Movies shot at Disney MGM Studios

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Movies shot at the studios include:
“Marvin’s Room,” “Passenger 57,” “Oscar,” “Quick Change,” “Ernest Saves Christmas,” “Splash Too,” “Separate But Equal” (Emmy-winning TV mini-series) and “Instinct.”

aim

Wow, I didn't know that! Thanks for that info Steve! What about TV shows? Or are there too many to name?

foxfire

Re: also the Apollo Series

Originally posted by PixyDust
We visited once when they were filming the HBO Apollo series. Does that count as a movie?

I was there during that time as well.

Cuseorng1

i know this is a little late, but they might be doing a second season. They also shot Animal Jam on Discovery Kids at the studios

prberk

I liked "Marvin's Room." Ironically, I actually saw it in a special viewing one night at the theatre in the old Disney Institute. They showed it for free to guests that night, before anyone knew anything about it.

The coolest part was, of course, that they visited Walt Disney World in the movie. And it was especially surreal to be in the audience AT Walt Disney World when Leonardo DiCaprio stated onscreen that he didn't give a [crap] about Disney World! The audience kind of laughed in irony!

It was cool.

diamond

Also parts of Big Business were shot at MGM in front of the Animation with what is now Bear in the Big Blue House as the hotel.

Superchk2

Another TV Show...

I was in the audiance for TONS of the Mickey Mouse Club tapings in MGM Studios back in the 90's...it was awesome. After 5 hours or so of taping, they let all the audiance kids go into MGM for the rest of the day for FREE! =)

Erika

diamond said:
Also parts of Big Business were shot at MGM in front of the Animation with what is now Bear in the Big Blue House as the hotel.

Don't ask me why... but I used to watch that movie ALL the time. :lol: Our neighbor had it on tape.

I never knew parts of it were filmed there! Truthfully I thought it was older than the park. I must have been older than I thought when I liked that movie :eek:

Connor002

Cuseorng1 said:
i know this is a little late, but they might be doing a second season. They also shot Animal Jam on Discovery Kids at the studios

I remember when we heard about the working on the show while riding the backlot tram 5 years ago, then I saw my sister watching Animal Jam yesterday, and out of nowhere I rememered it. Strange that I would forget for 5 years and then suddenly remember like it was yesterday.

GoofyFreek

They filmed several episodes of Zena Warrior Princess and Hercules. When they use to have the tour through the sky way of the studios you could walk through the sets.

barnum42

PixyDust said:
We visited once when they were filming the HBO Apollo series. Does that count as a movie?
I think it was called "From the Earth to the Moon" and I remember seeing the mission control set - or at least the wooden shell that encased it :)

barnum42

diamond said:
I remember when what is Bear used to be a counter service restaurant (the only good one at The Studios) and they had bits of the hotel set there. But I only recal the info board saying they were parts of the set, not that they had actually filmed it there.

barnum42

GoofyFreek said:
They filmed several episodes of Zena Warrior Princess and Hercules. When they use to have the tour through the sky way of the studios you could walk through the sets.
Zena and Hercules were all shot in New Zeland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom