More days at Epcot or Studios?

ThinkTink721

Which of the following scenarios would you choose & why?

2 1/2 days of a WDW trip - Epcot (including FW & the WS)
1 1/2 days of a WDW trip - Disney Studios

OR

2 1/2 days of a WDW trip - Disney Studios
1 1/2 days of a WDW trip - Epcot (including FW & the WS)

Please help me decide!
:veryconfu :brick: :D :wave:

I love MGM/Hollywood Studios - in fact, it may be my favorite park. Epcot is not my favorite, but I still enjoy it; depends on what kind of person/family/group you are.

Do you like shows? Not a lot of walking? Sit-down old fashioned American food and a taste of Hollywood?

I could spend days at MGM - between scheduling in the 25 min. or longer shows: Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Muppets, PlayHouseDisney, Indiana Jones, Highschool Musical, Lights/Motor/Action Stunt Show, and Fantasmic...and seeing the rest of the rides (tend to be longer, half-hour rides) such as Catastrophe Canyon, Great Movie Ride, Animation Tour, Star Tours, PLUS waiting in line for Tower of Terror and RRC...I could do two days easy at MGM. We love the restaurants there as well.

Do you like lots of walking? Drinking? Bands? Shopping? Scenery? Pricey but delicious non-American cuisine?

Then do Epcot - my parents could drink and walk around all day there and watch bands and do wine tastings and do some relaxing rides and shopping.

Future World of Epcot could keep kids occupied for half the day - the countries hold little appeal for restless youth (in my opinion.) At least at MGM they'd be sitting in shows, a few of which are air conditioned...

Have fun whatever you choose!

LOL...I just re-read my post and I sound like a Disney commercial...sorry about that!

Upvote 0

DisneyGigi

I love MGM/Hollywood Studios - in fact, it may be my favorite park. Epcot is not my favorite, but I still enjoy it; depends on what kind of person/family/group you are.

Do you like shows? Not a lot of walking? Sit-down old fashioned American food and a taste of Hollywood?

I could spend days at MGM - between scheduling in the 25 min. or longer shows: Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Muppets, PlayHouseDisney, Indiana Jones, Highschool Musical, Lights/Motor/Action Stunt Show, and Fantasmic...and seeing the rest of the rides (tend to be longer, half-hour rides) such as Catastrophe Canyon, Great Movie Ride, Animation Tour, Star Tours, PLUS waiting in line for Tower of Terror and RRC...I could do two days easy at MGM. We love the restaurants there as well.

Do you like lots of walking? Drinking? Bands? Shopping? Scenery? Pricey but delicious non-American cuisine?

Then do Epcot - my parents could drink and walk around all day there and watch bands and do wine tastings and do some relaxing rides and shopping.

Future World of Epcot could keep kids occupied for half the day - the countries hold little appeal for restless youth (in my opinion.) At least at MGM they'd be sitting in shows, a few of which are air conditioned...

Have fun whatever you choose!

LOL...I just re-read my post and I sound like a Disney commercial...sorry about that!
Great post...
I really enjoy MGM too ( I will never get used to Hollywood Studios..LOL)
I sometimes feel like I am the only person that does like it. We always spend at least 2 days there. It isn't a half day park for us. I agree it needs some love but I enjoy the shows there and ToT and RnRC (which will be down part of our trip if it had been down our entire trip we would have had a somewhat shorter visit there though)
My kids like Future World at EPCOT but then grow bored as we tour the World showcase, they are old enough now to understand that our vacation is about everybody though and they are good sports, plus they like the food there.

ThinkTink - I hope you have a great trip whatever you decide :wave:

Upvote 0
Great post...
I really enjoy MGM too ( I will never get used to Hollywood Studios..LOL)
I sometimes feel like I am the only person that does like it. We always spend at least 2 days there. It isn't a half day park for us. I agree it needs some love but I enjoy the shows there and ToT and RnRC (which will be down part of our trip if it had been down our entire trip we would have had a somewhat shorter visit there though)
My kids like Future World at EPCOT but then grow bored as we tour the World showcase, they are old enough now to understand that our vacation is about everybody though and they are good sports, plus they like the food there.
:wave:

:~) I know what you mean - everyone's always like, "Oh, MGM's only a half day park..." I couldn't get through it in a FULL day totally satisfied, much less a half!

I'm like your kids - now that I'm older, I DO appreciate the countries, but a casual stroll through them with a glass of wine is plenty for me. I prefer Future World, and World Showcase pretty much for the restaurants. I realize my parents and aunts/uncles love World Showcase...but instead of understanding that our vacation is about everybody (like your sweet kids), us cousins (ages 15-24) ditch the adults and head back to ride Splash Mt. or RRC :animwink: (To tell you the truth, sometimes I think they like it better that way...:lookaroun )

Upvote 0

DABIGCHEEZ

WDW has really let the Studios lapse. ToT, RnRC, maybe the Muppets, maybe Fantasmic...everything else is meh.
As usual Slappy is on point here.. MGM has become one great big :snore: for me. But kids still love it and something tells me I'll hhave to sleep through the same shows this year...... PLEASE CHANGE THESE SHOWS!!!!!!!!!!! Again just my 1 1/2 cents.

Upvote 0

Greenlawler

I say Epcot too, but my family really loves the characters and MGM has become a a great place for that at least. Plus i'll take Fantasmic over the fireworks at Epcot any day.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom