More complaints filed against Disney characters

MKBurn15

Maybe he was trying to tap her on the ARM and missed. Did anyone think of that?

For people who have been character CMs, it is hard to see out first of all because the eyehole things are black, and second because your vision on the sides are blocked, am I right? (What I'm guessing from what I've seen)

MKBurn15

Also, I'm sorry, but the mother in the video is running around a whole lot. She's running around like the people who photograph models, walking back and forth going "That's right, gimme a smile, the camera loves you!":lol: So it's also possible that the CM caught her like someone else said.

ACE

Originally posted by barnum42
ACE - there is no "claim" about reduced vision. I've not worked for Disney, but the character suits I have been in have limited vision. It's not a claim - it's a fact.

I've only looked at the clip once, and I recall that the woman was moving all over the place, but paying no attention to anything other than her camera viewfinder. Maybe she was about to back into Tigger, in which case the character performer has the option of just letting her back into him and her possibly tripping over, to push her away (assault?), to gently catch her (as in this instance) or try to jump out of her way.

I used the word claim because I have never been in a character suit like that. I have played Batman for a video store promotion and I had to turn my whole body to see to either side. But if it's a "fact" that you have limited vision then maybe you should stand still before you step on or trip over a child.

I watched the clip three different times today. The woman wasn't moving, she was standing still taking a picture. I'm not saying the person playing Tigger in this video did anything wrong, but I can see where this could hurt the accused case.

I've never said the accused was guilty or innocent. I'm just amazed that some people are so fanatical about WDW that they can't accept the fact that this COULD happen. I didn't say it did happen so please don't misquote me and say I accused someone of rape, assault, or any of the other crimes that have been misquoted about this subject.

Believe me, I think WDW is the greatest place I've ever been, but I refuse to let the "Magic" blind me from reality and the truth.

Take Care,
ACE

ACE

Originally posted by ILOVEDISNEY
I saw the guy's pic on TV while at WDW. I thought I was watching an episode of America's Most Wanted. I would not hire him to clean out my septic system, much less be Tigger. Whoever hired this guy should be fired ASAP and I hope the guy gets the book thrown at him.

As for more complaints, what did you expect? Disney has big pockets. There are a lot of dishonest people in this country and some even look like the girl next door.

Just like the folks who believe this could never happen at WDW, you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. I've come to know a lot of good people who, at first glance, would scare the bejeezus out of you. Innocent until proven guilty.

:wave: ACE

TheDisneyGirl02

I watched the news clip and I have one thought...

Why just Tigger?

Anyway, I know for a fact that characters do go up behind people who are taking pictures of their children with other characters (like Tigger did to this woman) to get the kid to smile. I saw it a million times when I worked in TT.

It must have been a slow day or near the time for Tigger to go out bouncing because usually Tigger is trapped in his line when the room is crowded.

Just my observations.

TheDisneyGirl02

:brick:

barnum42

Originally posted by TheDisneyGirl02

Why just Tigger?
Because the suit happy morons who are filing copy cat actions are acting so sheep-like they even cite the same character.

dox

Originally posted by TheDisneyGirl02

Why just Tigger?

Great question!!! Where are all the complaints against other characters. I think it is quite telling that she (the lady in the video) isn't filing a complaint. I'd like to know if she made that decision before or after she was told it wasn't the same "Tigger" CM from the first complaint. That video merely looks like Tigger was trying to help get thekids attention , possibly a thumbs up etc. Or he was playing with the lady and was blocking the view of her camera. Also who is to say she walked her into Tigger's hand.

Again what is truly frightening is all the folks who have come forward to accuse "Tigger" only to find out it was a different CM. Assuming the first CM accused did it, there is no reason to draw a bunch of innocents down into the muck.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I'm waiting for one of the copycat suits to find out that the Tigger performer was a female.... or an extremely gay male. Then this would be funny..

guwag

Photo evidence is deceiving at times, for example in this picture, my mom could either be going to push or hit Eeyore, or simply stroke his ear (as she was!) [ Edited the photo because bra was showing through top, it was not flattering and she would have had my balls :D ]

How you interpret the information has a hell of a lot to do with it - we know that Disney will see that footage as inconclusive with regards to the "molesting" and will, as Dox said, say that he was interacting with the guests.
We know that the plaintiffs will see it as evidence that his hand did go to her breast and will, as greedy people try to do, pursue the action against Disney.

I would bet anything though that if the suit was won by the plaintiffs, they'd spend some of the money on a Disney holiday anyway....

TheDisneyGirl02

Originally posted by mkt
I'm waiting for one of the copycat suits to find out that the Tigger performer was a female.... or an extremely gay male. Then this would be funny..

:lol:

How true...wouldn't they be embarrassed if that's the case!

:lol:

TheDisneyGirl02

JBSLJames

I didn't want to say anything, since this was over 10 years ago, but after taking this picture, my wife told me that both Mickey and Pluto were 'grabbing' her rear. I was shocked and immediately had her take my picture with them to see if they would do it to me. Sure enough, I'm making all this up.

All Pluto really did, was borrow my wifes hat.

10020Epcot93b-med.jpg

TURKEY

Originally posted by JBSLJames
I didn't want to say anything, since this was over 10 years ago, but after taking this picture, my wife told me that both Mickey and Pluto were 'grabbing' her rear. I was shocked and immediately had her take my picture with them to see if they would do it to me. Sure enough, I'm making all this up.

All Pluto really did, was borrow my wifes hat.

In front of American Adventure?

dae_woods

Originally posted by JBSLJames
I after taking this picture, my wife told me that both Mickey and Pluto were 'grabbing' her rear.
10020Epcot93b-med.jpg

Sorry to mention this but...
it looks to me that your wife might be the one copping the feel of the butts of those characters. Of course anytime I am around Mickey, I can't help but stare at his butt. Sure enough, I am making all this up.:hammer:

Sir Hiss527

Sorry to bring this thread up again...any news??

Like in that picture.That's how I took my picture with Minnie, and accidently touched her butt...why am I posting this? I have no clue...:D

JBSLJames

Originally posted by dae_woods
Sorry to mention this but...
it looks to me that your wife might be the one copping the feel of the butts of those characters. Of course anytime I am around Mickey, I can't help but stare at his butt. Sure enough, I am making all this up.:hammer:

No, You're right. She told me she got a pretty good handful but that was after he traced her.

dae_woods

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom