Morimoto Asia coming to 'The Landing' district of Disney Springs in 2015

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I don't think the garage will be done for next month like they were aiming for. CMs can start parking there Nov 2, but it's still very much a construction zone and still a lot of theming needs to happen. You never know though. I keep hearing it will open piecemeal.

And I guess i'm not 100% on Town Center. I just always assumed after West Side Garage opens, they would start on both the other garage and the Town Center. If they're looking at a Early 2016 opening, it'll be hard for them to wait for the garage to finish to start on Town Center and still be done on time.
They could do them simultaneously. There may be limited parking for a while longer, but they could keep the parking across the street open until it's all done.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member

As an old school Iron Chef fan, I love this. Idea! Disney, make this happen - During the Fall Drunkytown Obesity Celebration, set up a stage in the Japanese pavilion. Have two or three of the head chefs/cooks from different countries go head to head with a fan chosen because they were in the big mass of people jumping up and down because they are a good cook and didn't know yet the themed ingredient was going to be ostrich testicles. Then, have the professionals and the fan cook for an hour while some high strung, weirdo does crazy play by play. Whilst this is going on, 4 random guests are chosen to taste the the courses and pick the winner. Great fun. Interactive, gets the guests involved, would be fresh and hella entertaining.

Last edited:

ABQ

As an old school Iron Chef fan, I love this. Idea! Disney, make this happen - During the Fall Drunkytown Obesity Celebration, set up a stage in the Japanese pavilion. Have two or three of the head chefs/cooks from different countries go head to head with a fan chosen because they were in the big mass of people jumping up and down because they are a good cook and didn't know yet the themed ingredient was going to be ostrich testicles. Then, have the professionals and the fan cook for an hour while some high strung, weirdo does crazy play by play. Whilst this is going on, 4 random guests are chosen to taste the the courses and pick the winner. Great fun. Interactive, gets the guests involved, would be fresh and hella entertaining.
They'd need to bring in one guest judge, my favourite from the original Iron Chef:
Don't mess with Japanese Rap Artist, Korn
10yosia.jpg

Next Big Thing

Has there been any updates or pics on the progress of this? Seen mostly Boathouse updates, but really more interested in this restaurant.
They've really torn into the sides of the building, other than that, not much to see. It's mostly interior stuff that's not able to be seen from public areas. Morimoto will likely be more low key until opening because of that. The Boathouse was a HUGE facility and has appealing things to look at. Eventually there will be some facade work on Morimoto, but I believe we already know what it will look like for the most part from concept art.

ItlngrlBella

Ok- a little confused. The title of the article says opening Spring 2015 but the first paragraph says Summer 2015.

Curious to visit this place if it's open when we are there in July. No works on official opening date?

nolatron

DW and I are looking forward to this. We used to be huge original Iron Chef watchers and used to run Iron Fans Online. We dined at Morimoto in Philly shortly after it opened where I had brief visit (eg: Photo op! lol) with Morimoto.

This places looks fabulous though. We're gonna have a bunch of new places to try for sure though in future trips.

DisDadWoz

Can't wait for this to open up. Based on how The Boathouse has been received/reviewed so far, I can't imagine this will disappoint!

mm121

DW and I are looking forward to this. We used to be huge original Iron Chef watchers and used to run Iron Fans Online. We dined at Morimoto in Philly shortly after it opened where I had brief visit (eg: Photo op! lol) with Morimoto.

This places looks fabulous though. We're gonna have a bunch of new places to try for sure though in future trips.

didn't realize morimoto was a chain, so much for disney springs being "unique" one of a kind

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
didn't realize morimoto was a chain, so much for disney springs being "unique" one of a kind
You know, I was always told that if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all. We really need to give you exploders curmudgeon title. Why is it that NOTHING that Disney has done lately has met with your approval?? Or have I missed a positive comment somewhere? If so, I apologize in advance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom