More Info on UO's New Attractions

WDWspider

Originally posted by woofboy111

I thought sinbad was the worst stunt show anywhere. I hated it...

I agree... of course that's why I said to get rid of it. My point with Lost Continent is no identity. The other islands all have multiple movies. LC has none. Shrek could incorporate easily without losing everything, so could Hercules and Xena. But there are no movies tied in to that part of the park right now. They could add more without losing the theming it has now, just get something more familiar. Harry Potter is a great example also, then you'd have a lot going on in this section of IoA.

WDWspider

Originally posted by OnKoDiDu
I think Six Flags owns right to Scooby doo:veryconfu Could anyone confirm that?

Although Six Flags does have some Scooby rides, Paramount's has multiple Scooby rides also, so I don't think any one person owns them. Just like Nickelodeon, they are in Dollywood, Paramount's, and Universal (maybe more).

MKCustodial

Originally posted by spider-man

I agree... of course that's why I said to get rid of it. My point with Lost Continent is no identity. The other islands all have multiple movies. LC has none. Shrek could incorporate easily without losing everything, so could Hercules and Xena. But there are no movies tied in to that part of the park right now. They could add more without losing the theming it has now, just get something more familiar. Harry Potter is a great example also, then you'd have a lot going on in this section of IoA.

Well, I thought Universal was the one responsible for the movie rides. Because think about it, the only island with a movie is Jurassic Park. The others have characters that happen to have been turned into movies.

Originally posted by spider-man

Although Six Flags does have some Scooby rides, Paramount's has multiple Scooby rides also, so I don't think any one person owns them. Just like Nickelodeon, they are in Dollywood, Paramount's, and Universal (maybe more).

Warner Bros. has the rights to Hanna-Barbera, that's why Cartoon Network and Boomerang are as they are. And somebody around here said that The Funtastic World is leaving because of the AOL-Warner merge, and AOL being rival to someone connected with Universal (or something to that effect). And they're also a bunch of dumba$$es, started closing the Warner Stores which, to me, were just as cool as the Disney Stores. I don't care for DC Comics, but that Superman elevator at New York was just cool. :cool:

WDWFREAK53

Why not change the Funtastic World of Hanna Barbera into a SCOOBY ATTRACTION?!?!?! He's already in the show now...it'll be like a REFURBISHMENT not a TOTAL ATTRACTION CHANGE!

JLW11Hi

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
Why not change the Funtastic World of Hanna Barbera into a SCOOBY ATTRACTION?!?!?! He's already in the show now...it'll be like a REFURBISHMENT not a TOTAL ATTRACTION CHANGE!

Well, cutting out the rest of the characters would be considered a brand new attraction, but I still think that would be cool

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by JLW11Hi

Well, cutting out the rest of the characters would be considered a brand new attraction, but I still think that would be cool

Well, maybe ________ Dastardly and Muttley could be the "I would've got away with it if it wasn't for those darn kids and that dog" people :)

WDWFREAK53

Well, maybe ________ Dastardly and Muttley could be the "I would've got away with it if it wasn't for those darn kids and that dog" people :)

Richard Dastardly...sorry :)

MKCustodial

Scooby is still Hanna-Barbera, so still unusable. I wish Universal would just find a way to settle an agreement with Warner, because I'm totally sure the new Nickelodeon simulator is gonna flop big time. I for one don't care enough for any of their toons (except Rugrats) to get in line for a ride.

Sketch105

Originally posted by woofboy111

I thought sinbad was the worst stunt show anywhere. I hated it...

Nope. The BATMAN THRILL SPECTACULAR at Six Flags New England is the worst stunt show. At least Sinbad has an excellent set and better fireworks.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by Sketch105

Nope. The BATMAN THRILL SPECTACULAR at Six Flags New England is the worst stunt show. At least Sinbad has an excellent set and better fireworks.

THAT IS THE FUNNIEST SHOW...IT'S PATHETIC!!!

Wait...the Bat-Dirtbike is pretty impressive though...LOL HAHAHAHA

JBloom1029

i was told by oneof the general managers at universal that the new rides will be themed to jurassic park, jimmy neutron, and scorpion king. Kong and other older attractions will be updated but he didnt think theyd b replaced.

WDWspider

I highly doubt Scorpion King, Mummy maybe, Scorpion King - no! But there is a Shrek Attraction coming for sure, as well as Jimmy Neutron. JP is the possible other, but it is not confirmed so far.

Sketch105

I find it wierd that Universal, instead of making attractions based on their own movies, it is making attractions based on movies from Paramount/Nickelodeon (Jimmy) and Dreamworks (Shrek) instead. Although Hanna Barbara was not a Universal property either .(Warner Brothers/AOL Time Warner along with Cartoon Network) The set for Hanna Barbera is pretty much like the style of Jimmy Nuetron. All it would really take would be a redo of the ride film and pre-show.

This does not mean that I like Jimmy taking over. He really is not a strong property, but along with Spongebob Squarepants and all the other current tie-in Nick characters, it will certainly be a hit with kids.

I think Shrek was overrated. Yes, it was funny and entertaining but it had no heart to it (at least for me.) I was touched more by Monsters Inc. than Jeffery Katzenberg's loud, flatulent ogre. And what's with the cop-out ending huh? I thought you were making FUN of fairy tales, not going along with them!

Anyway, the only franchises pointed to should be Jurassic Park and The Mummy (the scorpion king was not a strong critical success to have it carry an attraction, it was merely a spin-off, not necessarily a prequel to the Mummy Returns/The Mummy), even though The Scorpion King 2 is in the works.

It makes more sense to have it be Jurassic Park though. Supposedly Steven Speilberg wants to direct a 4th one and take it in a new direction. And 2004 seems like a good release date. I would personally love to see what he has in mine.

Plus, it would allow IOA to have one big attraction and US to have two small attractions, plus it would leave Kong alone (for all you Kong fans. Personally, this attraction is nice but it had its run)

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by Sketch105
I find it wierd that Universal, instead of making attractions based on their own movies, it is making attractions based on movies from Paramount/Nickelodeon (Jimmy) and Dreamworks (Shrek) instead. Although Hanna Barbara was not a Universal property either .(Warner Brothers/AOL Time Warner along with Cartoon Network) The set for Hanna Barbera is pretty much like the style of Jimmy Nuetron. All it would really take would be a redo of the ride film and pre-show.

This does not mean that I like Jimmy taking over. He really is not a strong property, but along with Spongebob Squarepants and all the other current tie-in Nick characters, it will certainly be a hit with kids.

I think Shrek was overrated. Yes, it was funny and entertaining but it had no heart to it (at least for me.) I was touched more by Monsters Inc. than Jeffery Katzenberg's loud, flatulent ogre. And what's with the cop-out ending huh? I thought you were making FUN of fairy tales, not going along with them!

Anyway, the only franchises pointed to should be Jurassic Park and The Mummy (the scorpion king was not a strong critical success to have it carry an attraction, it was merely a spin-off, not necessarily a prequel to the Mummy Returns/The Mummy), even though The Scorpion King 2 is in the works.

It makes more sense to have it be Jurassic Park though. Supposedly Steven Speilberg wants to direct a 4th one and take it in a new direction. And 2004 seems like a good release date. I would personally love to see what he has in mine.

Plus, it would allow IOA to have one big attraction and US to have two small attractions, plus it would leave Kong alone (for all you Kong fans. Personally, this attraction is nice but it had its run)

I like Kong...but I wouldn't mind a change...I REALLY LIKE THE GHOSTBUSTERS IDEA...turning him into the Stay-Puft Marshmallow man!

rocketman23

So what will the movie be?

Since it will most likely be in IOA, I'm saying it will probably be JP4. X-Men is set for 2003 so that can't be it. Jumanji 2 would fit in the LC, but the movie isn't confirmed yet... However it will most likely be JP4, it is set to be made. Spielberg said in an interview: "You're talking to the guy who has got to decide, and at this point I've pretty much decided to do a Jurassic IV."

WDWFREAK53

I myself feel that it will either be JP4 or LOTR...

If you think about it...the last installment of LOTR will be Christmas time of 2003...and they said this attraction is slated to open in 2004...late 2003 opening...with it finishing off in the theaters by feb-march of 2004. PERFECT theming for the Lost Continent...but JP definitely needs something more.

Oh...and Harry 2 opens November 15th of THIS year...a little far off...unless they plan on making more.

MKCustodial

I myself feel that it will either be JP4 or LOTR...

If you think about it...the last installment of LOTR will be Christmas time of 2003...and they said this attraction is slated to open in 2004...late 2003 opening...with it finishing off in the theaters by feb-march of 2004. PERFECT theming for the Lost Continent...but JP definitely needs something more.

Oh...and Harry 2 opens November 15th of THIS year...a little far off...unless they plan on making more.

They're making the whole Potter series. But it's Warner. And I don't think LOTR is Universal, either.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by MKCustodial

They're making the whole Potter series. But it's Warner. And I don't think LOTR is Universal, either.

Warner is making the movie but I don't believe that they have Theme Park rights to it. I believe it is still up in the air. (along with LOTR)

rocketman23

Well, I doubt it's Harry Potter. He said it would be a thrill ride, and I would think Harry Potter would be a family ride if it was ever made since it is a family movie. LOTR I don't think will happen either, LC was the last to get a new ride and I don't see it fitting in here... if it's in the LC, I'm saying it'd be Jumanji 2. Otherwise, I'm thinking JP4.

Sketch105

It won't be LOTR. They don't own the property!!! Even if they did, they'd have a tough time fitting it in: The Lost Continent would have FIVE themes in one island: Medieval, Arab, Greek, Atlantis, and Middle Earth!
(unless they converted the medieval area into a middle earth area)

Hmmmm..Warner Bros. leases its characters to Six Flags parks...
oh no!!!! Not a Six Flags Lord of the Rings attraction!!!! How bout a zoomerang painted gold and black? with cut-outs of Frodo and Bilbo Baggins in the queue line??
:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Sorry. I couldn't resist. Have you seen the theming for the Batman: Dark Knight ride at SFNE????

Anyway, if they did do that (six flags+LOTR) which won't happen at all, it would be like Superman ride of steel (Again, this won't happen.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom