Motion Sickness Question

This November will be my little cousins 1st trip to Disney world. They are boys ages 2 and 8. The 2 year old gets car sick if riding in the car for long periods of time. I was wondering if anyone has kids with this problem or knows of anyone with this problem. What can you give a 2 year old before bording a plane. We flying from Philly so its about a 2 hour plane ride to Orlando. Please help...Thanks all!

Nemo14

This November will be my little cousins 1st trip to Disney world. They are boys ages 2 and 8. The 2 year old gets car sick if riding in the car for long periods of time. I was wondering if anyone has kids with this problem or knows of anyone with this problem. What can you give a 2 year old before bording a plane. We flying from Philly so its about a 2 hour plane ride to Orlando. Please help...Thanks all!
I would check with his doctor before you give him anything.

Upvote 0

tiggerzgirl83

Original Poster
It doesnt happen all the time, but we were a bit concerned being that it will be his first time on a plane. Thanks though, we were going to call his doctor when the trip gets a little closer.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Definitely check with the child's doctor, however I know of one child who has this problem and he gets a liquid version of Dramamine and all is right with the world afterwards!!! Hope it works out great!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Kadee

My daughter never got motion sick on anything (thank God!), but I have always gotten quite queasy on the simplest of rides. Tea Cups do me in so needless to say I don't go on the Orange M:S! I still get sick if I ride in the back seat of a car for any longer than 20 minutes or so.

I would DEFINITELY take the child to the doctor and explain the situation. If there is nothing for motion sickness for a 2 year old, then maybe he can give him something that will make him sleep during the flight so it won't affect him. But DEFINITELY check with a doctor first.

GOOD LUCK!

Upvote 0

kbmum

My 7-year-old son has had motion sickness since he was 6 months old. The doctor told us to give him Dramamine, but the dose is adjusted by weight. Right now, he's 60 pounds and takes half of a chewable, orange-flavored Dramamine. It lasts him about 7 hours whether we're flying or driving. Works pretty well, too, considering one of his favorite rides is the teacups! :)

Upvote 0

luvGoofy

I would check with their doctor but my little one gets motion sickness and benadryl is what her doctor recommended and we haven't had any problems since.:)

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

First thing you do when you get on the plane, make sure you have air sick bags in the seat pockets in front of you, if not, ask for them, so you are prepared. Also, it might be good to have peppermints on hand, my great grandmother would hand them out whenever we got in the car because we all got car sick.

If you don't want to go the dramamine way, you should ask the doctor about some type of ginger product which they have proven definitely helps motionsickness. Ginger cookies might be a start if they'll eat them.

Upvote 0

mouselvrmom

I've also found that if the motion sickness is not too bad that chewing gum seems to work well. The chewing helps with their ears and somehow takes their mind off their queasiness.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom