Most Underrated Ride at the MK

philsfan2185

Original Poster
Most Underrated Attraction at the MK

I would have to say the Peoplemover a.k.a Tomorrowland Transit Authority. There is never anylines for this attraction. It's great on a hot day to cool off for a bit. Also this is one of the easiest attractions in the MK to stay on after your ride ends. Let me hear your thoughts on what you think is underrated at the MK.

Fortuosity

I completely agree with you on TTA. It's one of my favorites even though it doesn't get that much attention. I especially like how you can get a "sneek peek" of Tomorrowland's other rides and you don't have to stand in any lines.

I think CoP is another underated ride/attraction. It's music, story, imagination and message make it an absolute classic! It doesn't get the love it deserves.

As a land in general, I think Adventureland is underated. It doesn't have the big ticket attraction, but IMO it's a wonderful place to hang out for a morning.

LilDucky

Fortuosity said:
I completely agree with you on TTA. It's one of my favorites even though it doesn't get that much attention. I especially like how you can get a "sneek peek" of Tomorrowland's other rides and you don't have to stand in any lines.

I think CoP is another underated ride/attraction. It's music, story, imagination and message make it an absolute classic! It doesn't get the love it deserves.

Cant agree anymore with you! Some of you wont agree with me, but I think IASW is somewhat underappreciated/underrated, although that is likely to change with the new rehab and all. IASW was in the '64 World Fair, an attraction that Walt himself liked and brought to Disneyland. I appreciate it because of its interesting history, and because it obviously garnered Walt's seal of approval.

Whenever I go, the line was always empty, or had a ten minute wait, TOPS, and I usually go for Christmas/New Years. Im sure thats not the case now however.

Pongo

Although it's technically not a ride:

I think that Tom Sawyer Island is pretty underrated. The first time I remember even realizing it existed was when i was about 11 or 12. Now I make it a point to spend at least a half an hour on the island every visit. There's always something new to discover.

Not to mention that Aunt Polly's is one heck of an ice cream station, and the little dock seating area provdes for a great place to sit and watch the flow of the crowd across the Rivers of America into Frontierland/Liberty Square. I could sit there all day.

And I do agree with the TTA statements.

cherrynegra

Oh, I have an absolute love for the TTA. It's definitely one of those rides that is not only underrated, but almost kind of a hidden treasure. Which is surprising considering it's in the midst of Tomorrowland.

Robfasto

Any attraction that is Seasonal or does not open and close with the park. Seasonal attractions is the one thing the bothers me when travel off-season as we almost always do because there is so much we can't do.

Brooke

I would probably say TTA as well...I know it's basically just a ride that is about the other rides in Tomorrowland but I still like it. It's one of those nice things that you can do even when the rest of the park is super busy.

MissM

I love TTA. Though, on NYE, let me tell you there was a line all the way down the side, past the elevator to the Astro Orbitor! I'd never seen that long of a line before. I've seen a small line, but that was crazy! ;)

It's refreshing. Sit down, look around, relax - I love it.
-m

barnum42

Timekeeper. I've not seen it in years as it's always closed when I am there.

Not a ride but Tomorrowland Brass are brilliant - they should have their performance times in timetable you pick up with the park maps. Same for the Dapper Dans. (But you can get the times from Guest Relations).

Also, the majority of people who pass by the Dapper Dans miss out on a good show. If you stick around and watch them, they work a lot of comedy into their routines. Also seek them out on different days and you will see different performers, all with their own style.

Laura

Premium Member
Definitely TTA - I love riding it over and over and over again. Perfect thing to do with the kids while hubby rides Space Mt. and vice versa!

Lauriebar

Another reason TTA is so under rated is because most parents don't realize that it is a wonderful alternative to riding Space Mountain for young children. Since the ride goes through SM it gives you the feeling of the attraction without having to actually be on the coaster!

wowmo

I for one think MICKEY'S PHILHARMAGIC is the most underrated Disney ride. I saw it probably 5+ time, I liked it so much. I can't believe there hasn't been more incredible feedback for it - even though people seem to like it, not all LOVE it.

I found it better then the signficantly more expensive MISSION TO MARS.

LilDucky

wowmo said:
I for one think MICKEY'S PHILHARMAGIC is the most underrated Disney ride. I saw it probably 5+ time, I liked it so much. I can't believe there hasn't been more incredible feedback for it - even though people seem to like it, not all LOVE it.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Philharmagic, but I dont think its underrated at all! People are are always raving about it (which is awesome!) and the only times the line isnt full is at night, but you usually have to wait at least a show's length to get in. We usually see 3+ times too. Good to see more "Philarmagicians"

MagicalMonorail

TTA for sure. I don't see how it doesn't have a 2 hour wait all the time. Must be the ride system. It's so relaxing and has a great view of the castle. Plus, how could you not like looking at the original Epcot concept art?

Of course, the CoP is totally underrated. It's probably the most looked over ride in all of WDW. Disney really needs to get some advertising for that thing. If more people knew about it, it would become one of the most crowded and well liked rides in the Magic Kingdom. Oh well, that means shorter lines for me.

wowmo

LilDucky said:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Philharmagic, but I dont think its underrated at all! People are are always raving about it (which is awesome!) and the only times the line isnt full is at night, but you usually have to wait at least a show's length to get in. We usually see 3+ times too. Good to see more "Philarmagicians"

If you search some reviews around the web - some people claim that it's not a great 3D show - that it doesn't compare to shrek, etc. I personally can't see that!

LilDucky

wowmo said:
If you search some reviews around the web - some people claim that it's not a great 3D show - that it doesn't compare to shrek, etc. I personally can't see that!

Definetely...not everyone is going to like the show, but most people have to agree its pretty good...maybe they wont say its awesome, but its not all that either. ;) Shrek 4D AND Philharmagic are great shows for different reasons.

tirian

I think it's a tie between the TTA (which I love) and Tom Sawyer's Island (a great way to escape the crowds). But I can't visit the MK without several trips on the TTA.

I know this is going on a tangent, but I think Fastpass made Peter Pan's Flight the most overrated attraction at MK. Now don't get me wrong: PPF is actually my favorite attraction at the MK; I love it. But the line moved swiftly before Fastpass, and now it crawls. As an omnimover, PPF definitely didn't need Fastpass.

P.S. Count me among the Mickey's Philharmagicians!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom