"Mouse Arrest" & LPS Monitored Bracelets

Disneyhead'71

Original Poster
So here is an odd thought. I wonder how many people will be "afraid" to venture off property because, with the new system, Mickey will know if you cheat on him. Will people be concerned about negative consequences (worse FP+ options and such) if they actually visit Potter?

Prince-1

So here is an odd thought. I wonder how many people will be "afraid" to venture off property because, with the new system, Mickey will know if you cheat on him. Will people be concerned about negative consequences (worse FP+ options and such) if they actually visit Potter?

Yes that is an odd thought and no not worried at all. The bracelets will not transmit that far nor will Disney be monitoring them to see if you go visit the competition.

Disneyhead'71

Original Poster
I know the bands won't track you off property, but they will know you are staying in their hotel, but not entering a park that day or buying anything ANYWHERE on property. So unless you fasted for the day and hung around the hotel, you probably cheated on Mickey.

luv

I haven't heard anyone express any concern over this nor do I see any cause for alarm. More and more people are staying in Uni hotels for the Uni part of their vacation, anyway.

Again, anyone who is concerned about being tracked can get an RFID-protected sleeve, wallet or bag for a small amount of money.

I Paid $20 and got mine here: http://www.idstronghold.com/ It works. :)

Last edited:

ThemeParkJunkee

I haven't heard anyone express any concern over this nor do I see any cause for alarm. More and more people are staying in Uni hotels for the Uni part of their vacation, anyway.

Again, anyone who is concerned about being tracked can get an RFID-protected sleeve, wallet or bag for a small amount of money.

Or put your magic band in an Altoids tin, or make an envelope out of foil and duct tape. No need to spend money.

luv

Or put your magic band in an Altoids tin, or make an envelope out of foil and duct tape. No need to spend money.
That's true. You could do it yourself. My first RFID wallet was like a box. When i dropped it, everything spilled out all over, which is a bit of a nuisance. The second time I dropped it, the latch broke. So, I ponied up the $20...it was actually $18 and change, but I rounded up.

I'm very happy with my little wallet and it works well. It is not as cute as many wallets, but I don't worry about people with scanners stealing my numbers. As Murphy's Law would have it, I haven't dropped the new one that can't break, lol.

You could absolutely make your own, though. :)

Oh, I know this isn't a rational thought, but we aren't really talking about a completely rational fan base now are we?
Sorry, I wont be packing my tin foil hat on my trip to Disney. :eek:
I don't think it's irrational to worry about RFID theft. It happens. I read about in the WSJ. But I always try to be prepared, prevent bad things, etc. Cautious. Not paranoid. :)

Worrying that Disney will know you went to Uni...nah. I wouldn't. :)

Last edited:

Disneyhead'71

Original Poster
I personally am not worried about it as I am local and I WANT TDO to know how often I visit Universal.

What I am getting at is, will this be a subtle form of coercion to not leave propery from an emotional basis.

Just like I want TDO to know I go to Universal. How many WON'T want Mickey to know.

pheneix

Yes, the system is designed to create a rap sheet on you, the guest, including when on your vacation you are not on Disney property. Ideally, NGE's "guest enhancements" will be proactive in identifying potential "bail outs" on a WDW day and is designed to "create an incentive" for said bailouts to remain on property.

Once you think about how that works for five minutes you are going to go to a very dark place. But being in and around WDW most of my adult life has helped me grow acclimated to that.

Captain Chaos

Irrational Disney fans won't cheat on Mickey while Mickey sure as hell ain't leaving you flowers or whispering sweet nothings in your ear after reaming you hard, without lube... Hell, Mickey doesn't even leave you cab fare money to get home...

Captain Chaos

Yes, the system is designed to create a rap sheet on you, the guest, including when on your vacation you are not on Disney property. Ideally, NGE's "guest enhancements" will be proactive in identifying potential "bail outs" on a WDW day and is designed to "create an incentive" for said bailouts to remain on property.

Once you think about how that works for five minutes you are going to go to a very dark place. But being in and around WDW most of my adult life has helped me grow acclimated to that.
So, what you are saying is, Disney will in fact be tracking you by name, knowing your exact location on property, even though many people made a stink on here that Disney would NOT be doing this..

pheneix

So, what you are saying is, Disney will in fact be tracking you by name, knowing your exact location on property, even though many people made a stink on here that Disney would NOT be doing this..

I think the obviousness of the technology and the size of the investment speaks for itself, doesn't it?

Even Mr. Rasulo disclosed at that infamous Beverly Hills conference that guest experiences would be "enhanced by how much information you choose to share with us."

Exactly how and what you choose to share and when that choice is made is rather ambiguous to me. I think its all implied when you buy your ticket now.

pheneix

I think he was being sarcastic.

No, I wasn't. When people actually start pre-reserving Fastpasses in advance for their trip and there is one random day on their trip when no Fastpasses are scheduled at all (the Universal day!), this pattern will be easy to identify and believe me it will be studied.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
No, I wasn't. When people actually start pre-reserving Fastpasses in advance for their trip and there is one random day on their trip when no Fastpasses are scheduled at all (the Universal day!), this pattern will be easy to identify and believe me it will be studied.
It could also be a "resort" day or a shopping day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom