Mr. Potato Head Question

SewIn2Disney

tiggerific418 said:
Can I ask a stupid question?

Where in the world do you put 90 Mr. Potato Heads? Not to mention all of his/her various parts when they are not in use.... Do you have a Potato room in your house or something? :lookaroun
Actually, I'm just out of college, so I'm still living at home, but in my room, I have two closets for some reason, so one has my clothes, the other houses the collection.
When I do move out, I intend to have a potato head room, and I've tried talking my parents into putting on an addition for it. But, they figure they'll never get rid of me that way.
But for now, the potato heads are very organized. I have all of the bodies in two boxes, one is in the attic, the other is in the bottom of the clothes closet. All of the boxes from the potato heads themselves are folded flat for easy storage. All of the parts have been seperated and are in plastic shoebox sized boxes that are labled. There is a seperate box for: eyes, ears, noses, mouths, right arms, left arms, accessories, disney accessories (actually there are two boxes for them), sunglasses/earrings/moustaches, and two very large clear boxes for the shoes and hats (they take up a lot of room). All of the boxes are stored on white shelves in my closet. I'll take a pic and post it for ya.

You can laugh at me now....

SewIn2Disney

pintraderpayee said:
We'll know where to look if the giant Mr. P from Once Upon A Toy goes missing:lol: Thanks for the virtual Mr. P site.
Oh my gosh, it's so weird you say that. You know the giant Mr. P Head outside of Once Upon A Toy? It WAS missing three weeks ago when I was there! I took a picture of the empty pedistal! It better be back in August, as I always get my picture taken with him.

And besides, If I was going to steal a Potato Head, I'd steal the one at Pop Century...duh!

TrentMom

Original Poster
LostNametag said:
Hey Trentmom...I just read all of the posts about Mr. Potato Head and I think maybe I might can help you out with the arm thing. I am a CM and I might be able to get just the arms. Not sure, but I will certainly try! No Potato needs 3 left arms! hehe... I'm off the next couple of days so I'll see what I can do!

Hi Lostnametag Thanks so much for trying to help me out. If you are able to get three right arms, let me know how much they cost. I will send you a money order for them and shipping....

Where do you work out of curiousity? I worked there for a year in Toontown.

Trentmom

LostNametag

Trentmom,
My signature says it all...hehe. =D

Oh, and do you mean right arms if you are *looking* at Mr. P, or if you *are* Mr. P? Sorry, I know that shouldnt confuse me...

TrentMom

Original Poster
LostNametag said:
Trentmom,
My signature says it all...hehe. =D

Oh, and do you mean right arms if you are *looking* at Mr. P, or if you *are* Mr. P? Sorry, I know that shouldnt confuse me...

LOL:lol: If you "are" Mr. Potato Head.

Thanks
Trentmom

pintraderpayee

SewIn2Disney said:
Oh my gosh, it's so weird you say that. You know the giant Mr. P Head outside of Once Upon A Toy? It WAS missing three weeks ago when I was there! I took a picture of the empty pedistal! It better be back in August, as I always get my picture taken with him.

And besides, If I was going to steal a Potato Head, I'd steal the one at Pop Century...duh!
I'm alerting Pop Century of your trip dates and to be on the lookout for college grad claiming to work in fabric store....check her "sewing" kit for mysterious potato parts!!

SewIn2Disney

I can see the news story now....

Female, age 22, last spotted driving north on I-95 in a Magenta Jeep Wrangler, towing a 7 foot Mr. Potato Head behind her. She has a sewing kit full of pins and needles, do not attempt to stop her. If anyone has more leads to the story, contact 1-407-W-Disney

LostNametag

Trentmom, good news! I stopped by the L.A. Prop store at MGM after work today and asked the CM there if I could buy Mr. P parts separately- Guess what- I can! I figured he would just look at me funny and say no, but he said it was the most interesting question he had gotten all day and was happy to help me out. Each part is $2.00 a piece- with my discount though it would come to $1.80+ tax. [what a discount, eh? lol] So if you still want the arms, pm me with your address and we'll set something up! =D

Oh yeah, for all the other Mr. Potato Head lovers that are far from Disney- I could start a delivery service- Need any new parts?

SewIn2Disney

YES YES YES!!!! I do!!!
If you could find me the Gold Mouse Ears, I would be eternally grateful!

Is this a new policy, selling the parts seperately? B/c I was just there a few weeks ago, and I wanted to buy the Donald Duck beak only, but since I've asked in the past, I didn't bother to ask again. I need the beak and the gold mouse ears, and I'm set.

buying Potato Head Parts

I was there in the spring, and I bought several pieces seperately. I bought them at DTD, at AK, and in Toontown. Everytime I asked to buy a seperate piece, they always rang it up as the same price...$2.00. And the reciept always printed out as "Potato Head individual piece". So it is in their enventory system to be able to buy them seperate. If any CM gave me a hard time, I just told them I did it in another park, and they usually said OK. :wave:

SewIn2Disney

potatoheadman said:
I found the golden ears in ToonTown:wave:
How long ago? I was there the first week in June, and not one store had them in. I was told they'd be getting a shipment in mid-July, but no word on if the gold mouse ears would be there.

SewIn2Disney said:
How long ago? I was there the first week in June, and not one store had them in. I was told they'd be getting a shipment in mid-July, but no word on if the gold mouse ears would be there.

I bought the gold ears in the Magic Kingdom during the first week of March '06. Maybe everyone realized that they were going to be rare and snatched them all up!

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
SewIn2Disney said:
I can see the news story now....

Female, age 22, last spotted driving north on I-95 in a Magenta Jeep Wrangler, towing a 7 foot Mr. Potato Head behind her. She has a sewing kit full of pins and needles, do not attempt to stop her. If anyone has more leads to the story, contact 1-407-W-Disney

I am pretty sure this is the funniest thing I have read all morning. I have a very entertaining visual of you (even tho I have no clue what u look like...) trying to hitch up the 7 foot Mr. P to your car (which thanks to your avatar I know what it looks like). Something tells me you would cause quite a traffic jam on I-95. I think Mr. P would probably take up two lanes. :lookaroun

SewIn2Disney

tiggerific418 said:
I am pretty sure this is the funniest thing I have read all morning. I have a very entertaining visual of you (even tho I have no clue what u look like...) trying to hitch up the 7 foot Mr. P to your car (which thanks to your avatar I know what it looks like). Something tells me you would cause quite a traffic jam on I-95. I think Mr. P would probably take up two lanes. :lookaroun
Do you think I'd have to pay a 'Tuber Toll' when I got back to Jersey? You know the tolls around here will take you for every cent you've got.

Tom

Beta Return
We looked ALL OVER, especially at the DTD Toy Store...and could NOT find his "Angry Eyes" :lol: That's my dad's favorite line from the whole movie, so my friends and I tried to find that accessory, to no avail.

SewIn2Disney

edwardtc said:
We looked ALL OVER, especially at the DTD Toy Store...and could NOT find his "Angry Eyes" :lol: That's my dad's favorite line from the whole movie, so my friends and I tried to find that accessory, to no avail.
Believe it or not, they haven't made "angy eyes" yet. But, trust me, I've written to the company (both Disney and Hasbro) about it.

You can, however, fashion a pair using an extra pair of regular eyes and a sharpie marker.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom