Mr. Toad vs. Winnie the Pooh

Mr. Toad vs. Winnie the Pooh

• Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

Votes: 81 58.7%
  • Winnie the Pooh

Votes: 57 41.3%

• Total voters

Thrill

It's only saving grace...you went to hell.

I've only been on the Disneyland version, but that was seriously the best part of the ride. It was fun, but I think Pooh is better as a ride. Mr. Toad is a far superior character, though.

surfsupdon

Mr Toad is my winner. It was a zany fast paced ride, and it felt so much longer than Pooh. Also, Toad felt more immersive. Pooh feels like black rooms stuffed with props and animatronics, but the beauty of the "cardboard cutouts" of Toad was that they were literally EVERYWHERE you looked.

ABigBrassBand

If the Disneyland Toad is any representation (I never road the WDW one) then I can say that I enjoyed Toad more, simply because it was more exciting. However, I still love Pooh for what it is, just makes Fantasyland all the more awesome.

GenerationX

When I compare the two attractions in terms of story, effects, music, and characters, Pooh wins. In terms of nostalgia value, as evidenced by the results of the poll, Toad wins.

Thrill Seeker

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride was my favorite ride as a kid. I loved it and was very upset when it was removed. My favorite memory of the ride was on my final ride when it stopped in the roundabout scene for at least 20 minutes. The car across from us was taking pictures and talking to us pretty much the whole time. When it finally got running again, our car went through the exit tunnel and the air was filled with applause as we got off. Great way to send off a great ride.

I actually boycotted Pooh for the longest time because of them replacing Toad. I hate to admit it, but Pooh is actually a pretty good ride. I liked the Pooh series as a kid, but Toad was a better ride all around.

I miss Mr. Toad...

Thrill Seeker

If the Disneyland Toad is any representation (I never road the WDW one) then I can say that I enjoyed Toad more, simply because it was more exciting. However, I still love Pooh for what it is, just makes Fantasyland all the more awesome.

Florida's Toad was better because there were two dueling tracks where you went different places on each track. The scenes where the two tracks ran into each other were pretty crazy.

The Empress Lilly

I give Toad the edge. Nothing to do with any hard feelings towards Pooh, just a genuine love for good old Toad.
Toad was nothing more than a dark ride through cardboard cutouts. It's only saving grace...you went to hell.
Oi! That's like saying that Big Thunder is just a kiddie coaster through foam rocks. That Jungle Cruise is just a three feet deep pond with fake plastic animals.

It's not the materials or the amount of money spend or the big celebrity tie-in. What matters is if a ride makes some sort of magic happen. Those cardboars worked because they went so well together with the bright colours, the lightning, thevisual style. This all in turn perfectly complemented the frantic nature of the ride. Everything worked together.

As a result, Toad had character, lots of it. It was never a big budget E ticket, but it always delivered. Toad was simply great fun.

Mouse Man

I was able to have ridden on Mr Toad's wild ride the year that it closed. It was an okay ride and honestly was not all that spectacular. I think it was just different and really did not fit the theme in that Fantasy land area. To me when you look at it all together, Small World, Peter Pan, Snow White and now Pooh all fit togehter better far as themeing. Mr. Toad was really a funny little movie and was an OKAY ride but on the left side far as themeing goes. The wife and I enjoy Pooh a whole lot more and enjoy the bouncing when we meet Tigger. My wifes favorite character afterTink is Eore, so the ride does relate to the both of us where Mr. Toad did not. Honestly when it came to rides being removed and or brought back it would be 20,000 Leagues under the sea. I loved that ride as a little boy and loved it as an older teenager. It was just one of those really neat experiences that I could totally get into.

MKCP 1985

Shocking that Mr. Toad is holding such a commanding lead after all these views and posts. Somebody link this thread to the DIS boards and I'm sure the results will swing far in the other direction. Every baby's mama loves Winnie the Pooh and friends. :lol:

Rock on, J. Thaddeus Toad! :sohappy:

hth1917

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, hands down. It was the strangest attraction in Disney Word, and one of the most fun. I boycotted Pooh for a long time; I still don't ride it often as I just don't find it that enjoyable. Toad, on the other hand, I used to ride several times each visit.

ml123_9

Mr. Toad by far, everytime I rode it with my parents as a kid, my mom always closed her eyes and ducked when the train came

beast

Pooh.

I only went on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride at WDW once. It was really low tech. Pretty much what you would find on other dark rides at your local amusement parks. Disney did a good job with the Winnie The Pooh ride. Much more creativity went into the design of that attraction.

Also, I like the WTP movies more than "The Wind In The Willows".

Matt_Black

Aside from the IP, there's really not much to separate Toad from attractions you'll find at other amusement parks. Let's be honest- it's a little cheesy.

I'm not a huge fan of Pooh (though the most recent movie had several moments that had me laughing out loud), but that is a very well designed dark ride, start to finish.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom