Mr. Potato Head Question

TrentMom

Original Poster
Hi all. While at Disney World a last week, I purchaed Mr. Potato Head and as many pieces as I could fit into his box for 18.00. I had picked out a disney nametag as one of my accessories. My son and I were playing with it tonight and I can not figure out where to put it since he does not have a shirt. The only thing I could fit it on, was his arm..but that seemed strange...Does anyone have this and have a suggestion?

Thanks
Trentmom

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
TrentMom said:
Hi all. While at Disney World a last week, I purchaed Mr. Potato Head and as many pieces as I could fit into his box for 18.00. I had picked out a disney nametag as one of my accessories. My son and I were playing with it tonight and I can not figure out where to put it since he does not have a shirt. The only thing I could fit it on, was his arm..but that seemed strange...Does anyone have this and have a suggestion?

Thanks
Trentmom

We have purchased quite a bit of potatoe paraphanalia at Disney, but can not say that we have gotten the name tag. I would suggest contacting the toy store at Downtown Disney by phone and asking if they could tell you where it is supposed to be placed.

SewIn2Disney

It does go on the arm. I have also found, if you have the original Mrs. Potato Head, she comes with a white hat, that has a little nubbin sticking out of the front where the flower could go, the name tag fits there too. It looks funky, but hey--that's what the Potato Heads are all about!

13 days and I can add to m 5000+ potato head collection!

(Were the golden mickey ears in stock while you were there? I've been unable to get them on my past two trips..... :( )

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
JPVonDrake said:
Strange as it may seem, the "proper" place is infact the arm.

:veryconfu :sohappy:
When I grow up, I hope I know as much as you about Disney. Without a doubt, you are one of the most helpful people on these boards.

TrentMom

Original Poster
SewIn2Disney said:
It does go on the arm. I have also found, if you have the original Mrs. Potato Head, she comes with a white hat, that has a little nubbin sticking out of the front where the flower could go, the name tag fits there too. It looks funky, but hey--that's what the Potato Heads are all about!

13 days and I can add to m 5000+ potato head collection!

(Were the golden mickey ears in stock while you were there? I've been unable to get them on my past two trips..... :( )

I did not see the golden Mickey Ears. That would have been cool. I got the fantasia Hat, Donald Duck Hat, baseball cap and fantasia's hat.

Thanks JPVon.....I guess we will put it there then...My son likes to stick the balloon in his head, so what is the difference right? (DS is 2) :lol:

Trentmom

kennygman77

TrentMom said:

Thanks
Trentmom

I don't ever buy the Potato. We got that a Wal-mart. We just stock up on all the new pieces that we find each year. I take a few minutes to pack the box VERY tightly with all kinds of hats and shoes and stuff my daughter wants.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
kennygman77 said:
I don't ever buy the Potato. We got that a Wal-mart. We just stock up on all the new pieces that we find each year. I take a few minutes to pack the box VERY tightly with all kinds of hats and shoes and stuff my daughter wants.
We have thought about doing the same exact thing. I wish they had a set that you could buy with one of each.

TrentMom

Original Poster
Does anyone know what those large yellow items that are 5.00 are for on Mr. Potato? They are in bins underneath all of the accessories..

Thanks
Trentmom

When I bought my Mr. Potato Head at AK a few years ago, I took two left arms by mistake. My family and I went to MGM later that day and asked if I could switch one of the left arms with a right arm, and the woman at the register wouldn't let us. We ended up contacting a supervisor and he helped us out. He even walked with us for a bit and got us right onto ToT and RnRC without waiting!
Just a small, potato related story.

SewIn2Disney

TrentMom said:
Does anyone know what those large yellow items that are 5.00 are for on Mr. Potato? They are in bins underneath all of the accessories..

Thanks
Trentmom
The large yellow things are Poncho's for your potato head. And when I was there in January they were on clearance for 1.99

Hypercatmatt, I did the same thing the first time I got my Potato Head a few years ago, and the same thing happened, where they wouldn't let me trade! A supervisor finally gave me permission. Now I always get a few arms every time (I have over 90 potato bodies, so all the arms can be put to good use at the same time)

You've got to be careful with the Mickey gloves too.....they have a left and a right as well.

MacDuffieMuppet

yea me and my mom get potato heads everytime we go. I work at a summer camp and she helps out in a little luch area where she sets mr potato head(s) on the table. The kids play with them...Me im 17 and i sit at the table with them. We got introuble by the cashier lady because we stuffed out box to much, but we were able to close it so the manager accepted it. I like how each year they have different accesoires.i also like getting the baby potato's. we make little potato families.

My girlfriend and I just love making weird tourist ones at that different parks and taking photos of them. Infact this last time I was at AK some guy walked up to me and asked me if he could take a photo of me and the potato head I had made to show his nephew, I guess he liked what I did :-D.

TrentMom

Original Poster
anyone want to trade?

SewIn2Disney said:
The large yellow things are Poncho's for your potato head. And when I was there in January they were on clearance for 1.99

Hypercatmatt, I did the same thing the first time I got my Potato Head a few years ago, and the same thing happened, where they wouldn't let me trade! A supervisor finally gave me permission. Now I always get a few arms every time (I have over 90 potato bodies, so all the arms can be put to good use at the same time)

You've got to be careful with the Mickey gloves too.....they have a left and a right as well.

I won't be back to Disney for 556 days and last night my husband realized that I had only gotten 3 left arms and no right ones. Do you or anyone else want to trade a left arm for a right arm? I will reimburse you for postage....

Thanks
Trentmom

SewIn2Disney

Where in NJ are you from? (That's where I live too.)
I'm going in 12 days....if you can hold out, I'll see if I can get you 3 right arms and mail them to you.

TrentMom

Original Poster
That would be great

SewIn2Disney said:
Where in NJ are you from? (That's where I live too.)
I'm going in 12 days....if you can hold out, I'll see if I can get you 3 right arms and mail them to you.

Thanks Sew2...that would be wonderful. I live in Deptford. Where do you live? Let me know what it costs and I will send you a check before you leave....pm me with your address and I will pm you back with mine...

The left arm won't stay in the right socket, so right now we have a one armed potato head....

Enjoy your Trip

Trentmom

donald23

i put mine on the arm too, and i accidently bought two arms of the same side as well. my potato head sits on my dresser to always remind me that i'm not the only disney freak...mr. potato head loves it too!!

SewIn2Disney

TrentMom said:
Thanks Sew2...that would be wonderful. I live in Deptford. Where do you live? Let me know what it costs and I will send you a check before you leave....pm me with your address and I will pm you back with mine...

The left arm won't stay in the right socket, so right now we have a one armed potato head....

Enjoy your Trip

Trentmom
Let's wait until I get back, to make sure everything works out okay, then I'll let you know, okay? :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom