More places to get beer and wine at the Magic Kingdom

NMBC1993

Well its seems you sure could care less...

WOW. Well, as Drunken Idiot, I would like to respectfully disagree with you. But at the end of the I guess I couldn't care less about your view of me but think your grouping off all people that consume alcohol as a drunken idiot may be reaching.

Hey, I have nothing against you personally. If you want to drink, fine. But does it have to readily be available at all time 24/7? I come from a family of alcoholics, I was raised by a family that used the excuse of "paying bills" to sneak away and have a glass of scotch, just so no one would notice them drinking during the day. So I'm sorry that I have a negative view of the substance, but it ruins lives and even if people don't want to admit it. Alcohol causes addiction. It's a poison, that's why people have hangovers...because the body isn't designed to take in the substance.

Again, I apologize if I offended you. But the greatest sin of all is to take offense when none was intended.

Dawnh16

Hey, I have nothing against you personally. If you want to drink, fine. But does it have to readily be available at all time 24/7? I come from a family of alcoholics, I was raised by a family that used the excuse of "paying bills" to sneak away and have a glass of scotch, just so no one would notice them drinking during the day. So I'm sorry that I have a negative view of the substance, but it ruins lives and even if people don't want to admit it. Alcohol causes addiction. It's a poison, that's why people have hangovers...because the body isn't designed to take in the substance.

Again, I apologize if I offended you. But the greatest sin of all is to take offense when none was intended.

Sorry for your troubles but not everyone who drinks is destined to become an alcoholic. Got 'em in my family too but its not contagious.

baymenxpac

nah, man. alcohol doesn't cause addiction. addiction causes addiction. it's a disease.

i'm truly sorry your family suffered from it. mine has, too. and if completely staying away from it helps you deal, that's cool. but for the majority of the society, alcohol is just a ubiquitous product that can be consumed in moderation. having access to it in the magic kingdom isn't evident of a moral decay in society.

keep your chin up though. i mean that sincerely. and don't be afraid to reach out to someone if you're having a hard time coping with family stuff.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I'm astonished anyone can afford to get drunk at a Disney park.

Some are lightweights, others save for the experience that cant be easily replicated at home, and some, like me,
0CCAE39EBDB040CC75849E1552791D08428FDF23
are just loaded and its a mere bagatelle.

skimbob

I don't have a problem with the sit down restaurants serving alcohol at MK. Having beer and wine kiosks however would not be a good idea. I like to have a Belgium beer at BOG but I don't go around any of the parks slogging liquor. I do know there are idiots who don't know when to stop. When I was in the emergency room at Celebration Hospital they brought some guy in from Epcot who was drinking and managed to fall and cut his head open. BTW I wasn't the guy I was in there dealing with kidney stones. That was a fun trip for me.

Goofyernmost

Well its seems you sure could care less...

WOW. Well, as Drunken Idiot, I would like to respectfully disagree with you. But at the end of the day I guess I couldn't care less about your view of me but think your grouping off all people that consume alcohol as a drunken idiot may be reaching.
As an X-smoker, I would respectfully disagree with the idiocy that attempted to make smoking a criminal event. When I was a smoker, I was practically militant about my right to cater to my addiction. But, you know what, no matter what spin I attempted to put on it, it really was not a good thing to do, especially in a crowd of people. I was wrong about that, but, didn't see what I was doing until I finally realized what I was doing to myself.

I know the argument about... well, my drinking doesn't hurt anyone else while your smoking affected everyone. That too is a lot of bullcrap and you folks know it. I don't care if you folks drink until you fall on your face, but, I also would like to ask how long you can go without that precious drink. If it isn't the duration of a day at a theme park, one might consider that they have a problem and try to fix it before it consumes them and harms everyone around them. More families have been harmed directly by alcohol consumption then all the cigarettes in the world. Reality is a tough concept to swallow, alcohol is easy. It is not needed in Magic Kingdom anymore then smoking is. It's a place for families and children, not a bar where people go to somehow soften life's little disappointments.

Animaniac93-98

Bring it on. I like to sit down to my evening meal with a glass of wine on my vacation. Having beer and wine available at TS locations would not make a park full of drunk guests. Unless they started filling the park with booze kiosks.

This. Epcot has problems because drinking is sold as a game/challange and booze is easily obtained without being paired with food.

If MK adopted the DLP model of alcohol only at TS restaurants, the park would survive just fine.

PJBuckeye

In the Parks
Yes
Great....just great.

If this comes to pass, why even try to follow Walt's vision anymore? Just open a micro-brewery in the old Tomorrowland Arcade and sell different craft beers representing all the lands of MK. Heck, why not create alcoholic chewing gum and go the full mile...

These are excellent ideas

Alice a

Magic kingdom has such subpar food, a glass of wine could only help develop some sorely lacking flavor.

Also, it's such a stressful park, with the crowds and fast-pass Windows, etc. that it might be nice to have a nice libation and remember that I'm on vacation and to relax a little, something I have no problem with sans-booze at the other 3 parks...

Goofyernmost

Why do you think fanatics go to MK in the first place?

"Where people go to soften life's little disappointments" doesn't have the same ring as "Happiest Place on Earth," but...
OK, so do one or the other, to soften life either go to a bar and get wasted or go to MK and have a good, fun time. It really shouldn't have to be both.

BuddyThomas

When I use the term "drunken idiots" I'm not simply talking about the people who can barely walk or form words, I'm talking about anyone who feels the need to drink, period. The people who feel the need to have a drink as soon as they wake up. The people who are so compelled to have a drink that they can't control themselves enough to wait till their kids are asleep or till they make it back to their resort. Like I said, why is it SO important to have alcohol available in every location on the planet? WDW doesn't sell cigarettes, but what about the people at Disney who want a smoke? Shouldn't we accommodate to them as well? "Oh, but smoking as a deadly, gross habit..." and what exactly is alcohol then?

According to an article entitled "Alcohol Consumption: Losing a Sense of Self" by Leah Rayner (http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/biology/b103/f01/web3/rayner.html) - "If one drinks two drinks in one hour or one reaches a blood alcohol level of .02 - .06% the association area of the cerebrum is progressively affected. This impairs one's ability to reason as well his/her judgement."

So it's not really a matter of the "worst kind of drunks" that I'm worried about, I'm worried about the amount of people who have reached any blood alcohol level that could affect the people around them. Magic Kingdom caters to a large crowd of guests everyday, more so than DHS or DAK. In my opinion, Magic Kingdom is barely tolerable as it is, without the booze. What happens when the WDW management decides that Magic Kingdom needs it's own Food and Wine style event? It's a slippery slope. "Give them an inch, they'll take a mile". So, I personally say just cut them off before things get out of hand.
Oh dear God. It looks like another prohibitionist has crawled up on his giant soapbox screeching fire and brimstone to anyone who would dare to take a drink while.........wait for it...........on vacation!!!!!!

Listen pal, I don't know what happened to you in life to make you think you need to be the world police and declare what is and isn't appropriate for people on.......wait for it........vacation!!

But I got a little news flash for ya: People have been enjoying adult beverages in the Magic Kingdom for years. I don't know when the flask was invented but it it has been around longer than Cinderella's Castle. I myself prefer a magical water bottle. Those Dole Whips sure are extra delicious when the thickness is thinned out with a little splash of vod......errrr.......Dasani.

And even those who are more righteous and upstanding citizens than my gutter trash self are not necessarily stone cold sober at the Kingdom. A few Lapu Lapus at Poly or a wine flight at the Contemporary are just two of endless choices available to you just outside the park gates.

So if someone on a very expensive vacation would like to relax with a drink, it is absolutely none of your business and you should frankly mind your own. And if you happen to spot one of these out of control "drunks" in the MK and they are disrupting your vacation, that's what they have security for. But you shouldn't worry too much about it. You have a better chance of spotting a purple Yeti.
;)

BuddyThomas

Okay so that explains your extreme point of view. Very sorry to hear of your family's issues but you have to remember that everyone who drinks does not fall into such a category. And also, that it is a vacation, and adults might want to have adult beverages on vacation. It should not have anything to do with you unless someone is actively disrupting your experience in some way. And that's a point to tap security on the shoulder.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom