Mr. Toad

Mr. Toad was a simple dark ride, but that doesn't make it boring! Driving reckless through a house, trap doors, the streets of london, then crashing into a train and going to Hell!

I wouldn't call that boring.

Thrill Seeker

So does Florida's version of Pooh. There are a couple references to Toad in the ride. The first one is when Toad is handing over the deed to the house. The other one is when Mole is seen moving out. This pays homage to Mr. Toad. We all know about the tombstone at Haunted Mansion as well. It's just another example of the magical touch of Disney

There is now apparently a 3rd one in the queue for Mickey at the Town Square Theater. There is a letter in his dressing room addressed to J. Thaddeus Toad.

I LOVED Mr. Toad's Wild Ride as a kid. It was fun, frantic and very enjoyable overall. Yeah, it wasn't politically correct at the time, but it was still a classic attraction that should have been kept for future generations, rather than replacing it with Pooh and forcing those who loved it to go to California.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I LOVED Mr. Toad's Wild Ride as a kid. It was fun, frantic and very enjoyable overall. Yeah, it wasn't politically correct at the time, but it was still a classic attraction that should have been kept for future generations, rather than replacing it with Pooh and forcing those who loved it to go to California.

Agreed, and to think that it's only just over a decade later, when they "couldn't" keep toad open and ADD Winnie the Pooh as an extra attraction, they are now doubling the size of Fantasyland (I know, different management, etc.)

They could have co-existed well I think, but Pooh came in because they couldn't put a gift shop at the end of Toad's and expect anyone to buy merchandise (this is literally what they tell you on the tour of the park when you're a new CM)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom