Mousekeeping Opt Out

disneyfirstLJ

Stayed at POP last week. We did online check in and wasn't given the option to opt out of mousekeeping. I am glad because when on vacation I prefer to have it. However, mousekeeping was not consistant. Some days we had it and other days they didn't come at all. I had to call to have someone come to clean the room, bring towels, etc the second day of our stay. I did not like that it was so inconsistant at POP. This is my 5th year going to Disney but first time at POP and I never had this issue at AoA.

NelleBelle

Stayed at POP last week. We did online check in and wasn't given the option to opt out of mousekeeping. I am glad because when on vacation I prefer to have it. However, mousekeeping was not consistant. Some days we had it and other days they didn't come at all. I had to call to have someone come to clean the room, bring towels, etc the second day of our stay. I did not like that it was so inconsistant at POP. This is my 5th year going to Disney but first time at POP and I never had this issue at AoA.
I, too, like having mouse/housekeeping when on vacation or away from home (goodness knows I don't get enough of it at home). But maybe this is why they've started this program...they don't have enough mousekeeping to consistently clean the rooms daily (but love that they can get a daily security check completed)? All I know is that I would be highly irritated if I had to call to have someone come and clean the room as it would mean my family would then have to vacate the room and find something else to do when we would likely be ready to just relax. Hopefully you didn't leave your room until they actually showed up or you could be playing in/out of the room for a while :cautious:

A&K_Martinez

We stayed at Pop Century the first week of February and opted out of the housekeeping. In exchange for our 7 night stay we got a $60 gift card emailed to us. We did have security check on us 3 times while we were in the room. They knocked on the door and asked if everything was OK and then moved on. We also had housekeeping knock on the door in the middle of our stay to ask if we needed anything, which was nice.

We thought it was a good deal because we keep our room fairly neat ourselves and don't like the idea of someone else cleaning up after us.

Also, they have replaced the Do Not Disturb signs with Room Occupied signs in case you're wondering.

What kind of gift card was it?

The Blue Fairy

It was a Disney gift card that could be used anywhere on property or at any Disney store. It was emailed to me and I just showed them it on my phone to use it.

We used ours towards our room charges at the end of our stay.

Molly's Mom

We just booked four nights at POR and this is the first I have heard of "housekeeping opt outs". After our last stay at the Beach Club I am tempted to take the opt out if offered. The housekeeping there was awful and we spent a lot of time calling for toilet paper, tissues, towels, and toiletries. Most days it seemed the housekeeper fluffed the pillows and took (some) of the garbage and called it a day.

We're fastidiously neat and can easily bring our own toiletries so may choose to save ourselves the aggravation ... not to mention the nuisance of having the housekeeper there when you come back to the room for a quick shower or nap and having to wait.

Starlight67

We just booked four nights at POR and this is the first I have heard of "housekeeping opt outs". After our last stay at the Beach Club I am tempted to take the opt out if offered. The housekeeping there was awful and we spent a lot of time calling for toilet paper, tissues, towels, and toiletries. Most days it seemed the housekeeper fluffed the pillows and took (some) of the garbage and called it a day.

We're fastidiously neat and can easily bring our own toiletries so may choose to save ourselves the aggravation ... not to mention the nuisance of having the housekeeper there when you come back to the room for a quick shower or nap and having to wait.

I hear you on not having the nuisance of the housekeeper coming in when you are napping, just don't forget you're going to have Security Sam coming in anyway! ;)

Have a great stay-love POR!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Because we opted out, we actually got a $30 meal voucher (and now I just realized we forgot to use it. :banghead: Dagnabbit!)
jRX0gP.gif

mololy

When I was staying at AoA at the end of April, Disney called me a few days before to ask if I wanted to opt out because I had already done online check-in. We decided to do it because we were only there for three nights and probably would have just kept the room occupied sign up the whole time.

Mark Cameron

I stayed at Coronado in February this year, opted out and got the gift card. We were still disturbed three of our five days there by the security checks. One of them my wife was in the shower so I asked them to please come back. He came back literally like 2 minutes later. Same thing, I asked him to come back and once again, like two minutes later, he was back. This time I just asked him to stand at the door until she got out. Kind of frustrating but I guess it is what it is!

JohnD

Anyone done this yet? IS it all or nothing? Staying at pop march 3rd to 10th and dont really need it every day, but can you cut it back to evry other day and still get the gift cards, or is it all or nothing?

I accidentally left the Room occupied sign on the doorknob. I found I opted out. My fault of course. But you could try that.

Animaniac93-98

Is the credit like a regular Disney gift card that's valid at Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Store etc or is it only valid until the end of your WDW stay?

Mark Cameron

Is the credit like a regular Disney gift card that's valid at Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Store etc or is it only valid until the end of your WDW stay?
Yes. It is an eGift card they send to your email. You can use it anywhere that takes Disney gift cards. They can scan it off of your phone or you can print it out. Or, you can transfer the balance to another Disney gift card you may have using Disneygiftcard.com

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom