Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor

Hotdogs

Original Poster
Does anyone have a review of the new Monsters Inc. attraction at MK as we are going there very soon.

frankd1962

I went a few times to see it. I thought it was fun with the theming going from Human to Monster world. Keep an eye out for some stuff once you cross over.

The theater itself is nice and watch the screen for pictures of people in the theater with little witty lines under the picture. And have cell phones ready to text your jokes. One of the monsters does them during the show.

Hotdogs

Original Poster
So its more of a stage show? Are they live in front of you or is it on a screen? Thanks for the info.

KCBroadway

I saw this show back in June for the first time and I was pleasantly surprised. When you're waiting for the show to start they scan the audience and put random people up on the big screen with funny comments underneath. It's funny - Mike from Monsters Inc. is the MC and his animation is constant for each show (as well as Ros - Not sure of spelling - She's the creepy secretary from Monsters Inc.). Anyway - The characters actually doing the stand-up are the ones that are being controlled. I saw this show twice and it had similarities in context, but was different overall both times. You could tell the voices were different of the characters on the different days. Anyway - it was pretty funny and definitely worth seeing. Have fun!

JDM

It's really a great show and definitely a must-see.

This real-time-animation technology (along with the similar Turtle Talk with Crush) is amazing and I believe it's the future of Disney. (not that I'm saying anything against the classics....Disney can afford to do both!)

Go see it!

kcnole

I don't think I would have been bothered by it had they used an AA of Mike or Roz or something. I just don't like the disconnect of having to look at a video screen. Also, the animation in this just seems clunky compared to Crush. Does anybody know why that is?

erasure fan1

Also, the animation in this just seems clunky compared to Crush. Does anybody know why that is?
Yes It was very robotic, crush looked better to me. If they step up the animation it would make a big difference in the show for me.

The show was OK, it wasnt great but was worth doing once. My brother in law was "that guy" so that was funny. The whole thing seemed kind of forced, it seems more like a stop gap attraction rather than something permanent. It had some funny things, the kids liked it, it just didnt WOW me.

Vernonpush

It was OK. I wouldn't stand in line more than 15 mins. to see it. The technology is fun, but if you've seen turtle Talk/w Crush, you've seen The Laugh Floor.:shrug:

I'm hoping that Toy Story's Mr. Potatohead is a blending of the computer controlled animation with AAs, now that's where Disney should go. Not some lame screen based technology. Isn't Roz at DL a CGA AA?

kcnole

No, Roz is a full fledged AA but she does have a human voicing her. They're supposedly going to use that technology with the potato head barker in Toy Story Mania.

ThinkTink721

... but the second and third times they had the same script (except for the improv jokes).... was that my bad luck or just the way it is?

Now my children walk around telling each other "I'm always watching........ ALWAYS watching!!!!!" "Why did the chicken cross the road? To get away from Roz!"

roz.jpg
Remember to turn in your paperwork! :D :lol: :wave:

Jesùs_Carioca

Second time seeing the show I was picked to be "THAT GUY"!:D

Join. The. Club!!!

haha, and both times i've went, the same joke has been submitted within my group of friends and has always been chosen. It's always the only worthy enough clean joke we could think of.

"Why did the Tomato hesitate to open the Refrigerator door?

Because it was scared it might see the Salad dressing."

*badum-cha*

Pocamahontas

I was sooo happy with it! I love how the monsters actually interact with the audience, and if you send in text messages (like it tells you to do in the line while you're waiting) they actually use them during the show(if they're appropriate of course)! It's reallly neatt!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom