More Info on UO's New Attractions

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by pheneix
Alright, lips are sealed now. Wait for the announcement for more details. ;)

The wait shouldn't be too long, if the marketing dept. has two brain cells to rub together (kind of a stretch for Universal's), it will be announced before the end of the year.

You're gonna make me wait 5 MONTHS???

Chestermunch

Hmmmmm.... sequel.... to a film we will have all seen?

Hasn't the green light been given for Indiana Jones? That's certainly one of Speilbergs and I'm positive there was talk of Back to the Future 4.

I know these already have rides or shows in Orlando, but these would be quality franchises to base a new attraction on.

Could it even be the Grinch?

I thought there was plans afoot to build a Jurrassic Park ride, based on the 'ride' around the park in the first film?

pheneix

Original Poster
>>>Hasn't the green light been given for Indiana Jones?<<<

That's an interesting choice. The crazy thing is that an Indiana Jones attraction could legitimately pop up at Universal now that the franchise belongs to Dreamworks. It sounds kind of nutty, but it's not impossible.

>>>there was talk of Back to the Future 4<<<

Last I heard they were not going forward with it for a multitiude of reasons, one of them being the age of the original cast.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by pheneix
>>>Hasn't the green light been given for Indiana Jones?<<<

That's an interesting choice. The crazy thing is that an Indiana Jones attraction could legitimately pop up at Universal now that the franchise belongs to Dreamworks. It sounds kind of nutty, but it's not impossible.

>>>there was talk of Back to the Future 4<<<

Last I heard they were not going forward with it for a multitiude of reasons, one of them being the age of the original cast.

The age of the original cast would have NOTHING to do with it...(think about it...they could be in the FUTURE...they were OLD in Part 2)

Secondly...this would not happen because M.J.Fox has "retired" because of his illness :(
And one more reason the last one (Part 3)...said "THE END"
Not... "To be continued" or "To be concluded"

bvolguards

Re: Re: More Info on UO's New Attractions

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53

Uh Oh...not looking good for WDW...COME ON!!! GET ON THE BALL...GIVE US SOMETHING AMAZING WDW!

They are its called Mission Space and will be ready in July of 2003

Chestermunch

.... or what about Star Wars? Isn't it well past time that a kick ride or show was created. I know that Disney Studios has the weakest flight simulator in the world very loosely based on Star Wars but Lucas has never been happy with it and who can blame him?

WDWFREAK53

Re: Re: Re: More Info on UO's New Attractions

Originally posted by bvolguards

They are its called Mission Space and will be ready in July of 2003

I have praised the fact the M:S is being built in MANY POSTS.

WE NEED MORE THAN ONE ATTRACTION THOUGH! (2 if you count Philharmagic)

Sketch105

I really don't get why Universal would do three new attractions in only one park. You would think the terms "spread the wealth" would apply here.

I guess it makes sense, seeing Universal's attractions are becoming "old hat" to what's next door.

Oh well. I was really looking forward to a new Jurassic Park attraction. Especially with all that land between the JP River Adventure and Dueling Dragons/Unicorn. We'll see what happens down the road.

rocketman23

I think Universal has a little more in store than riding a seemingly endless helix through cardboard cut-outs!:lol: Oops! This is a Disney site, probably shouldn't have said that!:p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom