Mouse Gear closing date?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
They were a month or so from having Innoventions West gutted and ready to get refurbished. Maybe they could rebuild the section back up and go with plan B
I said something similar elsewhere...

edit found it:

Rejuvenate and turn what’s left into the events pavilion. Build something south of it that looks like what was torn down and stick their much needed (apparently) bar in it. Make it two floors and stick the M&G downstairs. Voila. Same endgame, fraction of the price. And quick.

Could be the only good thing to come out of this sorry sorry mess. Edit - it’s wishful thinking on my part.

Magic Feather

I said something similar elsewhere...

edit found it:

Rejuvenate and turn what’s left into the events pavilion. Build something south of it that looks like what was torn down and stick their much needed (apparently) bar in it. Make it two floors and stick the M&G downstairs. Voila. Same endgame, fraction of the price. And quick.

Could be the only good thing to come out of this sorry sorry mess. Edit - it’s wishful thinking on my part.
Since we're talking wishful thinking...
Give NW to Merch and have them turn it into the park's big shop. Then, take the presently gutted MG, turn the roof into second story fireworks viewing/bar, have the inside lower floor take on Starbucks, Club Cool, and M&Gs. Then throw a really nice fountain/ a few of the outdoor exhibit things that they originally wanted to do in the SW plot.

Then again, there's also my thought to turn Earth Station into the central shop, but I feel like that one might get a little too much backlash.

Kman101

I dare say a lot of what was planned won’t happen as was planned. There’s a lot of reviewing going on.

They kinda have to finish what he listed though (even SSE, there were infrastructure needs more prevelant than scene refreshes), right? They're right in the middle of all @HauntedMansionFLA listed except technically SSE. lol.

They can't just leave an unfinished entry way and fountain and gutted buildings forever. Just keep the park closed to save operating costs and get busy working. But what do I know? I get that you're saying "as planned" but they still have to finish. How big budget was some of that?

Magic Feather

They kinda have to finish what he listed though (even SSE, there were infrastructure needs more prevelant than scene refreshes), right? They're right in the middle of all @HauntedMansionFLA listed except technically SSE. lol.

They can't just leave an unfinished entry way and fountain and gutted buildings forever. Just keep the park closed to save operating costs and get busy working. But what do I know? I get that you're saying "as planned" but they still have to finish. How big budget was some of that?
Basically, the park will not remain a construction zone forever. Work won't just stop. However, it will be looked at to see what the fastest, cheapest way to clear out construction walls is . For instance, with the new entrance considering how far along it is, the fastest, cheapest way is just to finish the plan. For SSE, it might be take take SSE down for very minor refreshes, if any at all. For the spine, it might be to not demo NW, throw in some landscaping, and put some basic stuff in the 3/4 of remaining CC.

Haymarket2008

Basically, the park will not remain a construction zone forever. Work won't just stop. However, it will be looked at to see what the fastest, cheapest way to clear out construction walls is . For instance, with the new entrance considering how far along it is, the fastest, cheapest way is just to finish the plan. For SSE, it might be take take SSE down for very minor refreshes, if any at all. For the spine, it might be to not demo NW, throw in some landscaping, and put some basic stuff in the 3/4 of remaining CC.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not challenging your prediction, but do you think that Disney would completely backtrack the “star announcement”/project of the last few years and expect no one to notice? If the spine project is completely half-as*ed, I can’t imagine that going over well. I don’t think they can skimp too much on this.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I knew it would take an act of God to save most of CC.

DreamfinderGuy

So when is MouseGear supposed to be reopening anyway? I would imagine it's pushed back, but then again since it's a retail area that would give them some incentive to move quick.

Kman101

So SSE infrastructure isn't an issue that has to be dealt with? Just wondering because it seemed like that needed addressing. But then again, Space Mountain ...

Thank you for the clarity though. I appreciate it. Basic meaning meet and greets, I'm guessing. LOL.

What about things like Play! ? How far was that? I don't expect Moana's Water Trail at all.

Kman101

Absolutely. They have the perfect reason for when people notice.

Ask DCA about Westcot. And they didn’t have a good reason except money.

I think we're all just kinda curious how much they think they can get away with not completing, especially since construction continues elsewhere. And back then there wasn't social media shaming and park aerials to hold them accountable. Not that I think that makes a difference ultimately, just saying. They will never stop being reminded of, say, the Star Wars hotel. I mean this is the same place that announced a theater on Main Street and then just let it disappear. So ... but they also didn't start construction on the building either.

And any truth that SSE desperately needs infrastructure upgrades to be compliant with current codes and standards? How can they put that off? I mean, look at Space Mountain but still ...

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I think we're all just kinda curious how much they think they can get away with not completing, especially since construction continues elsewhere. And back then there wasn't social media shaming and park aerials to hold them accountable. Not that I think that makes a difference ultimately, just saying. They will never stop being reminded of, say, the Star Wars hotel. I mean this is the same place that announced a theater on Main Street and then just let it disappear. So ... but they also didn't start construction on the building either.

And any truth that SSE desperately needs infrastructure upgrades to be compliant with current codes and standards? How can they put that off? I mean, look at Space Mountain but still ...

SSE: Several scenes and AAs are in need of some TLC, and the track "clunks" on the descent. For example: Opening projection is barely visible. The Egyptian making papyrus barely moves now. No steam for the big wheel again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom