Movies to show 3 year old to prepare??

Hi! We're taking our soon to be 3 year old daughter to Disney in December. I want to get her familiar with some of the characters she's going to see. What do you think are the main movies I should let her watch? I was thinking Nemo- what other characters are heavily featured in the parks? She watches Playhouse Disney sometimes so she's familiar with Mickey, etc.

I hope this question makes sense, she knows most of the characters from seeing them in books or at the Disney store, but I wanted to introduce her to a couple movies. Which ones do you think we will encounter the most in the parks?

Thank you! :animwink:

minnie2000

Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Piglet and Eyeore, and have a character meal at the Crystal Palace!

Possible the princesses, but some of the films may be too long or scary for a nearly 3 year old.

At that age, my daughter loved Bear in the big blue house, but I don't think he is there anymore.

Nemo and friends.

Peter Pan, Mary Poppins, Dumbo?

Ariel?

Out of all of these, I would say Pooh and friends would be the most suitable. Both my daughters loved them at that age, and my DD who is 11, now really loves Eyeore again! The films about Pooh Bear are just right for that age.

Upvote 0

tink68

We are also taking our 3 year old son for his first trip in October. I have let him watch the planning DVD alot to see the characters because they are so much different in person than in the movies (of course) but try Monsters, Inc
Cars
Toy Story
Little Mermaid
Any princess movie, Mickey Mouse and friends, Pooh, etc.
There are so many to choose from.
Have lots of fun. :wave:
Sheri

Upvote 0

Eyorefan

We are also taking our 3 year old son for his first trip in October. I have let him watch the planning DVD alot to see the characters because they are so much different in person than in the movies (of course) but try Monsters, Inc
Cars
Toy Story
Little Mermaid
Any princess movie, Mickey Mouse and friends, Pooh, etc.
There are so many to choose from.
Have lots of fun. :wave:
Sheri

Great list. I would add...
Lilo and Stich
Cinderella (because it is her castle)
Fantasia (at least the Socer's Apperentace part)
Playhouse Disney shows

There are also a few Sing-A-Long DVDs out there for Disneyland (and I think WDW too). My DD loved watching at that kind of thing at that age, and its a good way for the kids to get to know what the characters look like in person and get them excited about seeing different rides.

Upvote 0

courty

well i have a little cousin who is obsessed with and has been since i can remember with the disney princesses...she is only 5 now and she was deffinitly watching all those movies when she was 3...Here is my list...being a big kid at heart!
-Beauty and the beast...and then make sure you go watch the beauty and the beast show at disney hollywood studios
-Deffinitly Finding Nemo
-Cinderella
-Lilo and stitch
-The little mermaid (There is a show at hollywood studios any little girl will love)
-The lion king (There is a couple shows, one at Hollywood Studios and one at Animal Kingdom)
-Winnie the Pooh characters are always popular (My favorite since i was super young)
-Aladdin
Those are some good movies to watch...also maybe introduce her to the other princesses like Snow White, Sleeping Beauty...
Its just so darn cute when the kids are so excited seeing the characters around the park and in the parades...make sure to get lots of pictures and autographs!
Have tons of fun!!!

Upvote 0

happymom52003

As others have suggested, Peter Pan is a great one...it is my three year old daughter's favorite movie in the entire world.

She is at the age where she will probably be starting to show an interest in the princesses....my daughter was 3 months away from being 3 years old on our last trip, and it was the first time she was really into the princesses.

A great way to let her get to know them is to buy a Disney Princess Sing Along DVD. There are three of them, but the first one is by far the best. It is called "Once Upon A Dream" and it features all of the princesses.

Some of the full length princess movies (Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, etc) are a bit too much too hold the attention of most two or three year olds, so the sing along dvd is a great way for them to get to know all of the princesses.

And I agree with another poster who mentioned the DisneyLand Fun sing along dvd...it is a great one that my kids want to watch all of the time.

Toy Story is another good one to watch, especially if you want to try out Woody's Cowboy Camp in the Magic Kingdom.

Have fun!:wave:

Upvote 0

DisneyWood

Hi! We're taking our soon to be 3 year old daughter to Disney in December. I want to get her familiar with some of the characters she's going to see. What do you think are the main movies I should let her watch? I was thinking Nemo- what other characters are heavily featured in the parks? She watches Playhouse Disney sometimes so she's familiar with Mickey, etc.

I hope this question makes sense, she knows most of the characters from seeing them in books or at the Disney store, but I wanted to introduce her to a couple movies. Which ones do you think we will encounter the most in the parks?

Thank you! :animwink:

You can always go to youtube & look at rides & other experiences. That may help her cope w/ characters in a live setting. However, you may want to view first, then let her watch it.

Upvote 0

Kriszee1

http://www.amazon.com/Sing-Along-Songs-Disneyland-Fun/dp/B0009X75W4/ref=pd_sbs_v_4

I used the sing along DVD's. The one on this link, is Disneyland and I found it great just becasue it gives them an idea of how big the characters are and how it lets them get the gist of the park. Also, the animal kingsom one is great. I bought four of them and my son still watches them all the time. We are leaving in a month and I will be going full force with the sing alongs and planning video, getting him hyped. It doesn't take much anymore.
Also, we play the music from the spectromagic, WDW rides, and illuminations CD's in the car all the time. His favorites are "spooky"...Haunted Mansion
"pooh"...Many adventures of Winnie the Pooh
"pirate"....Of course
and "shamu"
"nemo" for some reason he associates with Wishes...I have no idea why.

Upvote 0

gabroccoli

I would also 2nd anyone of the sing-alongs. The one we have is called "Sing Along Songs At Walt Disney World Beach Party". My daughter(age 4) has one with a bunch of characters. That goes through Typhoon Lagoon, Epcot, Fort wilderness, Poly, And a few other places. It helped us because we could point out different things to her also. We went last December when she was also 3.

Upvote 0

coltow

Any of the princess movies, pixar movies, pooh movies and of course Peter Pan, Lion King and Dumbo. I too am very much on favor of the sing alongs. My son is 4 now and he's been watching them for 2 years now. The Animal Kingdom one is his favorite followed by Disneyland and Princess. He didn't care for the beach or campground ones at all though.

Upvote 0

hokielutz

I would suggest some of Disney's Classic Cartoons, read-along story books, and The Many adventures of WTP.

This worked for me. I don't feel the Disney Channel baby/toddler programming would help.

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

I can't suggest anything that hasn't alredy been said (Toy Story would be a great one if not said, too) but what about Disneyland Fun? It is a singalong but features some of the rides she will see in the MK park and also lots of characters. My son loves that one!! He also loves Beach Party sing along, too. It features different parts along Bay Lake.

Have fun planning!!

Upvote 0
I too have all of the sing alongs (mine are even on VHS too) they were so wonderful in preparing my then 3 year old and even my baby for the trip. We even pull them out when our trip gets close each year and watch them even now that the kids are older...gets us all in the spirit. I also recommend getting the CD's that have movie themed music.

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
Animal Kingdom has attractions based on:
A Bug's Life
The Lion King
Finding Nemo
Pocahontas

Epcot has attractions based on:
Finding Nemo
The 3 Caballeros
Honey, I Shrunk the Kids
The Lion King

Hollywood Studios has attractions based on:
Beauty & The Beast
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
The Twilight Zone
The Little Mermaid
Toy Story
Star Wars
Indiana Jones
The Muppets
(Plus a whole bunch within the Great Movie Ride)

Magic Kingdom has attractions based on:
Swiss Family Robinson
Pirates of the Caribbean (movie based on attraction)
Song of the South
The Haunted Mansion (movie based on attraction)
Peter Pan
Alice in Wonderland
Cinderella
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Snow White
Aladdin
Beauty & the Beast
Fantasia
Dumbo
The Lion King
The Little Mermaid
Toy Story
Lilo & Stitch
Monsters Inc.
Sleeping Beauty

I think that covers most of it!

Upvote 0

maryszhi

i would do the classsics, singalong, and youtube some of the rides. i think that would help
if your able to , the 2004/2005 mplanning dvd had a section for little kids and toddlers, i think that could help to :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom