More CP questions...

pjs107

Original Poster
I know I am not going down to Disney for the partying or wild times with other college kids, but its bound to happen when you put college-aged cast members in close living quarters....

Do cast members tend to party a lot while doing the CP?

I know PI is closed, any other "hot spots" for nightlife? I heard Atlantic Dance was pretty popular...

joanna71985

It really depends. I know lots of people who went down there for the experience, but I also know others who went out partying a lot.

joanna71985

can you choose roomates? for example, can you and a friend both apply, get it, and room together?

Sure! As long as you and the friend both have the same check in/check out dates, are both under/over 21, and same gender you can room together. You just add them as a roomie on the CP website, under the roomie notification system.

Mikelo

Sure! As long as you and the friend both have the same check in/check out dates, are both under/over 21, and same gender you can room together. You just add them as a roomie on the CP website, under the roomie notification system.

Cool Thanks!

P.S. this might seem weird, but when I was watching Prince Caspian ealier this week I remembered you. Haha.

JenJas87

definitely places to have fun. I used to go to House of Blues on sundays with everyone i worked with. Buffalo wild wings is fun too and sometimes a bus will be available to CPs who want to go to the 18 plus clubs in Orlando. Im sure you will find plenty to do :p

waltsgrl89

cp questions

I am applying for Fall Advantage '09 and I am REALLLLLY nervous about getting in. I have always dreamed of being a part of Disney and this is my chance. Any advice concerning anything with the CP? (including interview, acceptance, living in Orlando, etc) Also, how hard is it to get in? and any other tips will be much appreciated.

joanna71985

I am applying for Fall Advantage '09 and I am REALLLLLY nervous about getting in. I have always dreamed of being a part of Disney and this is my chance. Any advice concerning anything with the CP? (including interview, acceptance, living in Orlando, etc) Also, how hard is it to get in? and any other tips will be much appreciated.

Welcome to WDWMagic!:)

There are 2 ways to apply for the CP- either at a campus presentation, or by doing the online presentation. If you do the campus presentation, you fill out the application online, then bring it with you. After the presentation, 1 of 2 things will happen. The recruiter will help set you up with a phone interview (this is the more likely option), or there will be a live interview. Or if you do the online presentation, you will fill out the application online, then after it ends you call to set up an interview. You also have to mail and fax in the application yourself. The interview itself is pretty simple. The questions range from personal questions (like "why do you want to do the CP?") to questions about the roles you picked. During the interview, some things to remember are: don't be nervous (the recruiters are really nice), be honest with your answers, and remember to smile (they can tell, even over the phone). On average, it usually takes about 2-3 weeks for a letter to arrive. It can take longer though (including if you plan on auditioning). The acceptance letter comes in a BIG white envelope.

For Florida- there are 3 complexes the CPs can live in (Vista, Chatham, and Patterson). The apartment sizes range from 1 BR to 4 BR apartments. I have lived in Chatham and Patterson, in 2 BR and 3 BR apartments. I like Chatham 3 BR apartments best myself. Transportation is included, but if you can...bring a car. It makes everything so much easier.

Well, that's all I can think of now. If you have any other questions, I can try to answer them. And hopefully I will see you down there (I will be applying for Fall 09 myself).

TTARider

"Run away Simba...Run. Run away and never return"...you probably won't get accepted and be forced to stay at home while your DBF is living it up in FL :king:

ntoeman

just to keep this whole questions thing going, i got one...

I plan on doing the spring '10 semester and when I arrive I will not be 21, but I will be 21 at the end of January...soooo will I get put in the wellness apartments? or can I get out of it since I'll almost be 21?

joanna71985

just to keep this whole questions thing going, i got one...

I plan on doing the spring '10 semester and when I arrive I will not be 21, but I will be 21 at the end of January...soooo will I get put in the wellness apartments? or can I get out of it since I'll almost be 21?

You will be put into a wellness, since you won't be 21. However, when you do turn 21, you can move into a non-wellness apartment without having to pay the changing fee (which I believe is $50).

ms7479a

Just a question about some of the benefits college program participants receive. I know they get free admission into the four parks as well as discounts at select merchandise and dining locations. Does anyone know if there is a discount for any of the golf courses? If so, I will definitely need to bring my golf clubs with me if I get accepted to the program.

steviej

On the interview, smile on the phone, cause believe it or not, it does come across. If you have any questions, feel free to message me

noflashphoto

Just a question about some of the benefits college program participants receive. I know they get free admission into the four parks as well as discounts at select merchandise and dining locations. Does anyone know if there is a discount for any of the golf courses? If so, I will definitely need to bring my golf clubs with me if I get accepted to the program.

I know you get one at the miniature golf course :D

gooftroop4590

hey guys i have a question about what courses you take. Currently im majoring in geography so i was wondering when and if i apply is there any courses to take for geography and if there isnt do i need to change my major to do the cp?

PinMadness

hey guys i have a question about what courses you take. Currently im majoring in geography so i was wondering when and if i apply is there any courses to take for geography and if there isnt do i need to change my major to do the cp?

There unfortunately not any Disney-geography classes you can take. But the College Program is open to all majors, so you don't have to change your major :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom