Most outrageous price?

dmbouton75

At Six Flags Great America in Gurnee, IL, we paid $4 for a bottle of water that is $2.50 at WDW. Even my husband, who is no fan of WDW, had to admit how Six Flags paled in comparison to WDW in every way. Our money is better spent at WDW--at least that's what I keep telling the poor man...

TTFN,
Dawn

ZapperZ

... and let's not forget how much we have to pay at airports.

Of course the prices are higher when you compare to what you would pay normally, but they are not any higher than what you pay at sporting events, concerts, airports, other theme parks, etc. These are the only fair comparisons to WDW.

I usually stay close to downtown disney, at at the end of the Hotel Plaza Blvd. is a small strip mall that has Goodings, a supermarket. I buy water and other snacks there instead of the vending machines at the hotel. I usually stock up enough for our stay.

And regarding the food portions, if you want a generous portion while eating at the World Showcase, try Marrekesh at the Morocco pavillion. The Royal Feast WILL fill you up.

Zz.

King David

Hi...1st time posting, but I've been lurking around here for years and really enjoy the site...as for the water price, go to Fenway Park and pay $4.75 for water, and you'll find the $2 or so per bottle at Disney a bargain!!

(I'll be there in 10 days...Disney, that is!)

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
King David said:
Hi...1st time posting, but I've been lurking around here for years and really enjoy the site...as for the water price, go to Fenway Park and pay $4.75 for water, and you'll find the $2 or so per bottle at Disney a bargain!!

(I'll be there in 10 days...Disney, that is!)
Welcome King David :wave:

It's similar to the price of gas. After paying over $3.00 a gallon, 2.69 doesn't seem too bad anymore.

Uh-oh, looks like it going back up again!! :brick:

25and7

Account Suspended
mousermerf said:
It's 2.50 for cokes from the machines in the halls at AKL.

I don't think it's outrageous - just the price of convience.

Yep, It's called ECONOMICS!

I know $2.50 is pretty ridiculous but economically it makes perfect sense to me.

Tom

Beta Return
unkadug said:
Welcome King David :wave:

It's similar to the price of gas. After paying over $3.00 a gallon, 2.69 doesn't seem too bad anymore.

Uh-oh, looks like it going back up again!! :brick:

Well, and when you pay $2.50 for 20oz of coke or water, $3.00 for a gallon of gas doesn't seem bad at all, really! I'm sure everyone has seen that email that compares the price of lots of liquids to gas - and shows that gas really is nearly the cheapest liquid we buy!

As for high prices - I really have come to accept the prices at WDW. They really aren't out of line, if you compare them to other parks, movies, etc. Food prices are pretty reasonable, in my opinion. The only thing that seems high are tours and other recreation, like the Water Mice and Canopy Boats.

crazydaveh

Yes, some items anywhere are overpriced. What I think is overpriced, you may not think the same, and vice versa.

I think the $2 for water at Disney isn't that bad. You can always take your own with you and refill it.

The only thing I can really complain about is the price of a beer at WDW. Yes, beer is a luxury, but what a sweet luxury it is! I have paid $12 for a 6 pack at the world. You can easily spend $10 on a mixed drink at PI and the bars at the resorts! Many who are spending this money are on vacation and have saved to enjoy the drinks or will be paying them off for months to come!

I just bring my own beer/liquor with me... Cheaper this way and it makes the trip all the more magical!

King David

I think not living in Florida makes it easier to swallow, too...being that I go to Disney once every couple of years, If I drink 50 bottles of water during my stay, I thus spend $50 more than what I would from a vending machine around here @ $1 per bottle, it's really not a lot of $$$ relative to the cost of the whole trip....but if I were a local and went every weekend, it would surely get old...hell, I live 20 minutes from Six Flags New England, and never go because I just don't like it (for many reasons)...in fact, my wife and I have NEVER taken our boys there (they are 2.5yrs and 4yrs old), but we'll be down in Disney very soon, as I said earlier....

AEfx

Well, sometimes on Disney property I'd gladly pay $3 for a can...of PEPSI, but that's a whole 'nother thread. ;)

As far as items at WDW go, I actually find the majority of it fairly priced. I don't think the food is terribly expensive (any more so than it is everywhere) and there are lots of souvineers in the lower price ranges. The only things I find obscenely expensive at WDW are the photographs (on-ride and photopass), clothing in general, and the "home" products. $60 for a sweatshirt and $80 for a waffle iron...just not in my budget.

AEfx

Here one I find interesting, I was in the World Showcase two weekends ago, and stopped at the cart in America, and paid 2.50 for a bottle of Coke, and of course asked the CM there that I thought soda was 2.00 and she said nope. Then as curiosity struck me went next door to and asked how much Coke was in Italy, and there it was only 2.00 at a cart.......Talking about America really making a profit here....Sheeesh.

barnum42

If it's too expensive I don't buy it. So that's applicable to much of the generic stuff in the gift shops :lol:

Compared to buying things off site goods and food are expensive. Compared to what we are used to being ripped off for things in the UK, it's on a par or cheaper.

Edeyore

The costs in the Parks are high, especially when you consider how much product Disney must purchase, you know they are getting some type of
a price break, which is definitely not passed on to the guests.

I also have found it unusual that Disney products in the Disney Stores
cost more than they do in other stores. I saw an action figure, one of
my sons wanted in the Disney Store for $10.00, yet it was selling at KB
Toys for $7.00. Does KB really get a better deal on Disney products than
Disney does?

flFigment

Ok Disney is expensive but when you think of the entertainment value that you get for the entire day with the service and entertainment you get from Disney it is not a bad deal at all. What blows my mind is how much more expensive Universal is than Disney. That is another thread of information and then some.

My vote for most outragous prices at Disney food at Fultons Crabhouse and it was aweful!!

My vote for best deal on Disney property the kennels!

Loretta

abe_bb said:
Bottles of water at $2.00 (what we paid per bottle last week) is not that bad. Sure, it is double, but on a 99 degree day, in the sun, sweating so much your shoes squish when you walk, a cold water is worth $2.00.

Most outrageous price in disney? Honestly, beer at the food court in POR.

I can go to fultons (the general store at POR) and get a 6 pack for 10 bucks (yeah, that is high too, but just wait), or I can go to the food court and get 2 single bottles for 11.00. THAT'S the price I find most outrageous.
That's the reason I pack 6 cans of beer in our carryon for my husband. I take our bottled water also, both packed in ziplock bags. 11 more days :sohappy:

bears163

WEDROD said:
Trust me, I would gladly pay $2.50 for a coke to be at Disney right now. Its just that they really have you trapped when you are weak and thirsty, unless you can go to a store off property.
i would pay 3.00 for that coke if i could be there write now

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom