News Morocco Pavilion redevelopment

ppete1975

guardians-of-the-galaxy-roller-coaster-construction-update-january-2019-4-gravity-building-spaceship-earth.jpg
ive never seen this photo..... really changes the way i look at spaceship earth and epcot in general. Not in a bad way just i always feel its by itself (an oasis) and spaceship earth looms over everything. Just shows that when epcot was built they did the line of sight correctly too bad its been ruined over the years.

Its like that neighbor that buys the most beautiful house on the block and starts adding the most obnoxious lawn art and a camaro on blocks. At least they still mow the lawn...

UNCgolf

It wasn’t an alcove. Just the opposite. Have people forgotten what it replaced? Apparently too many photos were taken back there due to its resemblance of, well, you figure it out.

Morocco%20050.jpg

2021-wdw-epcot-back-of-morocco-2048x1536.jpg

I know it wasn't an alcove; you missed my point.

I said they could have changed it and made it look like an alcove without putting the door on it. That would look better than it does with the door; the door attracts attention.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I know it wasn't an alcove; you missed my point.

I said they could have changed it and made it look like an alcove without putting the door on it. That would look better than it does with the door; the door attracts attention.
To reinforce that is was a chimney, they should have drilled a hole at top and installed a pipe and had puffs of smoke coming out of it.

aladdin2007

It wasn’t an alcove. Just the opposite. Have people forgotten what it replaced? Apparently too many photos were taken back there due to its resemblance of, well, you figure it out.

Morocco%20050.jpg

2021-wdw-epcot-back-of-morocco-2048x1536.jpg
saddens me to see Marrakesh closed up back there and all signs of it erased. maybe someday.......oh well it will probably just be turned into a storage warehouse like Japans show building.

Animaniac93-98

Besides a character meal, the other potential future for Marrakesh would be seasonal operation where it only opens on peak days so that people can have somewhere to eat dinner with same-day reservations.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
If where some people see a lake others see a gaping hole needing to be filled, I'm happy to be among the former.

A gaping hole devoid of any attractions. There are plenty of public parks in Florida with empty stretches of water even some with wildlife.

UNCgolf

A gaping hole devoid of any attractions. There are plenty of public parks in Florida with empty stretches of water even some with wildlife.

I don't know why you think a park with attractions dropped in everywhere and no scenery would be an improvement. Might as well go to Six Flags if that's what you want. EPCOT would be a worse park if that lake wasn't there, just like Animal Kingdom would be a worse park without its water features and even DHS would be a worse park without Echo Lake.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom