Mousekeeping

TrojanUSC

Aren't Disney using the "if guests do not ask, do basic clean up every 2 days"?
I remember that most of the hotels now add the typical DVC style clean up.. aka "call if you'd like clean up daily or schedule, etc.."

"Basic clean up" is a generous word for the service. They empty trash cans and set new towels down. For flagship, five star hotels prices, that is an insane offering.

IMDREW

In my excitement to get back after 3 years and wanting to celebrate the 50th I booked a stay for four days at the Gran Destino Tower at Coronado Springs. I just found out there will be no regular housekeeping.. stupid me. Going out for the day and coming back to a clean room with clean towels and made beds is what holiday is to us. This did come as a surprise, although I do see they mentioned it before booking.

But I will be paying a lot! I just stayed at the new Marvel hotel at DLP and they do have full housekeeping, making this all the more sour.

Is there any chance I can still expect full housekeeping in june? Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

Chomama

In my excitement to get back after 3 years and wanting to celebrate the 50th I booked a stay for four days at the Gran Destino Tower at Coronado Springs. I just found out there will be no regular housekeeping.. stupid me. Going out for the day and coming back to a clean room with clean towels and made beds is what holiday is to us. This did come as a surprise, although I do see they mentioned it before booking.

But I will be paying a lot! I just stayed at the new Marvel hotel at DLP and they do have full housekeeping, making this all the more sour.

Is there any chance I can still expect full housekeeping in june? Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.
Having been back seven times since Covid started I would definitely no expect it. I will honestly be surprised if full housekeeping returns. And I will be over at the JW until it does 😩

Chip Chipperson

I really hope they're able to hire more housekeepers soon. My family and I just had a split stay ahead of our cruise and 1 night at AKL when we returned before flying home. None of our rooms at any resort was ready before 4:00. I realize they say check-in begins at 4:00, but it used to be a rarity to not have a room ready sooner. On the plus side, all of the rooms were spotless and smelled clean when we finally got to enter them and 2 of our "standard view" rooms ended up having views of MK's fireworks, including AKL which was completely unexpected (also had a partial view of the Savannah despite the Standard View designation).

KellBelle

After no travel for 2 years I am at that dangerous point where my thinking goes: whatever it takes! Just do it!

Anyone know if the Swan and Dolphin do have full housekeeping?
We stayed at Swan first week of December last year and if I remember correctly, they were doing it something like every 3rd day unless you requested daily. We did not request daily, but it was offered as an option at check in. The days we did not have service, we had no issues getting towels and water.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Persons 1-42: "I experienced this during my stay"

Person 43: "Well, I didn't experience that, so it's not a thing"

🤦‍♂️

Not calling anyone in particular out, just the general way a lot of "Person 43's" operate, both here and on other platforms. It's beyond aggravating.

dreday3

Persons 1-42: "I experienced this during my stay"

Person 43: "Well, I didn't experience that, so it's not a thing"

🤦‍♂️

Not calling anyone in particular out, just the general way a lot of "Person 43's"
operate, both here and on other platforms. It's beyond aggravating.

Hmmm. Has anyone said daily housekeeping is actually happening? This is an entire thread stating it's still NOT happening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom