr Strange was used at WDW, even though he was an Avenger at one point. Not to mention I've seen pictures of the world "Marvel" advertised in Disney Springs which used to be a no-no from the Marvel/Uni contract so who knows where the limitation is now.

tcool123

Just an FYI, and I'm sure you probably know, but there is no limitation in any of the other Parks around the world only at WDW. DLR for example can use any character without hesitation and they have. And even then there appears to be some loop holes in which characters can be use as Dr Strange was used at WDW, even though he was an Avenger at one point. Not to mention I've seen pictures of the world "Marvel" advertised in Disney Springs which used to be a no-no from the Marvel/Uni contract so who knows where the limitation is now.
Sorry my fever brain had me forgot that part 😅. I believe there is some limitations in Japan as well due to Universal’s Spider-Man but beyond that yup couldnt remember the rest at the moment

Vegas Disney Fan

Like all Marvel shows, overall plot is slow moving, but it was well acted and sets up a potentially interesting story.

I think they’d have been better off releasing a second, more exciting, episode today also to hook people with some action, the first was so slow paced I struggled to get through it.

I found the first episode of Wandavision boring also but it ended up being great so I’m cautiously optimistic, the next few episodes better bring a little pace though or I’ll probably move on from the series, I enjoy backstory and establishing the character but without some action it’s not a Marvel movie, it’s just a teenage drama.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Show looks cute,
Sorry my fever brain had me forgot that part 😅. I believe there is some limitations in Japan as well due to Universal’s Spider-Man but beyond that yup couldnt remember the rest at the moment
:) well hope your fever brain is feeling better.

I still think its up in the air on what limitations there are at TDL, but until they get a larger Marvel footprint we won't know for sure.

Either way as I was alluding to I think its very much on a case-by-case basis for character usage in WDW. Personally, I honestly think that Disney is just biding its time until it truly challenges the Marvel/Uni contract and gets it nullified in someway, even if its a buy out.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
BTW, I really like the series. But I'm here for any Marvel content they put out, so its no shock that I like it.

And yes, and its not a spoiler since its in the trailers, that her powers have a different origin (for now) and are slightly different (again for now), they are still cool to watch.

Vegas Disney Fan

BTW, I really like the series. But I'm here for any Marvel content they put out, so its no shock that I like it.

And yes, and its not a spoiler since its in the trailers, that her powers have a different origin (for now) and are slightly different (again for now), they are still cool to watch.
I was happy to see her stretch her hand to catch the girl, I wasn’t a fan of them changing her powers but if they combine it with her original powers I think it’ll work well.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I was happy to see her stretch her hand to catch the girl, I wasn’t a fan of them changing her powers but if they combine it with her original powers I think it’ll work well.
Personally I was not that tied to her original powers in the comics/animated series, too much like Mr Fantastic and Ant-Man for my taste. I like when each character has their own set of unique powers, but that is just my personal preference.

We'll see where they take her story, since she plays a larger role in the upcoming movies she could end up with something closer to her original powers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom