More changes to P.I. and to DTD

Space Mountain

I would like more Disney related stores. I've stopped even visiting the rest of DTD. I do the marketplace and then go home. I don't mind the clubs, as I think they are nice for the evening crowd, but they just don't have anyone in them anymore. I've tried visiting them the last couple trips and each time, I just walk in, and walk out. Motions has a handful of teens in there, but Mannequins is a ghost town. The West Side is also pretty stale. Im not buying any magic tricks, magnets or $240,000 Boba Fett costumes. Virgin mega store is the only thing I have interest in on the West Side, but not worth the walk from Marketplace to West Side and I can get DVD's and CD's at home.

What I'd really like to see in DTD is some attractions. For example, Downtown Chicago has a Ferris Wheel, a Funhouse Maze, a swing ride ala Orange Stinger at DCA. I think adding in some fun attractions with more Disney related shops would make the area more enjoyable.

I say close all but 2 of the clubs, replace the others with fun family attractions, continue the great dining options they've been adding like Ragland Road and get more Disney related shops around and you've got a winner!

I've worked at Mannequins and it has been JAMMED, but its usually Thursday nights..

House of Mouse family club :D

I've actually thought of that a few times (while watching the show :lookaroun) I always thought that that would make a good club or themed restaurant. I'd go there and watch cartoons with Mickey as the MC :D

Anyways... As long as the A/C is safe I won't lose any sleep. I'd kinda like it if RRBC survived as I love going over for some live music every once in a while but it won't bother me if its gone. Same with Comedy Warehouse.

But BIG REQUEST!!! I don't know if any decision makers read this site or not but... PLEASE!!! FIND SOMEPLACE AND BRING BACK THE JESSICA RABBIT SIGN! I miss her :(

-Jake

Fun2BFree

I would love to see the Star Wars Cantina as a P.I. nightclub. Think of the ambiance... and the drinks! Death Star-tini, anyone? :lol:

Thelazer

But BIG REQUEST!!! I don't know if any decision makers read this site or not but... PLEASE!!! FIND SOMEPLACE AND BRING BACK THE JESSICA RABBIT SIGN! I miss her :(

-Jake

Sorry to say, it's gone for good. It was cut into parts.

As for the West End Stage sign that was supposed to be kept... it had a little "accident" and fell 40 feet to its death.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Just looked closer at the title of the post. The OP suggests changes not just to PI, but seemingly to some other part of DTD. Let the speculation begin...

Virgin has been closing stores left and right. Perhaps DTD is next.
The rumored Apple store would make sense for many reasons.

And of course, we always hear about DisneyQuest perhaps closing. I, for one, hope that they invest in it rather than closing it, but I could see it happening, finally.

And, of course, there needs to be sports bar at DTD, so I'm guessing that an ESPN Zone gets added. Maybe in place of DisneyQuest, or maybe where one of the clubs at PI is.

And there are still several pads at the West end of West Side that could be built upon.

Sorry to say, it's gone for good. It was cut into parts.

As for the West End Stage sign that was supposed to be kept... it had a little "accident" and fell 40 feet to its death.

I know :( I was there when they were taking her down and I saw her broken into pieces. Sad day for my friends and I. We all really liked that sign. Less and less Roger Rabbit stuff around the parks each year.

-Jake

TravisMT81

I just wish they would combine Manequins and 8trax and then make the waterfront the gated area with plenty of outdoor seating a live band, maybe have an area that serves tappas. And of course all this area would be 21 and up.

polarboi

I've worked at Mannequins and it has been JAMMED, but its usually Thursday nights..

Yeah, I posted on another thread that it was jammed last Thursday.

Not surprising, since I believe Thursday is the unofficial "CPers get plastered" night.

Mannequins attracts a, um, certain crowd on Thursday nights. They're not all CPs, but a decent number of them are.

But there are verrrrry few women. :lookaroun

-p.b. :cool:

CaptainMichael

Well, they can, but then they can't pay for food/ rent/ and other things. There are plenty of CP's throwing down their paychecks on Thursdays, then complaining about eating ramen on a Monday

Ah, another good reason to go to the AC instead of other places. Thursdays there are CM night, but very few CP's. And, let's face it, AC RULES!

I guess I'm the exception rather than rule with CP's when it comes to drinking and managing money.

Hope you're doing well:wave:

polarboi

So what, it's Mannequins then? :zipit:

:lol:

Indeed it is. :drevil:

I know :( I was there when they were taking her down and I saw her broken into pieces. Sad day for my friends and I. We all really liked that sign. Less and less Roger Rabbit stuff around the parks each year.

I loved Jessica Rabbit too. I have a pic of me under that sign, and I'm so glad I have it. It's a terrible pic of me, but it's the only one I have with Jessica.

I wish we had more Roger Rabbit stuff at WDW. The other day I was listening to an audio clip of an old version of Spectro with Roger in it. Sigh. We have Roger over at the Pop Century 80s building, but there's not much in the parks themselves. Disneyland has Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin which is actually a pretty fun ride... but I'm getting off-topic again.

Is there any rights reason Jessica can't come back to PI? Is she just not in keeping with the current family friendly image?

-p.b. :cool:

Texas84

Walked into Raglan Road last week and walked right back out. It was hot and smelled like a bathroom. Hopefully that was just a bad night when the AC went down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom