most underrated ride?

dreday3

I’m personally indifferent to her, but I recognise her importance as a modern-day American icon. Her impact has been huge.

Absolutely she's had a big impact. I don't actively dislike her, I just don't have to be a fan. :)

I'd also like to throw Dolly Parton's hat in the ring. She makes beautiful music and she seems to be a truly beautiful human.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If we’re talking behaviour or personal likability, there are other figures whose inclusion is far more questionable. Elvis, whose music I adore, was physically violent towards Priscilla when they were married.
Oh I got that. No argument.

I just think the difference is that Elvis - warts and all - is still an icon.

Don’t know if anyone will know Bey in 10 years?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Absolutely she's had a big impact. I don't actively dislike her, I just don't have to be a fan. :)

I'd also like to throw Dolly Parton's hat in the ring. She makes beautiful music and she seems to be a truly beautiful human.
I was gonna say her…

John mellencamp…Springsteen…

Hell…Willie Nelson has spent more time trying to help real people than about anyone.

It’s an “effort” issue for me…not a political thing.

But I’m a dreamer (today at least)

LittleBuford

Beyoncé has been a big deal since the ’90s, so yes, she’s proven her longevity beyond the decade mark. She’s a global superstar and among the best-selling recording artists of our era. And I say that as someone who’s never bought any of her music.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Beyoncé has been a big deal since the ’90s, so yes, she’s proven her longevity beyond the decade mark. She’s a global superstar and among the best-selling recording artists of our era. And I say that as someone who’s never bought any of her music.
So then…you disagree with my opinion?

Ok…great…”spice of life”

LittleBuford

So then…you disagree with my opinion?

Ok…great…”spice of life”
Your opinion that she may be forgotten in 10 years’ time is demonstrably wrong given that she’s already been extremely famous for more than 20. I’m happy to disagree on the rest, but the idea that she’s just a flash in the pan is untenable.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Your opinion that she may be forgotten in 10 years’ time is demonstrably wrong given that she’s already been extremely famous for more than 20. I’m happy to disagree on the rest, but the idea that she’s just a flash in the pan is untenable.
Dude…I never called her a flash in the pan. Just saying the Elvis thing is not an apples to apples.

It’s 5 o’clock somewhere. Find someone else to play today. Have a good weekend.

Sir_Cliff

May I ask why?
Why Beyoncé doesn't stand out as a particularly questionable inclusion or why I think the montage is generally entertainer heavy?

In the first respect, if you're going to go the route of including a lot of people from entertainment and sports, I would think her impact on the culture is at least as significant as most if not all of the other entertainers included. She also does have some extra significance for her interventions in debates about political and social issues through her artform.

In the second, I always felt the show itself presented this long struggle by a lot of actors to make the United States work as a society confronting issues such as equality, democracy, economic prosperity, etc. I then find the film at the end with all the images of celebrities like Marilyn Monroe, Elvis, Lucy, Michael Jackson, Madonna, Oprah, etc., along with a lot of sporting figures I generally don't know leaves you thinking that a very large percentage of remarkable Americans through history are celebrities first and foremost. Not a huge issue by any stretch and at least some of them should definitely be included, but I always left with that thought about the elevation of celebrities.

LittleBuford

Why Beyoncé doesn't stand out as a particularly questionable inclusion or why I think the montage is generally entertainer heavy?

In the first respect, if you're going to go the route of including a lot of people from entertainment and sports, I would think her impact on the culture is at least as significant as most if not all of the other entertainers included. She also does have some extra significance for her interventions in debates about political and social issues through her artform.

In the second, I always felt the show itself presented this long struggle by a lot of actors to make the United States work as a society confronting issues such as equality, democracy, economic prosperity, etc. I then find the film at the end with all the images of celebrities like Marilyn Monroe, Elvis, Lucy, Michael Jackson, Madonna, Oprah, etc., along with a lot of sporting figures I generally don't know leaves you thinking that a very large percentage of remarkable Americans through history are celebrities first and foremost. Not a huge issue by any stretch and at least some of them should definitely be included, but I always left with that thought about the elevation of celebrities.
Sorry, I totally misread your previous post and thought you were saying that Beyoncé’s inclusion does stand out to you as questionable.

Thank you for clarifying when you didn’t even have to. I agree with what you’ve written.

LittleMerman

I would say Little Mermaid. I think a lot of people like it but I see a lot of hate on here for it. It's not the "best" ride by any means but I think it's really adorable and cute. It's fun which is really all I need. The queue is cute too! I'm a little biased bc it's my favorite movie but it's my third favorite ride in MK after HM and Pirates. I love it! And the fact that it almost never has a long line works out in my favor.

Small World

disagree since the topic is "underrated"

Small World is arguably top 3 most famous rides in the world . The overall ratings must be significant enough to justify its repeat build 4 times over because it's found in 5 parks. It enjoys a colossal nostalgic following and draws first timers in.

"Overrated" seems far more appropriate since it's so well known and is the target of thousands upon thousands can't miss list but yet isn't all that great except grating on the nerves

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

TwilightZone

Formerly existing:

The tortilla tour in DCA, they would really give you a fresh tortilla at the end and it was delicious! I think its the garidelli tour these days. Would rather get Garidelli, but man I do love tortillas. I also think early 00s DCA has a kitchy charm to it as a whole, but maybe that's my own personal nostalgia since I visited it numerous times as a kid. I definitely understand it was not typical Disney quality, but I still love it lol.

Delta Dreamfight and Timekeeper. Saw the martins vids...uh vids when I was first getting into the history of Disney during my youth and I totally fell in love!

Disneyquest should have never closed. It was a perfect spot for a reworking, I seriously will never get it.

Innoventions gets a lot of flak these days, but I think it had a genius concept in its early days. It originally seemed to have some really cool showcases too. I think it could have had less flak if it was reworked properly in the early 00s instead of the weird mish mash of elementary school field-trip showcases it ended up becoming. I believe Martin's vid on it was the first time I realized Disney could do wrong.

Still runnin:

The train at Disneyland! Best way to travel across the park by far. Plus you get to see dinosaurs, who doesn't love that?

The monster's inc ride at DCA is genuinely cute and fun, my family really enjoyed it. One of the better modern "book report" rides IMO.

Tomorrowland as a whole, both parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom