Most Controversial ride change poll

What is the most controversial ride change at Disney World?

• Mr Toad - Winnie the Pooh

Votes: 16 9.9%
  • Maelstrom - Frozen

Votes: 17 10.5%
  • Tower of Terror - Guardians of the Galaxy

Votes: 23 14.2%
  • Splash Mountain - Princess and the Frog

Votes: 91 56.2%
  • Other/listed below

Votes: 15 9.3%

• Total voters

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
With the recent news of Splash Mountain being replaced by Princess and the Frog what do you guys consider to be the most controversial ride change at the Disney parks. Lets keep this NICE AND PEACEFUL PLEASE! If this thread gets too carried away I will have the admin shut it down. I just wanted to get some people's opinions and perspectives on these ride changes. Feel; free to discuss whether the ride changes were good or bad. But keep it civil!

ppete1975

splash is fresh in everyones minds, and even if you agree with why or dont, at least there is a why. Frozen (wildy popular) from maelstrom (a quirky ride with low wait times.. even if some of us loved it) made sense, same for toad to pooh.....
now energy to guardians i think would come in second for me since it tore every epcot lovers heart out....
but the winner..... tower of terror for guardians.... massively popular ride changed for honestly no real reason.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
I think Disney’s worst mistake was destroying Journey into Imagination. It’s resulted in 20 some odd years of complaints from guests because the current version is probably Disney’s worst attraction in operation as of now.
Yeah that was a truly awful decision. Here's to hoping Disney will fix the pavilion in the coming years.

correcaminos

Splash doesn't have a thing on the drama that came with Mr. Toad. So biggest one is that by far from my memory.

Maelstrom really bugged people too. Seriously what does Frozen really have to do with Norway history and such?

Splash is a big deal for some but not for all. I'm seeing far more mixed results elsewhere. Some places nothing but love for it.

GotG from ToT I heard was well liked, but yeah caused a stink.

How about Universe of Energy to GotG? Snow White to meet & greet? Redo of Journey the 1st time? Removing of 20,000 leagues for some meet and greet with no warning? I can think of lots of things that really made people mad.

NelleBelle

I was one that thought ripping ToT out for GoTG was a boneheaded move but honestly, now that we've ridden it, it's actually quite fun. HATE the outside of the ride--although really do appreciate the unique flora/fauna they have in the outside in the queue area--but the building itself just doesn't make sense to me. I'm glad that at least there still is a ToT at WDW but it's by no means my most hated ride!

UNCgolf

Horizons to Mission: Space is the worst change they've ever made, and original Journey into Imagination to new, terrible Imagination is second.

Universe of Energy to Guardians of the Galaxy is really awful too since GotG doesn't belong in EPCOT. Same issue Frozen has, although it's also a terrible ride.

I think the Splash move is probably the most controversial, though, if only because Splash Mountain is a massively popular ride.

milordsloth

I agree with the @ppete1975 . I have never ridden the Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout ride in Disneyland, but it didn't make much sense for that change at all.

While I miss the Disneyland version, I honestly think the guardians version is more fun than the original. However I can't wait to ride the original in Florida! From what I've heard that was the better version anyway.

Matt_Black

Mine is mission to the Moon changed to Mission to Mars. What were they thinking?

People had already landed on the moon, so Mars was the next logical step for might happen "Tomorrow".

I'll say it- most controversial? Alien Encounter to Stitch. With just the change in story, it probably wouldn't have been as reviled, but that STENCH.

ppete1975

I would heartily disagree Judy. You can nap at your hotel.
Ok Sarah, why do you disagree.

Disagree all you want, opinions are for everyone.. leave your attempts at humor out of it. If you want to give an opinion, such as "in every guide book it said great place to take a nap in AC" thats fine and factual. Otherwise.. just put me on your cannot see list. The original architecture is what made epcot what it was, and the edutainment. For people that were awed when it opened, it hurt especially for what it was. Now is old epcot dead... yes absolutely.. am i excited to see what comes next (yes, but scared.. and even more after the covid budget cuts) but a roller coaster based on marvel (i love marvel, just wish it had went somewhere else), just didnt feel right to epcot fans. Epcot could have continued to awe... SpaceX just proved that people are awed by science, im sure elon musk could have come up with a really cool attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom