Most ROMANTIC resturant in the World?

Christina

My older brother is planning to PROPSE :) to his long-term girlfriend on our trip in Febuary. He's thinking of taking her out to a romantic resturant and then to the Yatch club were he'd propose to her there.

He asked me what I thought the most romantic resturant is. I told him I had no clue. I really don't go to resturants that are romantic, seeing as they make sadder that I am still single. Grr...

So I thought I'd ask you!

What do YOU figure the most romantic resturant is?

Legacy

California Grill, at night during Wishes.

You can't beat it.

Second best, California Grill at night.

Third best, Cinderella's Royal Table.

Upvote 0

ChefTigger

The Bistro de Paris is the most romantic restaurant in WDW, it's on the 2nd floor of Chef de France. And it's also the best spot to watch Illuminations while having dinner with someone you love. :kiss:

Upvote 0

SpectroMan

Narcoossee's, definitely!

Just think, they could eat there, stroll around the beautifully manicured grounds, and watch Wishes from the warf around Narcoosse's.

There is just something about the Grand Floridian that makes it so romantic. The lobby, gardens and grounds, and architecture is just so beautiful. There is a reason why most people get there wedding photos taken there. Also at this hotel, there is an amazing Jazz band that also adds to its romantic atmosphere.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Well, as you can tell already, there are a number of romantic restaurants. Let me add some of mine...
If money is no object, Victoria and Alberts is an evening to remember, plus it will take up to 3 hours of just 2 time.
Next I would say Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge.

I do not like California Grill, especially for this kind of thing. It is rather noisy and not at all intimate.

I also think Bistro de France is very special, with Chef's de France very nice as well and a bit cheaper. Dinner followed by a stroll through Paris...<3

Narcoossee's and Citrico's are both more romantic than Cali Grill.

Flying fish near Boardwalk is nice...but a little less intimate.

Take a look at the following for some sample menu's and approximate prices:

http://www.allearsnet.com/din/dining.htm

Upvote 0

cherrynegra

Well, of the restaurants I've eaten at, I'll make a pitch for California Grill. Dinner and then a stroll on the outside promenade during Wishes. A proposal during the fireworks show overlooking MK would really be special.

I'll also pitch for Bistro de Paris. This is the restaurant on the second floor. It's a very intimate dining experience, and it doesn't have the hectic atmosphere of Chefs de France.

Upvote 0

Christina

Original Poster
Guyyyyssss

Isn't Chef's De France romantic??

Whats the difference between it and Bistro... besides Bistros on the second floor.

I am confuzzled.

YES I UNDERSTAND THAT THEY ARE TWO DIFFERENT RESTURANTS

DO NOT FLAME ME

But do you really think that... errr Bistro is more romantic than Chefs De France? Cos that was my bro's first choice....

Thanks for all your input so far, keep it comin.;)

Upvote 0

cherrynegra

Well I think it all depends on what you're going for. If you want the atmosphere of eating in a "typical" Parisian bistro, then I would say go with Chefs de France.

However, if you want a nice semi-formal French restaurant with great food and attentive staff, but in a quieter setting, then I suggest Bistro de Paris on the second floor. My BF and I had the six course tasting meal and it was awesome. And we just took our time eating and enjoying the meal and each other's company and watching people walk by outside. I thought it was romantic. And it seemed as if the majority of the tables for two were towards the front by the windows overlooking the front area of the French pavillion. I definitley noticed that. It just seems to be geared for couples.

Upvote 0

crazycalf

Victoria and Albert's. There are only a limited amount of people there each night. Also, all meals start at the same time so all of the tables around you are not being cleaned and reset up through out the meal. and new people aren't coming in all of the time. It may be a little expensive, i think $95 a person + wine, but it's worth it. Also, they will have their personilized menus to keep forever to remember their trip. I went on my honneymoon and we are going back for our first anniversary.

Also, I would stay away from the California Grill. It's nice that you can watch the fireworks from your table, but that's about it. The atmosphere is horrible, it is so loud by the time I left I had a headache. And I thought the food is just ok, my wife liked it, but V & A's is so much better than California grill.

Also, with the fireworks, when we were done at V&A's we took the monorail to MK to get a bus back to our hotel, we saw wishes from the front of the monorail. That was so much better than wishes at the California Grill.

Upvote 0

Ringo8n24

San Angel Inn at Mexico, especially if you get to sit to the back of the restaurant by the water. Along with having El Rio del Tiempo being right beside you, you feel like you are outdoors at night in Mexico with the candlelights and the soft music. My husband and I love it!

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Christina said:
Isn't Chef's De France romantic??

Whats the difference between it and Bistro... besides Bistros on the second floor.

I am confuzzled.

YES I UNDERSTAND THAT THEY ARE TWO DIFFERENT RESTURANTS

DO NOT FLAME ME

But do you really think that... errr Bistro is more romantic than Chefs De France? Cos that was my bro's first choice....

Thanks for all your input so far, keep it comin.;)

Why would we flame you for that good question? :confused:

Bistro is much more romantic. As many people don't realize it as a separate restaurant, casual visitors pass it by. Also being out of direct traffic, is is much more quiet and accentuates that with the atmosphere. Cost is a bit higher and service a bit more elegant, menu also more adventuresome.

With that said, I have always enjoyed Chefs, it's very pretty, staff is nice, menu is very nice.

I don't think you'll go wrong with either one.

Upvote 0

Christina

Original Poster
Thanks

Thanks guys for the helpful advice. We've decided with the Bistro... cause lots of you recommended it.

I appreciate those of you who replied!

Upvote 0

speck76

I would have to say Cosmic Ray's, with REstaurantasuaus coming in a close second.

kidding of course.

Artist's Point, followed by Jiko!

Upvote 0

Christina

Original Poster
maxime29 said:
Victoria & Albert's has had a 100% success rate of marriage proposals (according to the head chef).

:lol: I would think so after you fork up 95$ for a meal there! The lady (or man) would be guilted into saying yes!:lol:

Upvote 0

wild01ride

First of all, Bistro de Paris was where I had a PS for "the big moment" myself. Let's just say that things sorta fell through and we never even got to WDW- that's a story for another day.
But, I would highly recommend Bistro de Paris for it's intimate setting. Although it seems a little less "substantial" (I don't know if that's a great way of putting it...a little less "fancy" maybe), but I am a HUGE advovcate of San Angell Inn in Mexico. What better romantic spot than riverside overlooking a Mayan temple and volcanoes while immersed beside a quaint Mexican village?!

Now, if I may interject something that no one has mentioned here: I would STRONGLY suggest a dinner at Epcot for one main reason: If your brother plans on proposing afterwards at the Yacht Club, it is a walk away from World Showcase. That way, they can enjoy a fabulous dinner and have a wonderful stroll through the International Gateway and to the Yacht Club. This saves them from having to take any mode of transportation, which, in my opinion, would sorta kill the idea of keeping the mood going by strolling from dinner to "the big spot!" From Epcot, the two of them could take their time and enjoy the walk at whatever pace was most appropriate for them.

Best of luck to them and to your family. Hopefully one day my plan will come through!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom