More changes to P.I. and to DTD

ImaYoyo

Original Poster
Well more changes are on the way in mid-2008. I believe they should be announced in January or February. It is quite a change. I'm interested to see how it goes. Stay tuned. I'll update info as I'm allowed to. But that could be a while. But I did just want to say yes, I found out this week that more changes are ahead.

Thelazer

Motion is toast.
BET is toast.
RRBC is toast.

One of these buildings will not survive it will be handed to a 3rd party.

Yet another "new" concept in Top40 music is soon to come.

I think that's enough for now....

ImaYoyo

Original Poster
All I need to know is if AC is safe.
A/C isn't going anywhere, well, that I know of anyway. I'll never say never, because when I do, that's when it happens. But it hasn't come up. And I cant comment on the rest, but B.E.T. did just spend a REDICULOUS amount of money on a new sign. Ug.

djkidkaz

I would like more Disney related stores. I've stopped even visiting the rest of DTD. I do the marketplace and then go home. I don't mind the clubs, as I think they are nice for the evening crowd, but they just don't have anyone in them anymore. I've tried visiting them the last couple trips and each time, I just walk in, and walk out. Motions has a handful of teens in there, but Mannequins is a ghost town. The West Side is also pretty stale. Im not buying any magic tricks, magnets or $240,000 Boba Fett costumes. Virgin mega store is the only thing I have interest in on the West Side, but not worth the walk from Marketplace to West Side and I can get DVD's and CD's at home.

What I'd really like to see in DTD is some attractions. For example, Downtown Chicago has a Ferris Wheel, a Funhouse Maze, a swing ride ala Orange Stinger at DCA. I think adding in some fun attractions with more Disney related shops would make the area more enjoyable.

I say close all but 2 of the clubs, replace the others with fun family attractions, continue the great dining options they've been adding like Ragland Road and get more Disney related shops around and you've got a winner!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Motion is toast.
BET is toast.
RRBC is toast.

A/C isn't going anywhere, well, that I know of anyway. I'll never say never, because when I do, that's when it happens. But it hasn't come up. And I cant comment on the rest, but B.E.T. did just spend a REDICULOUS amount of money on a new sign. Ug.
Then I am good. The wife and I get PI AP's solely for AC. My opinion on the 3 clubs mentioned...burn them to the ground and put in something new.

TakeMe2TheMagic

I am glad to hear there will be changes to DTD. I really have no use for the westside. I am not really a club person, and as another poster said I have no use for a new magnet or a magic trick. The Virgin mega store doesn't exactly "tickle my fancy" I could go anywhere and buy cds and dvds. I would love to see more Disney specialty shops with more of a grown up feel. (more so than the marketplace) Also I think adding some type of attraction or show at DTD would give people more to do, they would spend more time there and that would bring in more money. Another thing I have wondered about is maybe making the westside a little more family oriented. I understand that it is for more of an adult "night crowd" but I really think that their is way more families going to DTD then their is single adults (or adults without children). I have been at the marketplace many times and it was so crowded you can hardly walk, but take the boat over to the westside and it's like you have the place to your selfs. :lookaroun

WaltsApprentice

Motion is toast.
BET is toast.
RRBC is toast.

Wow you made it sound like an epic movie trailer :lol: Starring Tim Allen ( hes in almost everything now disney) and Nicholas Cage

Maerj

I hope they add more things like the Adventurer's Club. Add a Magician's Club, similar concept, different theme. Add a murder mystery theater, make it like a game of Clue come to life... they have dealings with Hasbro, it couldn't be that hard to get the rights to do something like that.

SeanC

I still like Pleasure Island, even if its a shadow of its former self. However, the only clubs I frequent are Mannequins, 8-Trax, AC, and RRBC (they still get some pretty awesome cover bands - ever see the Leonard Brothers?) So if Motion and BET bite the dust, no loss for me...I'd be sorry to see RRBC go, but i would guess a new venue for live bands would rise up somewhere...

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Just replace the clubs with more restaurants because we need more dining choices

I hope they add more things like the Adventurer's Club. Add a Magician's Club, similar concept, different theme. Add a murder mystery theater, make it like a game of Clue come to life... they have dealings with Hasbro, it couldn't be that hard to get the rights to do something like that.
Both great ideas that could be combined to from an even better idea....more dinner shows like Hoop de do and Aloha.

RNRguy

yes Pleasure island is fading , its not what it use to be. i remember back in the 90 when thats all there was but now its fun to just walk all the way down and remember and just see whats still there. i did that in oct. it was fun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom