More MK cutbacks!!

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Originally posted by happy snapper
I am single handedly trying to spread the use of Scottish slang words.
A dobber is a less harsh way of saying fool/idiot, normally used if someone makes a mistake. you could also use the word muppet,
However should you wish to call some one an idiot, you would use the word eejit ( no doubt this has some French Gaelic history but is favoured in bars in Glasgow at about 10pm)

ahh..

i'm not scottish though. I'm a Spaniard from Puerto Rico who grew up in California and lives in Florida (confusing huh?)

What do I know about Scotland... good whiskey, and hard skulls.

mkt

Premium Member

I think that the two evolved together. Its how man adapted to the constant falling over.

i'll trade you some of my 151 proof rum for some of your whiskey :fork:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
If its the rum with the "bat " device youre on. Have a bottle here but prefer there special dark one. Funny thing is Im not keen on whiskey apart from JD. My grandpa used to drive tankers of the stuff. Malts not JD I hasten to add.

mkt

Premium Member
the bat.. that's Bacardi. I took the tour of the distillery last month, and I loved the free samples. I brought back 2 cases of rum w/ me.

1 case of regular Bacardi
1/2 case of Bacardi 151
1/2 case of "Ron del Barrilito" (a PR only rum, the family that owns it refuses to export it)

I also bought back a few individual bottles of Don Q

disneydentist

Originally posted by mktiggerman

argh!!!

THEY'RE NOT CUTBACKS!!!!

It's grad nite!! An event held during nights in the month of may. They've held this event since the 70's in WDW and the 60's in DL.

And they will continue holding it in the future..

Out of idle curiosity, when in May? Over on WDWIG, Deb lists the dates for grad nites as 4/19, 4/20, 4/26, 4/27, and 5/3.

P.S. Hopefully this will steer this thread back in the right direction.

2much2do

There are only three grad nights listed in May according to the cms I spoke to last week. All the others are/were in April. So, what this means is that the shorter hours and lack of Spectro are NOT DUE TO GRAD NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HMFan

It's grad nite!! An event held during nights in the month of may. They've held this event since the 70's in WDW and the 60's in DL.
First off.... slow your roll. Secondly, grad nights are held mostly on the weekends and select weekdays... but not through the entire month of March. So far the only confirmed grad night for May is the 4th. I was hoping to go to the E-night of the 13th, but it had been cancelled and not due to a Grad Night either... there is no Grad Night on this date. Who knows why it was cancelled.

zenatoad

Originally posted by mktiggerman
umm.. you guys don't pay much attention to park events do you?

MAY IS GRAD NITE!

All nightime events at MK, the fireworks, E-rides, and parades, ARE CANCELLED FOR THE MONTH.

Obviously you don't pay attention to park events. Check with CRO or at least the calander - there are still parades and fireworks for the entire month of May - it's just only on certain weekend nights. Yes- the e-rides are cancelled, but if it's the same every year for grad nite then why on earth did they have them scheduled in the first place.

:brick:

Dwarful

OK, first off Happy Snapper you can educate me on all Scottish slang...I have company coming in from Jersey (one originally from Scotland...married to the Jersey man) and I am always asking for definitions and to repeat!

Now for this post...we too are going in May. I was DEVASTATED when I found out that for the 10 nights we will be there MK is having only one night w/fireworks and spectromagic parade! While its not a big deal to me...the girls (5 & 8) have been talking non stop about the SpecialMagic parade! The CM's called me back after I mailed them a letter of questions. They told me actually we would be best to avoid MK the entire day because of high crowds and just hop over an hour or two early for the parade. I totally understand..crowds are larger than off season yet we are paying the full price for things...even on nights when MK is closing at 9 they dont have the parade schedueled! I understand everyone doesnt like the parade..but enough people do to make it necessary to mark your territory early if the kids have a snowballs chance in ...to see!

Also the CM's did say that they had a few Grad nights early in May but not later so its not the entire month of May for grad nights or they wouldnt be able to offer the eride nights...funny we will hit 2 of those but only one night for parades.

Thespis

This is the same EVERY YEAR. It was like that last year, the year before, and it'll be the same this year and next year too.
I beg to differ. I've gone the last week in May every year for the past four years. There has never been a grad night the last week of May and for the last three years there has been at least one ERide night (usually two).
These are not cancellations due to Grad nights. I don't think they're cutbacks either, after all Eride nights require an additional admission and therefore generate additional revenue.
I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and hope that it's not a real cancellation just a rescheduling. I just wish they hadn't announced it only to take it back two weeks later...

mkt

Premium Member

Why were we staggering with all the rum and whiskey references.
cos rum and whisker are good.

njchris65

Ok.. I'm confused. Is it the whiskey talk?

Anyway.. it appears that from what I've read of the thread there are only one or two grad night days in May.

How does that account for cutting back hours less than last year as well as E-nights for May?

So, based on the comments in this thread it is NOT because of grad nights except for the one or two in May. The hours are less than last years and no E-nights, which is different than last year (according to other's experiences).

So.. I'd chalk it up to cut-backs.

niteobsrvr

Check the following link for official grad nite information:
Gradnites at DIsney

I think its important to point out now that the high-flying 90's are over. Early Entry, later hours, etc. were all added in the 90's due to the booming economy. Yep hours were later in 2000 and 2001. No one had tackled the World Trade Centers in those years either. Whether we like it or not, the world is a little different now than it was a year ago. Disney, while built on fantasy and magic, is not immune from the events of the past year either.

Disney's moves are what one would call prudent. Acting with caution until the economy is much healthier to insure their vitality into the future.

Additionally, we aren't in the clear from threats either economic or physical to our country either. Better to err on the side of caution now vs max everything out only to have something happen and find no one visiting again.

Dwarful

remember that Disneydudette was concerned with the cutbacks relating to the fireworks and spectromagic. She didnt mention E-rides at all....and in my opinion I think that they need to offer more of the fireworks and parade..esp. when they are open til 9pm. In their video the parade and fireworks are all hyped up and promoted. I feel that I am paying big bucks for my vacation and one of the things the kids want to see is the spectro magic parade. (I am not so concerned with the fireworks..as we see wonderful fireworks on the 4th of July at the VP Fair in StLouis)....but still if Disney promotes it like a ride or other attraction then it should be offered more than two or three times in a month!

Being the pack rat that I am I found the print out from our trip last year of the park hours.

We were there May 3-13 last year, 5-16 this year.

Park Hours for May 1-15, 2001

Magic Kingdom
May 1-9, 11, 13-15, 2001 - 9am - 8pm
May 10, 2001 - 9am - 10pm
May 12, 2001 - 9am - 11pm

E-Rides
1, 8, 15, 18, 22, 25

Future World
May 1-5, 7-15, 2001 - 9am - 9pm
May 6, 2001 - 9am - 4pm (a press event that day)

World Showcase
May 1-5, 7-12, 14-15, 2001 - 11am - 9pm
May 6, 2001 - 8am - 4pm (same press event as above)
May 13, 2001 - 9am - 9pm

Studios
May 1-4, 2001 - 9am - 8:30pm
May 5-6, 12-13, 2001 - 9am - 10:30 pm
May 7-11, 14-15, 2001 - 9am - 9pm

Animal Kingdom
May 1 - 15, 2001 - 8am - 5pm

OK, now compare with this year (plus no EE and E-rides)........you can't tell me there are no cutbacks!!

Sansaarai

Account Suspended
Originally posted by niteobsrvr
Check the following link for official grad nite information:
Gradnites at DIsney

I think its important to point out now that the high-flying 90's are over. Early Entry, later hours, etc. were all added in the 90's due to the booming economy. Yep hours were later in 2000 and 2001. No one had tackled the World Trade Centers in those years either. Whether we like it or not, the world is a little different now than it was a year ago. Disney, while built on fantasy and magic, is not immune from the events of the past year either.

Disney's moves are what one would call prudent. Acting with caution until the economy is much healthier to insure their vitality into the future.

Additionally, we aren't in the clear from threats either economic or physical to our country either. Better to err on the side of caution now vs max everything out only to have something happen and find no one visiting again.

Great post. I hope everyone will read this again and see how Disney is a bussiness. If there are events that are not going to be performed while you are staying you can:

A. Change the time you are going.
B. Suck it up and act mature about it.
C. Try something different.

I'm surpirsed this hasn't been blamed on Eisner yet...............

njchris65

Act Mature! OMG! But I let the kid out in me while I'm in Disney.. NOW I'm supposed to act mature. My head hurts. :)

I hope they have some Enights the first week of June. I've never done that before and was thinking of trying it this year. Oh well.. I'll just go out to eat or something else if they don't.

Regardless of the fact that Disney is a business and has to do what it needs to in order to survive (I don't blame them), it's still disappointing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom