More booze at Disneyland

D.Silentu

Following Oga's Cantina this was just a matter of time. It would be nice if this helped relax crowds at Oga's now that it won't be the only watering hole at the park. I wonder about these new menu items though and I hope they aren't merely a trojan horse for inflated prices.

Wendy Pleakley

If someone wants to be drunk at Disneyland they can go drink at DCA or Downtown Disney.

With so many options a stone's throw away, having more alcohol in Disneyland isn't likely to make a huge difference either way.

I don't particularly care one way or the other, but having an arbitrary line where alcohol stops seems pointless.

Californian Elitist

I’ll probably get hate for this… but who cares????? If I’m on vacation and want to have a drink, I’d like to have one. Maybe because I’m a WDW native and am used to being able to get a drink in 3 of the 4 parks. I just don’t get it. It’s 2023, if you want to have a drink you can have one.
This is how I feel. Alcohol has been sold on property, including in the park, for years. Walt Disney has been dead for decades; we shouldn’t expect the company to follow exactly what he wanted for the park back in 1955. They’ve already deviated from his original vision for the park, many times, actually.

If someone wants to have a drink, fine. If someone doesn’t, fine.

TrainsOfDisney

Has nothing to do with what I posted.

BTW, you’ve been around people drinking at the parks before. Doesn’t seem to bother you that much.
it’s definitely bothered me at Epcot, DHS and DCA as well as at the boardwalk.

It hasn’t been a big issue in the castle parks yet, since it’s only at table service for now. Which is good. I still would prefer all the parks to be alcohol free and find it sad that people “need” a drink so badly.

But of course… travel and Disney is my addiction and it’s just as expensive!

Californian Elitist

it’s definitely bothered me at Epcot, DHS and DCA as well as at the boardwalk.

It hasn’t been a big issue in the castle parks yet, since it’s only at table service for now. Which is good. I still would prefer all the parks to be alcohol free and find it sad that people “need” a drink so badly.

But of course… travel and Disney is my addiction and it’s just as expensive!
Could it be that you're projecting? There are various reasons why people choose to have a drink. What's sad about wanting a drink, or even needing a drink?

MagicHappens1971

When I go to MK, I can’t have an alcoholic drink, whether or not I’d like one. When I go to the other 3 parks I am free to drink or not. I don’t really like the emphasis on the phrase “need a drink”. I don’t need a drink to enjoy the parks, I’m on vacation and would like a drink. I don’t see why my drink is your problem. It’s not like second hand smoke

Californian Elitist

Alcohol has been served at the resort for many years; it has never looked like a night out on the Vegas Strip with people in drunken stupors at the parks. Even with ElecTRONica and The Mad T Party, where alcohol was served in a club-like atmosphere, it never turned into drunken nigh fests. I think it's obvious that guests recognize and understand the "venue" and therefore do not have drink after drink after drink until they're insanely drunk. They have a drink or two and hop in line for the next ride.

Phroobar

When I go to MK, I can’t have an alcoholic drink, whether or not I’d like one. When I go to the other 3 parks I am free to drink or not. I don’t really like the emphasis on the phrase “need a drink”. I don’t need a drink to enjoy the parks, I’m on vacation and would like a drink. I don’t see why my drink is your problem. It’s not like second hand smoke
Until you run over a five year old on Harbor while leaving the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom