More expert Disney travellers

durangojim

November, probably better weather, and Christmas decorations are going up. In Jan you can have some cold weather and they start taking the decorations down.

Upvote 0
Problem with the first week in January is you'll have to deal with the WDW Marathon and the tens of thousands of people who come to run the races plus the transportation issues the races bring.

Upvote 0

bradybig

Funny you should ask about these dates---I had to make the same decision with the same dates. I am going 11/13-11/22. As previously mentioned, the F&W runs through 11/14. The Mickey X-mas party is going on and lights are up. No school breaks, so crowds are down (most schools are off the first week of January). No Marathon. Typically better weather. When you look them over, if you can really go either time, November is the better deal.:xmas:

Upvote 0

MillerPoppins

I've done both and both have their pros and cons.

January
Pro: *it's relatively low in crowds and you can pretty much walk on to every ride.
*some Christmas decorations are still up, but not all.
Con: *it can be chilly.
parks can close earlier then usual.

November
Pro: *Catching the last few days of the Epcot Food & Wine Festival
*Catching the first few days of MVMCP
*Crowds are moderate to usual
Con: *Jersey Week-NJ schools having a Teachers Convention for a week and
all of NJ apparently goes to WDW. Now, I'm from Jersey and had no idea
this goes on. My career entails me taking care of a LOT of NJ on their
recreational time. I don't need them to follow me on mine.
*Weekend in Epcot can be VERY CROWDED.

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

Raven66

I picked November for some of the reasons others have said........the decorations. They are so beautiful and not to be missed. But what ever you pick it will be great.

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

We prefer January. Less crowds. We don't go for the decorations as many prefer, but like seeing the parks in their 'natural' state. We've been during marathon and found no problems with traffic, crowds, etc.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom