"Mouse Arrest" & LPS Monitored Bracelets

englanddg

One Little Spark...
You probably want velocity data along with PoleID, GeoCoordinates - helps determine level of interest and you should collect all PoleID's which can hear the Mouse Arrest Band, at that point you have all the data you need and each sample is probably less than 64 bytes uncompressed.

Those of us who KNOW how this stuff works are scared spitless
Velocity could be calculated either through a job to another table or a process in the software itself. Velocity isn't really the right term you want...I suspect. It's proximity. Then, jitters in movement can be measured (the interest you alluded to).

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Velocity could be calculated either through a job to another table or a process in the software itself. Velocity isn't really the right term you want...I suspect. It's proximity. Then, jitters in movement can be measured (the interest you alluded to).

No velocity was what I was looking for ie how fast RSSI is changing between stations, The triangulation from multiple stations hearing the band will give you a bearing.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
No velocity was what I was looking for ie how fast RSSI is changing between stations, The triangulation from multiple stations hearing the band will give you a bearing.
We're likely saying the same thing differently.

Recording it is a calculation though, based on core data (position, datetime). Again, either something generated through a job later or through processing software. Not the raw data itself at exact time of collection.

This is something that could be calculated quite literally less than a second later...but a separate process from the raw data collection itself.

<shrug> At least that's how I'd do it.

lazyboy97o

I design systems which use these for a living, Small antennas are easy to hide when is the last time you saw a WiFi antenna at Disney, Yet they are there or did you think that the WiFi signal is placed there by magic???
Wi-Fi is not trying to hit a chip in a vehicle moving at 60 mph. So where are these tiny, near invisible antennas being deployed for SunPass?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Wi-Fi is not trying to hit a chip in a vehicle moving at 60 mph. So where are these tiny, near invisible antennas being deployed for SunPass?
Sunpass isn't trying to "hit a chip" either. Rather it's a "net". The sunpass (or in our case peachpass) units transmit a signal, which is picked up. It's not a passive system. Neither are magicbands. They use Bluetooth LE to transmit.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

Go to your local engineering college take 'Fields and Waves' and then ask the question again, A AMRAAM missile travels at nearly Mach 3 to hit and destroy a target moving at Mach 2 and it's antenna is just under 8" in diameter, Size does NOT matter in antenna design.

lazyboy97o

Sunpass isn't trying to "hit a chip" either. Rather it's a "net". The sunpass (or in our case peachpass) units transmit a signal, which is picked up. It's not a passive system. Neither are magicbands. They use Bluetooth LE to transmit.
In order for Disney to be effectively tracking everybody with the MyMagic+ system they would want to know when Key to the World cards are leaving property as well (the chip to which I was referring in that statement). But even then, if it is just tracking of the MagicBands, we'd have seen permits and construction for the installation of the readers and their associated infrastructure. There have been discussions regarding construction of sewage systems here and the relevant permits were posted. Seems somebody would have seen something being done or filed for at least one of the many roads that lead to and from the property.

Go to your local engineering college take 'Fields and Waves' and then ask the question again, A AMRAAM missile travels at nearly Mach 3 to hit and destroy a target moving at Mach 2 and it's antenna is just under 8" in diameter, Size does NOT matter in antenna design.
And what is the cost of these systems? And how are they being installed and deployed without any notice? Or is this part of your conspiracy theory that there are black budgets involved with MyMagic+?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
In order for Disney to be effectively tracking everybody with the MyMagic+ system they would want to know when Key to the World cards are leaving property as well (the chip to which I was referring in that statement). But even then, if it is just tracking of the MagicBands, we'd have seen permits and construction for the installation of the readers and their associated infrastructure. There have been discussions regarding construction of sewage systems here and the relevant permits were posted. Seems somebody would have seen something being done or filed for at least one of the many roads that lead to and from the property.
I think you are conflating a point. It started with me saying that it's something Disney could do.

I never said they did.

With respect to monitoring on parks (or even on property)...Disney first has already admitted publically that with the bands, they will track you (or at least can...what they do with it remains to be seen) and with respect to on property, well...you don't need permits to install everything...I'll just leave it at that.

flynnibus

Premium Member

You might want to checkout the sticker only tags in sun pass ;)

flynnibus

Premium Member

Sure size matters... It's essential! The shrinkage is possible because of the wavelengths being used.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
But I believe they also utilize the windshield to make them a bigger target than the little chip inside.
That would require a power source though...quite a strong one to make "glass" sensitive...

I've not read white papers on how it actually works though...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Sure size matters... It's essential! The shrinkage is possible because of the wavelengths being used.

For a more accessible example take a look at the antennas on modern cars, Same frequency but now the antenna is a plastic cube about 2.5" square. It just needs to be resonant, it does not need to be physically large. A fullwave antenna for the US AM band would be over 200 meters in length.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom