Most Cherished WDW Souvenir?

Grumpy56

Original Poster
As my next trip fast approaches my thoughts turn to that special item that reminds me of my trip for years to come. What will it be this time? So I'm curious, what's everybody elses most favorite reminder of the happiest place on earth?

Here are mine:

From my last trip, the oversized mug I got at the Polynesian with a beautiful graphic of the resort on it reminds everyday of that special week we spent there.

From my first trip to Disneyland when I was in college, the plush Dumbo my then BF bought me.

From other trips....my Abominable Snowman beanie from DL, the Plush 7 Dwarfs in Xmas hats (Grumpy's my fave, of course!), and the Christmas ornament of the Castle we got on our first trip to WDW with our kids.

Anyone else care to share?

Katherine

I think my favorite souvenir to look at now is my "Passport" from the Epcot World Showcase. It has stamps, pictures, and some writing from each of the countries it's really neat to look at!

I also like my charms I got for my charm bracelet.

RPMdfw

That's easy. It's the picture of my brother and me in front of the "partners' statue with Cinderella's Castle in the background. After wanting to go to Disney World all our lives, the two of us in our thirties grinning like silly kids. I love that one.:)

dreamer

When we visited in 2000 we got a 3-D picture of our 5 kids laser-etched into the center of a crystal. At the bottom of the crystal is a similar etching of the "2000" Spaceship Earth.

GHOST1000

We always buy a christmas ornament w/ the year we went. and usually something to wear like a necklace or jacket. So everytime I put it on it brings me back to that place in time.

surfsupdon

Each trip, a tradition I have was to buy coconuts that are chiseled into the faces of pirates with some cool features. I got them at Caribbean Beach, and the only other place they had them was Pirates of the Caribbean. Unfortunately, they dont carry these anymore and the tradition halted. It was also cool to see the first cocunut that cost me $5.99 to the 9th and last one I bought at 16.99.

Also, my bday is 12/26, we were in Dinsey for it this year, and my parents got me the plush birthday cake hat that lights up. I loved it even tho I am a 6'4 20 year old. And my college friends love it too!! It def. was fun!

SirNim

I have a great deal of memorabilia that spur fond memories...

The 2000 Millennium Compas sign, perhaps...

or some pins...

or the Magical Moments handheld Game

or ...

well...

i have a lot more too..

They are all NICE!:D :)

KathyG/poohbear

We too love the Christmas ornaments. My husband has a wall plaque that counts down the days to Christmas......which is his favorite.

I also love buying a picture in front of the castle and little things like ink pens because every time you use them you think of Disney.

PuertoRekinSam

When I was there in 2000, my then girlfriend had her fantasy photo taken with all the princess for me. As a joke, I had the same photo taken of me as well, I figure, what better then being surounded by those beauties. We both have both copies on our desks.

BigNorm

I have a plush Elliot, from Pete's Dragon, and Dale in his Rescue Rangers Hawaiian shirt. I also bought one of the "Figment's Back" t-shirts this past year w/ some of the original lyrics to "One Little Spark" on the back of it this past year.

jojoyner55

On our first two trips to WDW, we got one of the Lladro Snow White and the seven dwarves. We planned on getting one each subsequent trip (Lladro ain't cheap). Our first trip we got Grumpy; on the second we got Doc. Well...On our third trip we went to the shop on Main Street were we had been getting these - and they were gone. The Cast Member there told us Lladro had discontinued this series - Gasp! But she said that they might be available at the Heritage store near the entance to the MK (next to the Fire Station). Well we went straight there and the very helpful cast member there got us the ones we didn't have (out of the few sets remaining). What makes this such a fond memory was the helpfulness of the folks in the stores - and the fact that my wife (who is by no means as big a Disney nut as I am) didn't bat an eye at the terrible abuse our credit cards took to get the remaining 6 figures. They occupy a place of honor in our home; and a fond place in my heart.

Ijones88

This is our Christmas tree setup with some of my favorite WDW souvenirs!! The Contemporary has blackened windows, fiber-optic lighting, and a flashing red LED on top. I don't have enough room for the Polynesian, WDW railroad , and the new WDW entrance railroad station....:( Unfortunately, I had to pack it all up til next xmas...:(
Not surprisingly, we were the favorite house in the neighborhood with all the kids!!!

Attachments

• dscf0588.jpg
    dscf0588.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 130

Grumpy56

Original Poster
Thanks to everyone who posted. I really enjoyed reading all of them, it's helping to pass the time till my departure!:sohappy:

Grumpy56

Original Poster
Originally posted by jojoyner55
On our first two trips to WDW, we got one of the Lladro Snow White and the seven dwarves. We planned on getting one each subsequent trip (Lladro ain't cheap). Our first trip we got Grumpy; on the second we got Doc. Well...On our third trip we went to the shop on Main Street were we had been getting these - and they were gone. The Cast Member there told us Lladro had discontinued this series - Gasp! But she said that they might be available at the Heritage store near the entance to the MK (next to the Fire Station). Well we went straight there and the very helpful cast member there got us the ones we didn't have (out of the few sets remaining). What makes this such a fond memory was the helpfulness of the folks in the stores - and the fact that my wife (who is by no means as big a Disney nut as I am) didn't bat an eye at the terrible abuse our credit cards took to get the remaining 6 figures. They occupy a place of honor in our home; and a fond place in my heart.

What a great story! Glad to hear you got Grumpy first!:lol:

Grumpy56

Original Poster
Originally posted by dreamer
When we visited in 2000 we got a 3-D picture of our 5 kids laser-etched into the center of a crystal. At the bottom of the crystal is a similar etching of the "2000" Spaceship Earth.

Hey dreamer, do you remember where you got this? It sounds like a very cool memento.

Debbie

My favorites are: Sillouette cutout of my husband, me, and our then 18 month old. We got that on main street; and it was fun watching the lady cut it out while we sat there. My pirates pictures that we always took. My Polynesian mugs I bought in 1981.

TinkerBell9988

I have too many... lol

I have little things, like pins and jewelry. My dolls and my light-up accessories (Sorcerer's Hat, Fiber-Optic Mickey, etc...) are my top faves. :)

Walter

Mine is stupid, but once, I went to EPCOT, and into the Millenium Village :)cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: ) and walked around on the four seasons of Sweden thing. I think that I was in Summer, looking at the plants, when I noticed that one of the pots still had the price tag on it. I peeled it off and took it. I lost it, though.:cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom