Most Embarassing WDW moment

EPCOT.nut

My most recent that I can think of:

We were at POTC and the CM said "Row ___ next boat." I wasn't listening and got in the back row (with my DH) with a man and his lady. The back row in the POTC boat is smaller than the other rows...we we like sardines.

I looked at the "amused" man next to me and started laughing - realizing the CM meant the next boat, not this boat.

I said "sorry! - lol, etc" and went to get out and the CM yelled at me, "I said the NEXT boat!"

Yeah...I just realized that. :hammer:

DisneyGigi

Mine would have to be on our last trip, when Pluto was trying to get DH & I to strike a pose for our Anniversary. He was motioning for DH to get down on one knee and hold my hand while he made a heart over our heads. I totally did not get what he was saying at all and just stood there looking as ditzy as I am. DH finally explained it to me and Pluto had DS snap a pic. Poor Pluto I know he had to be getting frustrated. :hammer:

EPCOT.nut

Another one (this is bad and I am sure happens a lot)

I was watching Reflections of China and when they went to the Tiananmen Square part of the movie....some Jack--- in my group made some disparaging comments about the 1989 protest and running over their own people with tanks. Oh, he said it loudly...

:hammer:

Rufus T Firefly

My most was actually a result of my husband. He wasn't feeling well when we went to dinner at Tony's so afterwards he went to First aid and got an antacid. Well we were watching the show in front of Cinderella's Castle, he was taping in the back. Well I went to find him afterwards and he was nowhere to be found. Well he had vomited on the lawn at Cinderella's Castle:eek: He then proceeded to go in/out of the RR for about an hour then I told him to go back to the hotel so we could enjoy the rest of the night.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement for Tony's :hurl:

WDWMUPPET

While I was staying at the Contemporary in 2002, I left the room to get some food. When I got back I realized I left my key in the room. So I knocked on the door because I knew my brother was still in the room. After knocking a few times and no one answering I yelled "C'mon! Open the door butt head!" At that moment the door next to the one I was knocking opened and my brother looked out. Then I realized I was knocking on the wrong door. :hammer:

EPCOT.nut

Oh my, I am just full of embarrassing WDW stories. I just remembered another one:

I was at AK and had to take a cell phone call from work.

I actually was a total jerk, totally oblivious, taking a cell call in front of one of the nicest photo spots for the Tree of Life.

Yes there were people trying to take pictures and I was pacing in front of the nice spot while arguing on the phone.

My DH had the heart to make it clear to me (in front of all the people) that I was being a jerk. I truly thought I had walked away from people to take the call...:eek:

EvilQueen81

This didn't happen to me but this happened to an obnoxious kid. We were at AK waiting to get on the train and there was this 8 year old in front of us screaming "Choo Choo" over and over again and throwing a fit because his parents would' not buy him some toy. So we get to the train and run to a different car then him. We are sitting at the front of our car and he is at the back of his. He starts leaning over the rail looking at the tracks yet again yelling "Choo Choo train" over and over, all the sudden the train comes to a screaching halt and the kid slams his head into the rail and it knocks him back into the seat. The first thing he does is look right at me and my DH and we just start laughing at him and he starts crying but at least we didn't have to hear Choo Choo anymore.:shrug:

MickeyFan77

In Tony's defence, he was not feeling well when they went...
Yes that is true he wasn't feeling well before and thought it was the alcohol that he had drank earlier LOL Although wasn't really impressed with the food there. If the rest of the family didn't get sick we would've thought that too. But I got sick exactly 48 hrs later and our 2 kids proceeded to go the same. TG I got sick in our room and was there the whole time but my son got sick literally 5 mins before we landed at home. They almost didn't land the plane. He got up to go the bathroom and the attendent told him to sit down, well he proceeded to vomit right in front of her in the aisle, TG we were 2 rows from the back. I asked my husband why he didn't give him a barf bag and he said my son didn't say why he needed to go. Then I asked my son why he didn't say anything and he didn't know. To our defense if our plane had not been delayed 1/2 hr we would've been home.

jjgoo

i guess this could have been an embarrassing moment , but i like to think of it as revenge...

let me preface this by saying that i was staying at all-star sports, and for breakfast i had the biscuits and gravy.

anyway, a little after noon, i was waiting on line for splash mountain. the was this young boy with his family right behind me. the child was acting up, bumping into me and those behind them, being very loud and a general pita.

we had gotten to the point where we were going up the stairs and he kept bumping into me. finally, what was the last time he did it, he, being down one step, bumped into be from behind and i let one rip right into his face.

i dont think his parent heard and no one around said anything, but the kid behaved after that.

I love this. This is my favorite so far. Wouldn't it be great if we all couldn't just have one at the ready for that annoying little kid that keeps bumping into you.:rolleyes:

ann0d1

I told this story before but not only was it embarassing for my son, but so hysterical! We were on the monorail in last car (I am pretty sure it was just us 7 family members) Well my son who was about 13 years old had eggs in the morning, and this gave him the foulest gas you could imagine. :dazzle: He apparently was holding it in and being the sweetheart that he is (cough-cough) he decided to let it out in the monorail. Luckily, we were at our station, and the doors opened, and we are all yelling and screaming, OMG that stinks, ewww, etc. One of the workers were there to assist us in getting off and he yells up to the front, "Maintenance! There is a foul smell coming from back here". Well we had only walked a few feet away and we just busted out laughing, I thought I was going to wet my pants. To this day, we still laugh hysterical about it and this happened in 2002! Now that's a Magical Moment LOL :ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

Dwarful

I'm confused, sorry! :shrug:

At All Star Movies there is a light fixture that is shaped like an Old Fashioned Popcorn Box. When the light is off you can see the Popcorn Box decoration. When the light is on, you don't see the decoration because the light obscures the decoration. This mother couldn't figure out that mousekeeping wasn't messing with her light.

k.hunter30

Ok... It was my first time on Summit Plummit. I'm rather scared of water as it is, so I was a ittle worried about doing it (not so much the drop, but the water at the bottom). I swallowed my fear and down I went. Once I got to the bottom, I immediately sat/got up because of the water. Well... my top wasn't where it was supposed to be... :dazzle: And the fact that they have bleacher seats for people to watch as you come down didn't help my embarrassment! :dazzle::dazzle::brick::brick:

Adison Belle

I'm confused, sorry! :shrug:

At All Star Movies there is a light fixture that is shaped like an Old Fashioned Popcorn Box. When the light is off you can see the Popcorn Box decoration. When the light is on, you don't see the decoration because the light obscures the decoration. This mother couldn't figure out that mousekeeping wasn't messing with her light.

OH! GOT YA! See I've never stayed there before so I was like "I have no idea what she's talking about...." sorry! :hammer:

KingStefan

While I was staying at the Contemporary in 2002, I left the room to get some food. When I got back I realized I left my key in the room. So I knocked on the door because I knew my brother was still in the room. After knocking a few times and no one answering I yelled "C'mon! Open the door butt head!" At that moment the door next to the one I was knocking opened and my brother looked out. Then I realized I was knocking on the wrong door. :hammer:

Good thing there was nobody in that room! I have this image in my head of Damian31's partner

...He looked at me (now I am heavily tatooed and pierced!!) and then turned to my partner who is an ex doorman, we call them bouncers in the UK (you know the men who stand outside the entrance to nightclubs and throw out wrongdoers!!) He is more heavily tattooed than me, shaved head and mean loooking!!:lol:...

opening the door and saying something like "uh, that's MR. butthead to you!":ROFLOL:

Simba One

We checked into one of the resorts quite late one night. We got our room keys, went to the room they'd given us, and tried to open the door. No luck...I try again and again. Finally, the door opens--when the occupants of the room come to see who's trying to get into their room! The front desk had assigned us to an occupied room, so we had to go back and get a new room. Just glad the people in the room had a sense of humor about it!

amajac167

In 2004 we stayed at the carribean beach when we got to our room I tried my key card and could not open the door, the cm with us said try again when i tried again the little green light came on but still would not open when the cm tried it for me it opened right up, I was pushing on the door instead of pulling. red faced i gave him his tip.....Nov 24 we will be staying at Coronado springs, I hope I can open the door this time...:xmas::xmas::xmas::xmas:

poohbear6103

Mine is similar to k.hunter30 . In September we were at Typhoon Lagoon. Knowing what those slides could be like, I decided to wear a one piece bathing suit thinking I would be safe. Well I was in the wave pool waiting for a wave to come and had my back facing to it. Once it was right there, I ducked under it but didn't duck far enough and the full power of the wave hit my shoulders and knocked the straps off my shoulders exposing, how shall I put this, my "front-side" :) To make matters worse is that wave makes you travel and I banged into the guy infront of me full force with my "front side". Luckily with the commotion I doubt he noticed since he didn't give me a weird look but for a few seconds there I thought I was going to die from humiliation!! So I took advantage of the smaller wave that comes after to duck down slightly and "adjust" myself. Truly embarrassing!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom