More MK cutbacks!!

Dwarful

Well, I like to think that we do act mature...however, we can still be disappointed or upset right?? Why did they post E-Ride nights for May and then cancel??? Trust me when we buy the E-Ride nights we end up spending more money than we normally would...extra snacks and more time in the Emporium when its not packed! Still, I would think they could affoard to do this one night a week and same with the parade. One night a week is not too much to ask when you are spending thousands of dollars for a vacation! Our family is 8 people for 10 nights..trust me its not cheap and I do feel disappointed that we wont get the advantage of E-Ride nights since they stopped the EE days! We cant change our dates of travel...as airline tickets are already purchased and my husband is not high enough of the totem pole to get different time on the vacation board. We prefer Oct /Nov but had to settle for May. I know we will still have a great time its just disappointing and I think that was the whole point of the original post.

Im not really upset about the E-Ride nights and I know that some people who go to disney all the time can do without fireworks or parades. But when you wait 11 months for your vacation to come and your taking your children there for the first time (ages 2 and 3) and they wont get to see the fireworks or the spectromagic parade at the Magic Kingdom thats whats sad. I know we will have a great time regardless but to me the fireworks over the castle is one of the higlights that I remember from being a kid. 12 days till Disney.

Dwarful

Hey Tommyboy, I know exactly how you feel. Our girls are 2,5 & 8 the oldest two have talked non stop about the SpecialMagic parade! You know I will be staking my spot probably 2 hours early since they only are having it once in the 10 days we will be there! My husband can take the kids on rides or something while I have the stollers parked with me on the curb on MainStreet USA! Shame it has to be that way. I still think they could do it once a week at least!

theSnowman

Originally posted by Sansaarai

If there are events that are not going to be performed while you are staying you can:

A. Change the time you are going.
B. Suck it up and act mature about it.
C. Try something different.

Sure no problem.......

A. I'll send you the bill for the airline penalties for changing my flights.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Whether we like it or not, the world is a little different now than it was a year ago.

The amount of times Ive heard this phrase rolled out. Im surprised it hasnt been used as the reasoning behind global warming. Oh i forgot that doesnt exist.
Some companys have very cynically exploited this for commercial or internal restructuring reasons. If Disney is struggling that badly then you have to question the buisness acumen of its board. A resort too many? Poor acquisitions. Lack of originality in core areas.
I think what we have here is two distinct concerns.
1. That all of the Disney values will gradually be eroded at the alter of the balance sheet.
2. Disney is treating its "Guests" like bad paying customers, with poor communication, failing to deliver product as advertised, and trading on a reputation earned and its guests goodwill.

If people except reduced standards then thats what becomes the standard. Trust me this country is expert at producing second rate!

Dwarful

Ive got to agree with Happy SNapper on this point...we do get suckered into accepting second rate as the only option. I remember as a child going to SixFlag Mid America in StLouis..now its crap..used to be a great theme park..different owners..big cut backs..now its full of attractions you have to pay extra for after buying a $40 ticket! How long will it be before DIsney takes this approach?? I strongly recommend making complaints to Disneys head offices..I have done so already! I even put in the amount our group of 8 is spending for 10 nights at their resort. plus all the extras...if enough people complain they will make changes..they cant affoard to lose their guests...and they cant affoard to treat the guests like crap because we wont keep coming back for more if they do!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom