Movies shot at Disney MGM Studios

barnum42

Just remembered that on one trip they were recording a sit com that starred Dolly Parton. You could get tickets to the recordings from a booth near the park entrance.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
barnum42 said:
I think it was called "From the Earth to the Moon" and I remember seeing the mission control set - or at least the wooden shell that encased it :)

Yes, you are correct. I saw that also. Wasn't it amazing! :rolleyes:

Tour Guide: "And here you have the back wall and roof of a closed set.
Take small children by the hand and please folks no crowding.
Notice all the detail of the plywood.
Isn't it amazing!"

:lol:

tink rules

hulk hogan in Thunder in Paradise

They used the resort alot in that series. It had him and Chris Lemmon (Jack's son) and Carol Alt

FrumiousBoojum

GoofyFreek said:
They filmed several episodes of Zena Warrior Princess and Hercules. When they use to have the tour through the sky way of the studios you could walk through the sets.

Think you're thinking of another show... forget what it's called. It was based on a REALLY old comic book, but it was pretty much just a Xena rip-off in the end. I believe I remember that some of the episodes were taped in parts of Animal Kingdom in areas out of guest-view in the more jungle areas. The show didn't last long.

Superchk2 said:
I was in the audiance for TONS of the Mickey Mouse Club tapings in MGM Studios back in the 90's...it was awesome. After 5 hours or so of taping, they let all the audiance kids go into MGM for the rest of the day for FREE! =)

I remember one episode where they made this guy an honorary mousketeer for being in the audience of just about every episode... why didn't you attend more tapings?!?! ;)

Is *anything* being filmed at the studios now? Or have they given up on that completely? I know they at least use the studios for some small film courses... read an ad for this course in a magazine once. I REALLY wanted to get into that course! :)

barnum42

FrumiousBoojum said:
Is *anything* being filmed at the studios now? Or have they given up on that completely?
Last I read I was under the impression they had given up on it all as the studios were just too far away from where the film industry centres are based.

WhyteAL

They also filmed the Mortal Kombat television series at MGM as well. I remeber seeing the name up on the backlot tour. :p

bgraham34

barnum42 said:
Last I read I was under the impression they had given up on it all as the studios were just too far away from where the film industry centres are based.

Yeah its a shame they gave up on it. it would be cool for them again to have real movies being filmed in a so called "working studio"

TheBeatles

"Thunder in Paradise" starring Hulk Hogan was also filmed there. WCW wrestlng also used to film at MGM. Does anybody know where in MGM they filmed WCW? "Step by Step" filmed inside of ToT and New Kids on the Block filmed a special. The new kids special is actually pretty neat. It was made in 89 and featued the then new park of MGM and Typhoon Lagoon. I own that gem on vhs.

Wbnemo1

WCW was filmed on sounds stages 1 and 2. I ushered there a once, was also a castmember that gave the walking tour through the soundstages, when they used to have that tour..was fun to see production going on below....
Earth to moon... SS3, Bear in the big blue house ...SS1, most of Thunder in Paradise was done over in Epcot, also , don't forget "the lottery " starring Bette Middler MMC was SS1 ,got to meet a few of the originals when they came down for a meet with the nerwer Mouseketeers, met cuby , bobby, cindy, and a couple others..this was mid 90's..they aslo filmed Tarzan live action series there...took a lot of the Soundstages for that one...
William

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom