More Candy! (MNSSHP update)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Disney has upped the ante this year with Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party.

In addition to Hallowishes fireworks and 2 showings of the Boo-to-You parade, as well as the family photo - Disney is offering more candy then ever before.

So that's what happens when you let Goofy run the place? This years candy "sponsor" is Disney's brand, Goofy's Candy Company.

This year will have 60% more candy than last year, an increase from 7 million pieces given out to trick-or-treating guests to a whopping 11 million (that's 11,000,000) pieces of candy.

In addition to treat locations, candy will be given out along the parade route to waiting guests and in "surprise" locations. The candy offered this year wont be unique to each location but rather feature a mix at each location so that the lines move better too.

Goofy's Candy Company is making its mark as a Disney brand - recently an entire section of Epcot's MouseGear was redone to the brand with a "Tons-o-Fun" area featuring 130 candy dispensers and 51 candy bins.

The brand includes jelly beans, M&Ms, Tootsie Rolls, taffy, Hershey Kisses, non pareils and much more.

CM's working the MNSSHP events will be wearing Goofy's Candy Co. aprons and a float in the Boo-to-You parade will be themed to the sweets as well.

dflye

Merf, as always, thanks for the update!

So, can someone do the math, and figure out for the days that they are passing out candy, and the expected attendance for those days, how many pieces of candy per guest does that equate to on average?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
If every day sells out, about 37 pieces per guest.

More "average" attendance - 62 to 48 pieces per guest.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
To put that in perspective, candy sells for halloween in bags that hold like 15 pieces (typically for things like mini candy bars and in my case, Reeses Peanut Butter Cups).

celestia

Keep an eye out for the Treat Trail in adventureland, it looks like it will be really neat!

Stop by and say hi if you know who I am. :)
*wave*

That just made me want to buy a ticket. I doubt they will give me any candy but im interested in seeing the boo-to-you parade, and Hallowishes.

3rdShiftCM

Hey guys,

The wife and I will be there on the 10/30, the first day of our vacation( onlys 30 days :sohappy: ) and I was wondering if you guys could help us out with a little advice on how the see the best of the event. We are really excited about MNSSHP and HHN, going there on the 31.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Mickeyman819 said:
That just made me want to buy a ticket. I doubt they will give me any candy but im interested in seeing the boo-to-you parade, and Hallowishes.

Everyone gets candy and a trick or treat bag :) That's what makes the event fun.

MSTINKHERBELL01

celestia said:
Keep an eye out for the Treat Trail in adventureland, it looks like it will be really neat!

Stop by and say hi if you know who I am. :)
*wave*

Celestia...I want to say hi. I'll be there on the 7th. I'll go to the TREAT TRAIL and ask if anyone knows celestia...! :lol:

Well, went on the 30th and had an ab so lute Blast!! got tons of candy by the hand fulls. and to add that the parade and Hallowishes was completely awesome also. This was definately a good year for halloween for Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom