More Screamscape Rumors---any validity?

MagliteL13

NemoRocks said:
I am really hoping for the shirts they wear there (Doc's 2015 train shirt) to show up on eBay, I'm dying to get one. :lol:

Anyways, today at the park I talked to a guy I know who works merchandise in World Expo. He said he hasn't heard a thing about BTTF closing (but he's going to look into it tomorrow). It'd be nice to see this just be another rumor....

I'll second the guy from World Expo. Haven't heard anything from New York...wink wink. I'll ask around.

dxwwf3

No news is definitely good news right now. I'll say it again, if BTTF absolutely HAS to be replaced, why not use something like King King (2005 version, not the 76 Kongfrontation-based version) or another current property instead of the Simpsons. But I think it would be great if they would just update the attraction and keep the BTTF theme with a different storyline possibly.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
dxwwf3 said:
No news is definitely good news right now. I'll say it again, if BTTF absolutely HAS to be replaced, why not use something like King King (2005 version, not the 76 Kongfrontation-based version) or another current property instead of the Simpsons. But I think it would be great if they would just update the attraction and keep the BTTF theme with a different storyline possibly.
I would've loved to see Miami Vice if it had done better at the box office.... :( :lookaroun

disneydaft

NemoRocks said:
I would've loved to see Miami Vice if it had done better at the box office.... :( :lookaroun

Did they ever have the Miami Vice show at USF?

I remember seeing it back in 93 at USH, that and the Wid West Show were my favourite attractions back then. :animwink:

As for BTTF if they are not going to close it down they really need to refurb it, last year the screen on the left had quite a few bad tears.

JROK

disneydaft said:
Did they ever have the Miami Vice show at USF?

I remember seeing it back in 93 at USH, that and the Wid West Show were my favourite attractions back then. :animwink:

They used to have the Dynamite Stunt Spectacular in the lagoon as like a 'nightly fireworks/stunt show' which involved boat chases, explosions, boat jumps, machine guns, and the Miami Vice theme song... that was about as close as they get for USF...

Legacy

Back to the topic...

Interestingly enough... my source just told me that they are NOT building anything with the Simpsons. What makes it even more interesting is that I didn't ask about it, but was flat out told in conjuction with some HHN stuff. Sounds to me like Uni might know the rumor, and thinks it's rediculous.

No telling now.

kcnole

My guess is that like most rumors there is some truth, but most is just hearsay. I have to laugh when I hear about everyone with a source. It's normally a friend who says they know somebody, but who turns out to be a friend of a CM or something like that.

I wouldn't doubt that the idea for a Simpson's ride has not been mentioned and is a possibility, but is not in stone. It may have been one at some point and cast aside for another idea. So I'll wait until I hear something official before getting worked up.

BTTF has run it's course and is severely dated now and needs some major work. So as long as it is replaced with something better than what is there I'll be happy. If it's just something cheap like Fast and the Furious then I'll be disapointed.

Paixao

The building which houses the ride consists of two large indoor domes. Each dome houses multiple stories with multiple rows and many ride vehicles. One of these domes has already been shut down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom