Most outrageous price?

Pongo

listentotheland said:
i'd have to say without a doubt the most outrageous price is the new food court in the land, seasons. while there in june, for a sandwich, that wasnt even on real bread and it was something like 12 bucks. not only was the sandwich like chewing on a leather boot, it had no taste either. the old food court was so much better, though it might not have been as eye pleasing as the open air market feel they have now, the food and selection was deffinitly better.

However, the macaroni and cheese is only $2.00 and DELICIOUS. And there's a lot of it. And it's REALLY cheesy.

And if you go on your birthday thay may (or may not) give you a free BIG cookie.

I think the general merch in stores like the Emporium is pretty much the only things overpriced. I'll stick with others - if you don't want to pay for the $2.00 water bottle or the $5.00 hamburger, bring your own water and hamburger.

And I'm a big purponent for the "Everything Under $10" in the Marketplace.

CRO-Magnum

Hit that one on the nose

beagle 1 said:
A very close second would be L'Orginale Alfredo di Roma..$20.00 dollars for a sampler. The lasagna was very small, only 3 gnocchi's and a very small portion of fettuccini alfredo...plus it came with no salad (this is why I will never go back to this restuarant).

My wife and I agree. We went to Alfredo's once on our honeymoon and would rather starve than go back. Having travelled throughout Italy and been to the original Alfredo's in Rome I can say without hesitation the similarity ends at the outside architecture. Everywhere in Italy we were stuffed for pennies on the dollar (1990). Even a nice five course meal in Rome cost only $20 per person and we ate like royalty. At Alfredo's in Rome I was served twice as much for a similar price and it tasted ten times better. Even the $6 bottles of wine beat the $60+ bottle of wine we had in 1990.

Above average? Germany (if you like protein), Morocco, Canada
Average? France, UK
Below average? Japan(eat at the sushi bar instead or go to Benihanna's)
Don't bother: America, China (eat outside for same quality at a lower cost), Mexico (same as China), Italy (Alfredo's)
Unrated: Norway - not a fish eater but I've heard it's different now.

shmmrname

$2.50 for a Pop is overpriced, but so is $1.00. If you aren't willing to spend it, either find a way around the problem, or do without. I feel that much in WDW costs less than most people think. There are the obvious pitfalls, but, if you use common sense, you shouldn't go broke by simply making yourself comfortable.

Pop/Water for anything more than $4.00-$4.50/24 Pack is crazy anyway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom