Most Heart Warming Feeling

ght

nothing makes me more excited than driving under the Walt Disney World sign! that's when I realize it's actually happening, I'm officially inside and in for a ton of fun!:sohappy:

This is it for me. Passing under the sign is the transition form the real world to the 'magical' world if you will. As much as I love Disneyland, it is one thing that Disneyland can't touch.

pcarathers

Just checking in! Means we are there!!!!! Our very first trip was in 2000, my nephew was 7 at the time...we had gone to the MK to see Wishes and my dad had put him on his shoulders so he could see the castle over the crowd, I looked up and noticed he was crying. I thought the fireworks had scared him, but when I asked him what was wrong, he looked at me and said...."I can't believe I'm finally here!" we were all crying. I'm crying now just typing it!!!!! :cry: Now, every trip we start the same way, check in, head to Chef Mickey's for dinner and monorail to MK for fireworks/parade! How we start every trip!

We leave for WDW on January 16 and that same nephew is now 18! He doesn't get as excited about going as he used to, but he loves going none the less.

real mad hatter

Excellent Blog

Wow,just read all those magical moments,loved them all,especially the one from PCARATHERS,from Louisiana,(running out of tissues)it is indeed a truly magical place that can affect so many of our lives and leave so many magical memories.cant wait till 2012 for our fifth visit.:cry:

disneygirl1024

I know when I'm finally there and everything about to begin when I enter MK and step out from under the station and have a good look round and everything and begin to take in the atmosphere.

Let the fun begin....:lol:

Couldn't have said it better. Same for me too. Also getting on the DME bus and it pulling in to our favorite resort, POR. June cant come soon enuff :animwink:

montyz81

To me there isn't a more heart warming,feel good all over moment in Disney than entering the Magic Kingdom, turning the corner onto Main St and seeing that castle! Its just feels "Right" and this august will mark our 37th trip and I guarentee I'll have goosebumps when I take that turn onto Main St...guarenteed.....can you think of any more "moments"?

Basically the same for me but it is SSE that gives me that feeling. Being able to see it from far just over the trees all the way to standing underneath it is something I look forward to every trip.

TheAmazingBobbo

I definitely agree with what a lot of people said; the two for me are:

1. Going under the Walt Disney World sign on DME when you enter the world.

2. When you first walk into MK and start heading down Main Street towards the castle.

Our trip next July-August has been in the world since my niece was born, when we planned to wait until she was 4 to take her, so I can't wait to see how my first trip with anybody under 13 might change things that make my trip "special." She's in love with all the princesses, and I can't wait to see her face when we first approach the castle and she gets to do her first character meeting with one of them - that might top everything.

WV_Jayola

During our 2009 trip, we were in DHS back in the animation courtyard. We were waiting in line for a photo with Chip and Dale. Just as our turn came up this elderly lady (she had to be at least 80) in a wheelchair pulled up behind the characters. Her Daughter asked us if she could cut in line to see Chip and Dale. We said sure you can. She wheeled up to Chip and Dale and they started their usual play for a guest. The look on this old lady's face was unbelievable. She had the look of a child, laughing with wonder and excitement in her eyes, just like a kid would do. This scene totally made my trip for me! To see a grown person react in this way just about had me in tears! It made my heart leap to see someone that age enjoy that as much as she did was truly awesome! That truly captured why we all love this place like we do no matter how many times we visit!

Your post just made ME tear up a little bit. This is EXACTLY why we all love WDW. It's not about refurbs or announcements or anything else...at the end of the day, THIS is the basis for it all.

jeff.

jayhawkmickey

It starts with the ever increasing speed on the sprint to magical express from the plane. My wife said I was running and skipping by the time I reached the attendant. Then the bus video and the disappearance of telephone poles and billboards. It sinks in when I step off the bus and all cares are gone for a week. That first step onto park pavement I guess is my breath taking moment.

javy2004

this july was the first time i'd been to a disney park since 92 (i was 7) and driving there realizing how giant the disney property was overwhelming. then when i paid the parking fee and the cast member handed me the receipt and told me to 'have a magical day' got me super excited (wasnt expecting that)

the specific moment that sent me back to when i was 7 was that moment in splash mountain when you do a drop and see all the characters singing and i was just in awe. my jaw was hanging the rest of the time on the ride and it sent me back in time. seeing my lil nephew pose with goofy for a photo was also special since he was among favorite disney characters along with chip and dale.

Lolyson

Every time I saw different posts over here thanks for sharing such a wonderful site with us. I find it is very interesting and necessary for my life and my work. I will go on to share. Thank you so much and hope to be read a more interesting posting than this!

triplela

Driving under the Walt Disney World arch is the moment for us. After driving under the arch in 2010, my then 2 1/2 year old saw the purple signs with the Mickey ears on top. He yells out "It's Mickey! He's here waiting for us!" Nothing like it.

10Magic

The check-in desk at our resort of choice, Coronado Springs. The sad thing is that I don't really appreciate it as much as I should at that moment, but it's ALWAYS the moment I wish I could go back to when our trip is over.

Adrianery

:drevil:
So informative things are provided here, I am really happy to read this post, I was just I agree with you. This post is truly inspirational. I like your post and all you share with us is up to date and quite informative. I hope you will spend much time commenting more to make us happier.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

My first and favorite Disney memories were going there with my cousins, grandparents and family as a little kid. Years went by where my grandparents would only go to Epcot and said they were to old to handle a day at the magic Kingdom. One evening I got a call from my grandparents asking where we were in the park and they showed up for dinner and watched Spectromagic and Wishes with us. Spectromagic and the fireworks are mu first ever disney memories, I still remember being in a stroller and a poncho that night, Everything from my first Disney memorie was pretty much relived except I wasn't in a stroller and the weather couldn't be any nicer. I never thought I would be in Disney with my whole family at once ever again. I hope someday it will happen again.

firekymmie

WOW so many great memorys!

I always cry when i see wishes... But the very best memory was in 2007, The last time i had been to WDW was in 1986 with my grandmom and Aunt. For years all i heard was everyone talking about their last trip to Disney everytime my family got together. Well in 2007 I finally was able to scrap and get my kids there at the ages of 8, 10 and 14. When we walked in MK for the very first time and the 3 o'clock parade started right in front of us. I just busted out crying and my kids where all trying to figure out what was wrong with me. I was finally able to show my kids how very special Disney was. Now 5 yrs later and 8 trips later ( thanks to all the Disney codes ) we are getting ready to head down again in July and my youngest is 14 and taking one of her friends down to show her the magic just warms my heart.

Jonesjim

Can you please write more blog entries on this subject, it is a request, because after reading your blog I am highly interested in learning more things in life on this earth. Thanks so much for what you have done for us!

Driving under the ' Welcome to Walt Disney World' sign - It always gives me goosebumps - Like the whole place was just waiting for me to come back - and it's the same as it was before.

entrance.jpg

I get really emotional when I hear, "Welcome Home". I get to hear those wonderful words in just 15 days! First trip with my boyfriend who is just as big of a Disney fan as I am.

Ladyluxury

I really like your post and appreciate you to this post, keep posting more for us to read. We are waiting for you. See you next time and wait new article. Thank you so much for what you have done for us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom