Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 2000 Leagues Under The Sea

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • Other

Votes: 17 9.7%

• Total voters

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by riess424
I dont know which one I would pick. I think they should add the Matterhorn though, which is at Disneyland and is a great ride.:sohappy:

I agree... would make a nice addition to world showcase... also add a new Switz. pavillion.

TinkerBell

I really miss 20,000 Leagues, sure it was kind of hokey, but It was one of my favorites from childhood.

When DH went with me he wanted to ride it and we found out it was shut down, we were so dissappointed. :(

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
I miss a litte bit of each..so it was hard for me to vote.
In order of how much I miss them:

1. The Orig. JII
2. Horizons
3. 20,000 Leagues

I don’t miss Kitchen Cabaret ...because talking groceries are just not right.;)

ToTBellHop

Only one I honestly miss is Journey Into Imagination. I seriously LOVED this ride...I still have a stuffed Figment in my room (how old am I? 17.8???)...wish they'd just bring back the old ride. I know they cut the track inside, but it's still the same ride building...they could do it if they wanted...I wonder if when Figment was singing IMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGINAAAAAAAATION! he ever imagined that disney would one day be suffocating him in a plastic bag...it's a shame what they did to it...at least Eisner realizes this...

BOY RACER

I miss the attractions that get replaced with something mediocore the most because it makes you pine for the old days when you were getting topshelf attractions at Disney World!:king:
My most missed:
1.Mr Toad :sohappy:
replaced by Pooh:hurl:
2. World of Motion :sohappy:
replaced by Test Track:brick:
3. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea :sohappy:
replaced by NOTHING:hammer:
But thats just my opinion of course! :animwink:

Maria

I don´t miss any of them. I can´t remember what "If you had wings" was!

I would probably choose Horizons, but then again, I liked World of Motion and also the original Journey into Imagination;but the things I remember from them are too vague to miss them that much. I remember the "space" in Horizons b/c that was what impressed me the most and also the robots and the history of motion --sort of like the SE ride-- in WoM; then the rainbow and the musical colorful floor and the thing with nails to put your hands on at JII....those were cool and that´s what I miss seeing and playing with. I was young and those were the things that impressed me the most to remember. ;)

MrPromey

Original Poster
Re: One Little Spark

Originally posted by grizzlyhall

... Test Track would be the main attraction, but also a hyped up "Dreamflight" - that will actually put you in a plane and make it feel like you are "soaring" or riding through the clouds...almost like IYHW...only more realisitic...

Somehow I think General Motors might not agree with your vision. ;)

cm1988

Original Horizons Exit Mural

...but the Horizons vision may be gone forever...
I hope that's not the case, Griz, but it looks that way now.

Ho opened in 84 or 85, as I recall. For the first four or five years, there was a mural at the exit... subsequently replaced with a mirrored corridor culminating in a GE plug. I'd stand by that mural for, like, 10-15 minutes... listening to the "If you can dream it, then you can do it..." theme music and (excuse the retro reference) grooving on the mural which extended around a curve to the right, leading to the exit.

At the start (left edge), some of the historic Wonders of the World were illustrated... pyramids, etc. scattered across a desert.. A column of people wove through these, leading to the right where more contemporary structures were seen. As the march towards progress continues... out of the desert, into a green field, an amazing futurist city was illustrated at the far right edge of the mural. That was a vision.

Ok, a picture is worth 1000 words. With a click HERE you can see for yourself. It makes a nice desktop wallpaper.

Though some amazing intuition :p tells me you have bears on your desktop.

cm1988

...that mural is the Prologue and the Promise... I do have a SIGNED (by the artist, Bob McCall), replica hanging in frame in the Hallway...
That's awesome! Surfing a bit more I found this link to more on McCall. It lists a Paradise Valley, AZ address and phone number "for prints or commissioned work". I'm going to drop them a line.

Tramp

I miss the 'skyride' cuz of the unique views it gave ya....plus, it was part of the original 'landscape' of the MK....it's as if someone took the sofa out of my living room.:cry:

...jiyi....would be my second choice if I were allowed one.

thumper

My vote is for Horizons. I remember racing my cousin into the building to get on the ride (there was never any line). We couldn't wait until the end when you could pick your "landing"(I think the choices were land, sea, and space). Then the dividing screen used to come up to separate each car, and we would see whose landing won. Ahhh...those were the days! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom