More MK cutbacks!!

disneydudette

Original Poster
Here we go again.......sorces tell me that in May......Mk is cutting back on spectromagic and fantasy in the sky fire works!!! only on several days will these attractions be prefromed!!!

Not to mention that with the new opening and closing times posted......MK looks at early closing for Most of May.

Of course.......the one week I go down theres no spectro magic and fantasy in the sky fireworks except for one day!! What a rip!!

:fork:

DisJosh

Yeah no biggy if you ask me. I've seen the fireworks and parades before and once is enough for those things. Just use that time to something more fun! :)

NowInc

Oh dam...this makes me mad because now that window of time is gone when I can go ride the rides with NO lines while everyone else is going "oooh...ahhh" at the fireworks...

...seriusly tho...o well..no skin off my butt ;)

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Spectromagic has already been cut way back so that's not a shocker.....i figured the fireworks would follow.

niteobsrvr

Perspective People!

May is still considerably slower than the peak periods. The hours posted for May are typical for that time. Last year during this time period Spectro and Fantasy in the Sky were basically Saturday night shows with an occasional Friday thrown in and that is it.

Honestly, the only time the Magic Kingdom is open late is Summer (June through August) and during Holidays.

If you want longer hours come during those times. Of course, the crowds are twice as big or more and you will spend the extra time doing less.

:hammer:

zenatoad

It stinks that the hours are short in May, but there are plenty of other stuff to do.

However, I think that the fireworks are such a part of the experience of the MK. Even if you choose not to view them - the sounds and smell just make the evening experience. It's all part of the MAGIC. I'm 31 years old and I still remember the colors, sounds, and even the smell of the fireworks from when I was a small child. The image of the castle with the fireworks around it just dominates my memories. We have adjusted our schedule at WDW to include a Saturday night at MK just for this reason. It's a MUST experience.

May is still considerably slower than the peak periods. The hours posted for May are typical for that time

I have to disagree.

We have been going down the 2nd week in May for the last 3 years and in 2000 the average MK hours in May were from 9-9, in 2001 hours were cut to 9-8, now this year the average is 9-7, plus in 2000 and 2001 there was EE and E-ride nights that added hours. You add that all together, the hours are signifigantly shorter than in the past.

wdwfan22

It seems to me as if towards the end of May could be considered the beginning of the summer season. The operating hours have always been extended towards the end of the month. This year will be different though. Park hours have been tweaked and all May E-Ride Nights have been cancelled. The only reason there giving for the changes is that park hours are subject to change.

HMFan

Well here adds insult to injury. Disney just cancelled all of their E-nights in May!!!! So mad... I'm staying at the Beach Resort and now I have no E-night. Grrrr......

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
umm.. you guys don't pay much attention to park events do you?

MAY IS GRAD NITE!

All nightime events at MK, the fireworks, E-rides, and parades, ARE CANCELLED FOR THE MONTH.

This is the same EVERY YEAR. It was like that last year, the year before, and it'll be the same this year and next year too.

They'll be back in june.

SykedOwt

The Cutbacks are probably for some lousy reason. But before this becomes and Eisner Post Disney Actully is losing money for everytime they close the park early. So the early closings is just more or less a waste for both sides.

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by SykedOwt
The Cutbacks are probably for some lousy reason.

argh!!!

THEY'RE NOT CUTBACKS!!!!

It's grad nite!! An event held during nights in the month of may. They've held this event since the 70's in WDW and the 60's in DL.

And they will continue holding it in the future..

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by happy snapper
If grad night is every May how come I have managed to avoid it/them for the last two years?

Because you're not a US high school senior. The event is restricted to seniors in US high schools. It is their private party. They have DJ's and live bands playing in the park and provate showings of the nightly fireworks for them.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
No you dobber what i meant was ive been for the last two years during May and still had fireworks, parades and E ride nights. So why is this year different. And No its true I havnt attended American High School and boy do I feel Ive missed out.

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by happy snapper
No you dobber what i meant was ive been for the last two years during May and still had fireworks, parades and E ride nights. So why is this year different. And No its true I havnt attended American High School and boy do I feel Ive missed out.

they still hold them in may, just not on the normal weekend nights. Plus, remember.. Disney changes times rather constantly. It just irritates me when people scream "CUTBACK" before they know the whole story.

btw- what's a dobber?

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I am single handedly trying to spread the use of Scottish slang words.
A dobber is a less harsh way of saying fool/idiot, normally used if someone makes a mistake. you could also use the word muppet,
However should you wish to call some one an idiot, you would use the word eejit ( no doubt this has some French Gaelic history but is favoured in bars in Glasgow at about 10pm)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom