Most Controversial ride change poll

What is the most controversial ride change at Disney World?

• Mr Toad - Winnie the Pooh

Votes: 16 9.9%
  • Maelstrom - Frozen

Votes: 17 10.5%
  • Tower of Terror - Guardians of the Galaxy

Votes: 23 14.2%
  • Splash Mountain - Princess and the Frog

Votes: 91 56.2%
  • Other/listed below

Votes: 15 9.3%

• Total voters

Mickey Pride

I think many would say the recent Splash Mountain to The Princess and the Frog would be the choice here due to the whole political uprising of the whole event that most likely led to the decision that Disney made,but I do think we should look at the change from the Maelstrom ride to Frozen Ever After in the Norway pavilion as a very strong contender if not the winner of this whole thing. The Maelstrom ride was a ride that represented the culture and history of Norway and they turned it into some fantasy Disney movie ride from Arendelle that honestly had nothing to do with the country of Norway. If Epcot's World Showcase is suppose to represent the cultures and history of the countries in each pavilion they certainly did Norway a disservice by removing the Maelstrom ride.

erasure fan1

I think many would say the recent Splash Mountain to The Princess and the Frog would be the choice here due to the whole political uprising of the whole event that most likely led to the decision that Disney made,but I do think we should look at the change from the Maelstrom ride to Frozen Ever After in the Norway pavilion as a very strong contender if not the winner of this whole thing. The Maelstrom ride was a ride that represented the culture and history of Norway and they turned it into some fantasy Disney movie ride from Arendelle that honestly had nothing to do with the country of Norway. If Epcot's World Showcase is suppose to represent the cultures and history of the countries in each pavilion they certainly did Norway a disservice by removing the Maelstrom ride.
I voted for splash because of exactly what you said. It is controversial to theme park fans as well as people who have never set foot in the park. But in my eyes Maelstrom to frozen, does more damage to the parks and theming.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom