More offsite hotels to offer Extra Magic Hours and extended FastPass+ booking window

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
We’re heading for two things In the near future:
  1. Big AP Increases
  2. A la carte pricing all Over the place.
I never had any doubts...but the timing and rollouts seem
Shockingly quick to me.

Only one thing can stop it.

While the prices I'm sure will go up, there was no February AP Increase, which was expected by many. At WDW they need the AP holders, at the DLR they do not, so I don't expect a price increase until October, and even then I don't think it will be on the same percentage as the increase last year.

Couple of observations:
There have been no additional blackout dates around SWGE like at DLR for WDW AP Holders.
AP Holders and tiered pricing (to an extent) are the only thing right now which keep the keep the parks crowds spread out.
AP Holders coupled with festivals are the only thing keeping EPCOT alive at the moment.
Extensive discounting and offers for AP members, especially room only discounts.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This is both brazenly confident (in all the crowds that will materialize post-Galaxy’s Edge) and dismissive of those who’ve been loyal to the increasingly overpriced Disney resorts.

And frankly, I think Disney knows what they’re doing here; people might be annoyed but they’re still going to show up.

This is the only thing that matters in any price discussion anymore...

WDW clientele has - collectively - become nothing short of “stupid”. Or “self abusive” if you want to use that term.

It was never about the money or means, it’s always about self respect and how intelligent you are with it.

Some things do and don’t make sense...not everything can be explained away with an opinion poll.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
While the prices I'm sure will go up, there was no February AP Increase, which was expected by many. At WDW they need the AP holders, at the DLR they do not.

Couple of observations:
There have been no additional blackout dates around SWGE like at DLR for WDW AP Holders.
AP Holders and tiered pricing (to an extent) are the only thing right now which keep the keep the parks crowds spread out.
AP Holders coupled with festivals are the only thing keeping EPCOT alive at the moment.
Extensive discounting and offers for AP members, especially room only discounts.

That just shows me - with a lot of forecasting experience - that their forecasting is not showing anything great. If it were...you’d see a lot of blocks and extra fees rolled out.

But that doesn’t mean developments like these aren’t longterm damaging to the overall product.

The BOBS specialize in that. Why on earth would they care?

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
That just shows me - with a lot of forecasting experience - that their forecasting is not showing anything great. If it were...you’d see a lot of blocks and extra fees rolled out.

But that doesn’t mean developments like these aren’t longterm damaging to the overall product.

The BOBS specialize in that. Why on earth would they care?

Unlike DLR, WDW has to worry about filling up the other 3 parks once SWGE opens. I'm very confident that many AP holders and locals, even those with moderate interest ins SWGE are going to try to avoid the entire property because they don't want to deal with the craziness. I seem to think at WDW, SWGE (after the opening month or so) will not bring more people to the other parks. Pandora did not lead to contribute to any major change of people going to EPCOT or DHS or MK for example. If Disney were to get greedy with AP holders, there is a good risk of alienating many of them and as a result hurting the rest of their parks.

DonaldDoleWhip

This seems ... odd. Why increase the number of offsite properties who receive Disney perks when you're expanding the number of resorts on property and hoping to increase guests staying on property? Seems like you're fighting against yourself.
I would’ve thought the same, but they’re confident the demand will exist for both soon enough.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
This seems ... odd. Why increase the number of offsite properties who receive Disney perks when you're expanding the number of resorts on property and hoping to increase guests staying on property? Seems like you're fighting against yourself.

Well they already allow the Hilton hotels at Disney Springs to participate. This seems like it is an extension of that. I imagine that Hilton's goal all along was to get the same perks for their Bonnet Creek properties and probably lobbied Disney to make this happen.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

They really are not “expanding on property”

Timeshares are a different category entirely...as is a business/convention tower at Coronado...

Beyond that...it’s flamingo crossing...which again doesn’t represent anything close to the great Eisner expansion era

seascape

This is just a thought and I don't think this will happen but based on Jim Hill's latest pod cast WDW is taking all sorts of steps to cut down on its carbon footprint. Now if they are extremely serious about this why would they not extend the Gondola line that connects Hollywood Studios to the Caribbean Beach stop all the way through Typhoon Lagoon and to Disney Springs. This would cut down on the carbon footprint. The problem is what land is between those possible stops? Bonnet Creek. Now, WDW cant give Wyndham's timeshare extra magic hours but they can charge the other hotels for them and also provide a Gondola stop, which of course would also serve Wyndham. So if Disney and RCID were to just look at traffic and car pollution and the fact that the BC resorts are in the RCID transportation infrastructure then they should consider this provided the BC resorts contribute to the costs.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This is just a thought and I don't think this will happen but based on Jim Hill's latest pod cast WDW is taking all sorts of steps to cut down on its carbon footprint. Now if they are extremely serious about this why would they not extend the Gondola line that connects Hollywood Studios to the Caribbean Beach stop all the way through Typhoon Lagoon and to Disney Springs. This would cut down on the carbon footprint. The problem is what land is between those possible stops? Bonnet Creek. Now, WDW cant give Wyndham's timeshare extra magic hours but they can charge the other hotels for them and also provide a Gondola stop, which of course would also serve Wyndham. So if Disney and RCID were to just look at traffic and car pollution and the fact that the BC resorts are in the RCID transportation infrastructure then they should consider this provided the BC resorts contribute to the costs.

I surmise that if they pull off a good logistic flow with one or two years weather/crowd cycles...

You’ll see DAK area line...probably first. And then maybe Disney springs.

They have an existing transport system that is extremely costly and inefficient as well.
Nobody wants to hear it...but it’s silly to think a replacement isn’t on the table

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This angers me. Disney further erodes the value of its resort guest perks and that's supposed to be OK? I've also heard that Disney is thinking about selling FP for Star Wars attractions. Disney doesn't doesn't think that we are smart enough to notice these slaps in the face.

The problem - and i’m on your side - is there is very little empirical evidence to support your claims.

Some...not enough.

The “great equalizer” for WDW pricing and value is honestly way overdue. It’s showing

Patcheslee

I know Disney IT isn't sophisticated enough to handle this, but if they want to extend a FP benefit to certain hotels I sure wish it could be 45 days instead of 60. Give them a jump on the 30-day folks but still keep the 60-day window as a perk for DISNEY guests.
I was thinking the same thing while reading this. Or do it as 60 days from checkout like they apparently do the CL extra cost FP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom