Mouse Gear closing date?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I think we're all just kinda curious how much they think they can get away with not completing, especially since construction continues elsewhere. And back then there wasn't social media shaming and park aerials to hold them accountable. Not that I think that makes a difference ultimately, just saying. They will never stop being reminded of, say, the Star Wars hotel. I mean this is the same place that announced a theater on Main Street and then just let it disappear. So ... but they also didn't start construction on the building either.

And any truth that SSE desperately needs infrastructure upgrades to be compliant with current codes and standards? How can they put that off? I mean, look at Space Mountain but still ...
We all know theres a large coffee book of things announced, even started, and not completed. At the end of the day they could blame a worldwide pandemic, plunging attendance and unforeseen costs. I don’t think we will see things just left standing. But I also think we will see things not ending up as the “artists concept” looked.

I’m not aware of any problems with SSE code wise. Not to say there could be any of course. I also don’t know of any pressing safety issues with mechanics. The track is shot, yes. That fix sailed a long time ago. It needs replacing. But so far as I know it isn’t a safety concern.

SD449

I think we're all just kinda curious how much they think they can get away with not completing, especially since construction continues elsewhere. And back then there wasn't social media shaming and park aerials to hold them accountable. Not that I think that makes a difference ultimately, just saying. They will never stop being reminded of, say, the Star Wars hotel. I mean this is the same place that announced a theater on Main Street and then just let it disappear. So ... but they also didn't start construction on the building either.

Wasnt POP left unfinished for years, can’t see why the Star Wars hotel couldn’t be left too

maybe @marni1971 could remind us of the circumstances from the time

SoFloMagic

Yeah, it was pretty bad last month.
They fixed it, but it started fading again. By the end of February it was back to the old light levels, but somewhat sharper/less blury (to my eyes anyway). Week before the parks closed it looked to me to be super dim but very sharp picture quality.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I have no idea, but I found their "evidence" to be hilarious. They seemed to base it on a tarp hanging from a ceiling. 😂
Orlando, sometime in July:
Mark, a security manager: “ Hey Greg, a security patrol noticed a leak on the mouse gear site last night”
Greg, who works in maintenance: “OK we’ll put up a tarp and a bucket”
TSTMNBN: BREAKING: Mouse Gear work resumed

SoFloMagic

Orlando, sometime in July:
Mark, a security manager: “ Hey Greg, a security patrol noticed a leak on the mouse gear site last night”
Greg, who works in maintenance: “OK we’ll put up a tarp and a bucket”
TSTMNBN: BREAKING: Mouse Gear work resumed
It's the sequel to their prior story on the site, which they linked to in the article.
Picture: one guy on a ladder near a hole in a wall.
Them: BREAKING: OUTSIDE CONTRACTORS WORKING TO OPEN WALLS IN MOUSEGEAR TO ALLOW MORE NATURAL LIGHT INTO THE STORE FOR REIMAGINING

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom