Mr. Toad vs. Winnie the Pooh

• Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

Votes: 81 58.7%
  • Winnie the Pooh

Votes: 57 41.3%

• Total voters

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
Maybe it's been done to death but I don't know if I have ever personally seen a poll done on it. So here it goes.

For those that experienced both attractions, which one did you like better? Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, or The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh which replaced it?

WDW_Emily

I went on Mr.Toad when I was very little(around 3-5ish) according to my parents, I loved it! They said I would beg to go on it all the time when we were there.
My mom says she liked Mr Toad better. Although she loves pooh, she just though Mr. Toad was better. (can't explain why she just like it more)

Dj Corona

I think Tigger1988 said it best, but the real charm of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride was that it was the one ride based on a lesser known character, and was completely different and offbeat from other rides in the park, especially for Fantasyland!

Krack

Toad was so great. Where else at WDW do you get hit by a train and literally go to hell?

toad_devil.jpg

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Toad was nothing more than a dark ride through cardboard cutouts. It's only saving grace...you went to hell.

rodserling27

Toad was fast, wild, and entertaining, and I rode it as a kid so I will always be partial. However, Winnie the Pooh is pretty fun to ride, and I really enjoy going on it (especially the Tigger scene!) But I really wish the two could co-exist, to be honest. I give Toad the edge, but it would be really nice if they hadn't had to get rid of one for the other.

NedFlanders

It is a bit like comparing apples to oranges.

Having taken my kids to Disneyland earlier this year where they road Mr. Toad's for the first time... The 5 year old was a little scared by the darkness of it... the 8 year old loved... That said, both wanted to ride it again.

Now with pooh, the 5 year old still loves that ride, the 8 year old doesn't really care for it.

So I think it is a bit of 1 ride is made for a very young audience the other for is clearly for an older audience.... So you can't really compare the two it would make as much sense as comparing Test Track to Dumbo (I would pick Dumbo).

Tooning

I personally like them both for alot of reasons. Personally not upset they mad a new ride and wouldn't have been upset if they kept the old ride

MKCP 1985

How did Toad ever get the green light? :lol: I loved it. Pooh is a much better fit and its target audience loves it, but Toad gets my vote.

Pitch man: "We'll have old timey automobiles with steering wheels so little kids can sit down to drive, only the car won't go where they steer it. That way, the kids' parents can yell at the kid and tell them to straighten up and drive right. But no matter what, the car will run all over the place and into everything - fireplaces, barn yard animals, traffic court - and then for the big finale, it will run onto a set of railroad tracks with an oncoming train coming right at them! They will hit the train, die and go to hell!"

Disney park executive: "Let's go with that. We can set it up so that the other Fantasyland dark ride is a Snow White ride where you keep hoping to see Snow White but instead a scary evil queen hag will keep popping out at you, scaring the little children until they wet their pants. That'll teach them to pass me over for the Haunted Mansion and stick me here."

:lookaroun

rsoxguy

I always saw Mr. Toad's Wild Ride as a cheesy carnival type of ride. I'm well aware of the story within The Wind an the Willows, but the ride was cheap. I prefer the whimsy and story line behind the Pooh ride. Sorry to all the Toad fans, but it didn't do a thing for me, and I don't miss it at all.

Bravo 229

I chose Mr. Toad's Wild Ride because it was my favorite attraction at the Magic Kingdom. I still remember going back after it closed and looking down into the boarded up queue while riding the SkyWay. I was upset that it was closed, because it was one of the rides I had conquered my fear of the dark and rides on. I will say though, in the name of progress, that Pooh is the better ride and needed to be brought in to give the area an attraction with advanced technology.

mrtoad

As a kid Mr. Toad's Wild Ride was my favorite Fantasyland rides. I was very upset when they shut it down. I loathed the fact that Pooh was taking his place. Then I rode Pooh and loved it. It really is a great ride.

I just wish they put it someplace else. I wish Toad were back.

I think as I as most people do, get upset when one of our original WDW attractions is removed. As a kid I also loved The Mickey Mouse Revue. When it left I was heartbroken. It's current replacement is by far one of the best Fantasyland attractions (the ones in between the two attractions were not as good) but again I wish it were put someplace else so that The Mickey Mouse Revue could return....

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
So far a 30-26 lead for Mr. Toad. I thought it would be relatively close anyway. To be honest, maybe Toad was a simple ride that may not jive with people so much today but I would elevate it past a "carnival ride". The feature at the end of the train and headlights coming at you, that freaked me out and for a brief second made you realize what a person is going through who is about to be hit by a train.

There really isn't a reason the two couldn't stay together. Did they really need Ariel's Grotto? Or Pooh's Playful Spot? Why not keep the attractions going, and keep adding more?

By the way, is the one in Disneyland staying for a while now? It's a 1955 original.

Matt and Kelly

Winnie the Pooh for me. I do enjoy Mr. Toad's at DL, though it has been a long, long time since I've been on that attraction. Winnie takes it for me cause I'm a bigger Winnie the Pooh fan than I am Mr. Toad.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

That would be a hard one since they are both great. I have to say they both are pretty good knowing the 2 rides are basically just a bunch of painted boards.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom