More Screamscape Rumors---any validity?

coasterphil

I'd really just like to see them update it so its actually rideable. I couldn't believe how sick I felt when I got off it earlier this year. Its like the moves of the vehicle had nothing to do with the film. I don't remember feeling that way the first time I rode it 4 years ago.

dxwwf3

I'm a rather tall person and I can't sit in the back row of BTTF. It really gives me a headache. I also wish they could update the attraction as well. But the BTTF property is too valuable to be replaced all together, IMO.

PencilTest

I'm up on the air on the whole thing, really. Personally, I didn't grow up watching the BTTF movies, so it's not like the ride holds any emotional anchor with me. But I can see why other folks like 'em. And like a lot of people here've said, it is an older ride that could do with a refurb. It's such a gamble to replace a high profile ride like that, unless you know that the replacement is gonna be a sure thing with audiences. Count yer blessings, they coulda replaced it with "Battlefield Earth" before that movie came out and immediately bombed (...eeewwww...)

'Course it's kinda funny that, if this were true, it's taken 17 years for them to get off their duffs and create a "Simpsons" ride. Good job, guys! Way to strike while the iron's hot!

("Duffs"? Get it? Hah!)

darthjohnny

I like Back to the Furture, both the ride and the movies. Now they say they will put a Simpsons ride. Will this be anything like that Simpsons Roadrage videogame? Screamscape is usually a reliable source, although it seems that some people on this forum don't like it. But they always tell you if it is just an up-in-the-air rumor, or a seriously confirmed fact.

kcnole

I'd really just like to see them update it so its actually rideable. I couldn't believe how sick I felt when I got off it earlier this year. Its like the moves of the vehicle had nothing to do with the film. I don't remember feeling that way the first time I rode it 4 years ago.

It's been that way ever since it opened. I remember riding it way back when the park was new and getting sick as a dog on it. Everybody in my family did. It's always been bad about making you sick.

coasterphil

Maybe it has something to do with the height then like dxwwf3 said. I would've been about a foot shorter when I rode it the first time. Another thing is that I may have been in the front the other trip as well.

I really can't imagine them doing anything with The Simpsons. That show has pretty much run its course, but I guess that they might be thinking it'll have a big boost due to the upcoming movie.

Legacy

From Screamscape
2007 - The Simpsons / Back To The Future Replacement - Rumor - (7/21/06) A Screamscape source tell us that a new Simpson’s themed ride was confirmed to them as the replacement for Back To The Future. This has apparently been a very hush-hush project in the works for awhile now (much like the Simpson’s film) and the two companies are said to be working on big plans to connect the hype for the film and new ride(s) next summer.
It may be Screamscape... but this is one of those rumors that I would be VERY inclined to believe. I'll ask my sources and see if they know anything, but I honestly feel that this is the real deal.

dxwwf3

Replacing BTTF with The Simpsons would be like replacing Voyage of the Little Mermaid with an Oliver & Co. show. The Simpsons is not something current (should have made the movie YEARS ago) and isn't as big of a deal as BTTF is. If you are going to replace one of the signature attractions in all of Universal Orlando, at least bring a big name, current proprety to the table. Now in all fairness to the rumor, just because the Simpsons aren't a big deal anymore doesn't mean they can't make a good attraction based on them. But why not put them in the old Nick Studio? I know Universal is using that building for other things right now, but that studio seems big enough to house a large attraction and it would be good for themeing being near other animated attractions.

MagliteL13

dxwwf3 said:
Well, IMO, Kongfrontation was one of the worst theme park attractions ever. While I don't think ROTM is the best thing in the world, it is still a huge improvement in my book. I would love to see Kong gets its own area at IOA, but that's just dreaming.

If BTTF HAD to be replaced, why not try and work something with King Kong in that area? It would be much better and more recent than The Simpsons.

Personally, I just couldn't imagine a Universal Studios park without a Back to the Future attraction though.
That area is technically World Expo which can pretty much be a free-for-all. That being said, almost anything could work there. I'd love to see something with The Simpsons or Family Guy. USF, however, is primarily based around movies again (with Nick Studios gone) so I think Simpsons and Family Guy are both out. Every attraction there is designed to bring the guest into the movies. Having a cartoon themed attraction would be great there though, being so close to KidZone.

kcnole

You do realize there's a Simpson's movie coming out next year don't you. I think that's why there's that rumor. The guess is that they'll tie it into the movie.

The reason they don't just build it in another empty area is because it's cheaper for Universal to just build it in a building that's already in use and keep the same amount of attractions rather than add another attraction. It's the way Universal has worked quite a bit lately.

nyy102

The fact is that both a Simpsons movie and a Simpsons ride are too late. The Simpsons is way past its prime, and most people I know stopped watching about five years ago, when it stopped being funny. BTTF is supposedly being replaced because its not current, but The Simpsons is? I guess to continue their efforts to modernize BTTF and the area around it they should set up a stand that sells pet rocks, replace MIB with a ride themed to Miami Vice, and encourage flagpole sitting.

Legacy

Honestly... I think it would be awesome to gut Nick Studios and build Springfield inside it... similar to Studio 1 at Disney Studios in Paris...

Just a thought.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Legacy said:
Honestly... I think it would be awesome to gut Nick Studios and build Springfield inside it... similar to Studio 1 at Disney Studios in Paris...

Just a thought.
That'd be awesome and would allow for another restaurant and store to be built....

Although I hope nothing like that would happen too soon because I like the TNA Wrestling line where it is right now in the old Nick Studios queue (although it'd be nice to have the damn fans and televisions turned on sometime! :fork: ). :lookaroun :lol:

MagliteL13

kcnole said:
You do realize there's a Simpson's movie coming out next year don't you. I think that's why there's that rumor. The guess is that they'll tie it into the movie.

The reason they don't just build it in another empty area is because it's cheaper for Universal to just build it in a building that's already in use and keep the same amount of attractions rather than add another attraction. It's the way Universal has worked quite a bit lately.
No, I honestly didn't, but I'm very glad to hear it. (Man I've been outta the loop.) In that case, by all means, go at the BttF building.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
I hope they sell the BTTF ride vehicles.... cause I will be the first in line to purchase one. :sohappy:

Does Universal eBay any of their ride vehicles like Disney does?

Anyone know how I can get my hands on one... when they start to gut the BTTF building? :confused:

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
DMC-12 said:
I hope they sell the BTTF ride vehicles.... cause I will be the first in line to purchase one. :sohappy:

Does Universal eBay any of their ride vehicles like Disney does?

Anyone know how I can get my hands on one... when they start to gut the BTTF building? :confused:
I am really hoping for the shirts they wear there (Doc's 2015 train shirt) to show up on eBay, I'm dying to get one. :lol:

Anyways, today at the park I talked to a guy I know who works merchandise in World Expo. He said he hasn't heard a thing about BTTF closing (but he's going to look into it tomorrow). It'd be nice to see this just be another rumor....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom